Jane Iredale Flocked Sponge

4.5

Not tested on animals

on 2/18/2015 5:12:00 PM

What a great little sponge! I find it works best with the JI Purepressed powder, but also works good with liquid foundations. So glad I found this little guy! Don't despair the pricetag for such a little sponge - it lasts forever!

on 11/10/2013 10:23:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I love this little guy. I have it for 2 years, still in good shape. I wash it after every 2 uses. it dries quick. other than the foundation stains, it works great. I just use it on the days I don't feel like reaching my brushes and blend in the uneven blush that I applied .

on 12/30/2012 2:47:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

THis is an incredible sponge, I am surprised I have not reviewed it yet. I bought this sponge years ago and it still looks new, no pilling or breaking down like other flocked sponged I have tried.When I wear liquid foundation I think this sponge applies it evenly and naturally without soaking up the makeup wasting it,

I have had problems with stains on it from Revlon's Colorstay foundation, I assume because it is long wearing. I just watched a great youtube video about removing makeup stains from sponges and brushes using olive oil. I was afraid that I would never get the oil out of my sponge, but this did not happen. I actually filled up a dixi cup with oil just at the bottom and soaked my sponge for a few seconds, Then a squeeze released all the makeup that would not wash out, highly impressive!!! I washed my sponge with an olive oil soap that I typically use to wash brushes and sponges and it lathered even better than before, removing all the olive oil from the sponge. My sponge looks new again. I am so very excited about this, defiantly worth trying.

I am convinced that this one sponge that I bought for $5.00 is the only sponge I will even need as it looks the same as the day I bought it years ago, but I would buy again if it was lost while traveling. I highly recommend.

on 5/1/2012 12:26:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I love these sponges. My mom started using one about 6 years ago and I've been using one since. It creates a very smooth finish with liquid foundation. I've been complimented on my makeup and people ask "what kind of makeup do you wear?" I stick with inexpensive brands, but I'm convinced it's this sponge that creates the airbrushed look that people notice. Each sponge lasts a long time! My mom throws them in the washing machine, I hand wash mine.

Will definitely use this for the rest of my life!

on 5/31/2011 1:44:00 PM

The Jane Iredale flocked sponge is great for people like me with sensitive skin - it's the softest makeup remover I've found, BUT it is so tiny; I was expecting something much bigger from the photo on the Web site when I ordered it. So it's definitely overpriced. I'll try sponges from the drugstore instead - more economical and will probably last much longer!

on 5/23/2011 2:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Great little sponge to apply liquid foundation with. Unlike other sponges, it holds the right amount of water when you dampen it. Its super easy to wash which I do just about every time I use it for my liquid foundations. As expected, the liquid stain the sponge so it doesn't look pretty but that's ok as it gives an airbrushed finished in seconds.

on 6/5/2010 3:45:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I use Jane Iredale pure pressed base for my sensitive, acne-prone skin. I've tried less expensive sponges and puffs, but I've found that Jane Iredale's flocked sponge, although pricier, has been the best by far for use with the pressed base.I was slightly dissatisfied with the pressed base at first, until I used this sponge with it. It made a world of a difference, and now I am a loyal Jane Iredale devotee. I'm willing to spend more for a consistently good product. This really works for me to get a controlled, smooth, natural application that's even and not chalky looking. The shape of the sponge is great for applying by the corners of my eyes and nose too. It's durable and lasts months if properly cared for.

on 1/31/2010 7:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

These are the best sponges for either liquid or pressed powder application. If you use it w/the pressed powder, you will get an even, less sheer, more full coverage application than you can get with any kind of brush or other sponge. Used with liquid (of any kind) and the application is even and far superior to any drug store or other sponge you might try. These clean up nicely...just a quick wash w/some mild soap and they can be reused again and again and again. they dry fast. I have one I've been using for 2 years and it still hasn't fallen apart. Wouldn't be without it.

on 12/15/2008 4:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

great at fixing my"makeup mistakes". I bought it onsale at agelessapple.com

on 6/18/2008 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

this is my first flocked sponge, so i'm not quite sure how they're all supposed to be. nonetheless, i am very satisfied w/ my purchase. the texture of the sponge is so soft and velvety, there's no irritation whatsoever. the shape is perfect and the size is not overly large or small... just right. the sponge is well made. as for application, it saves me some time compared to using brushes and powders don't look as powdery/cakey.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools