Ayala Moriel Megumi

3.3

on 10/12/2012 2:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This one is all about the apricot for me. And I love apricot.

Megumi opens with a big bouquet feel. Moss runs in and makes things chaotic for several minutes.

Then the scent disappears for a few minutes, just like Neela Vermeire's Mohar does, probably showcasing some note I just can't smell.

When it reappears a few minutes later, Megumi is all soft, smooth, blossom-y apricot. Not quite sweet or thick enough to be jam. Something keeps the scent out in the garden, with trees and earth. At the same time, Megumi has none of the sharp turns I usually get with chypres.

Although their structures couldn't be more different, I keep thinking of how Megumi compares to Mitsouko. I confess that Mitsouko is a scent I admire but can't wear. It comes across as bossy and bullying. Megumi has a bit of tough love in the beginning, but then settles down into something gentle, kind, and just slightly wistful, like a Japanese poem about seasons passing.

Sillage is very low. Tenacity seems a bit less than average, even for this style of perfumery, but I may be anosmic to some notes here. I have to apply Megumi very liberally to fully appreciate it.

on 12/31/2007 5:29:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Gorgeous woody scent, very delicate and different. But I have to agree with purplebird: It doesn't last at all. Apparently these blends are available in oil based, and that might help, but nowhere on the site does it say this. I guess you have to ask. After spending this much for samples that don't last at all, I'm reluctant to spend it all over again for the same stuff that might last. Or might not. Disappointed.

on 10/21/2006 5:55:00 PM

Gentle medly of wood, warm florals, and comforting spices. Feminine, soft fragrance. Disappears too quickly on me, though.

Popular Fragrances