OPI Jewel of India Nail Polish

4.5

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is a great nail polish the one thing I don't really like is how big the bursh is but overall it's great

on 3/28/2013 3:15:00 PM

The reviews speak for themselves. Great color!

on 5/2/2011 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Very beautiful magenta metallic color. It IS very jewel-like and gorgeous. Two coats is enough.

on 7/9/2010 12:50:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

I really like this polish. A lot. The color is a deep magenta shimmer with a little plum mixed in. I'd been looking for this recently online and ordered it, but it was canceled at the last minute by the seller, so I was sure I'd not find it save for Ebay. Then I stopped by Trade Secret today to find it in the clearance bin for $5! So with my member discount, I spent way less than I would have online. Sweet! Anyways, this color is awesome on my C7 skin tone. Very elegant and regal. And sexy. And the formula was great. Color on my nails matched the bottle in two standard coats, and dried quickly like most OPI lacquers. If I needed to I would definitely repurchase, and would pay retail if necessary.

on 7/27/2009 10:39:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

OPI's Jewel of India is a glimmery lit-from-within medium true magenta polish - at least that's how it looks on my very pale but with very slight yellow-toned skin. It has definite plummy undertones and while it's a pretty color, I'm not loving it. I'm wishing it had more redded tones than it does. (The outdoor picture that I uploaded shows more red which is how it does look outside.)

The application on this one was a little on the streaky side. First coat was highly streaky but it evened out on the second and was totally opaque by the third coat and highly, highly shiny. It also has that shimmer that makes it darker around the edges and shimmery in the middle so it looks like it's "lit from within." Wear time was the usual OPI greatness - five days with no chipping, cracking, or peeling.

All in all though, I won't repurchase this one because of the plum undertones that are clashing with my warm-toned skin.

on 7/27/2009 3:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

It's a lovely pink/purple shimmery color. I don't know what about it but I'm absolutely in love with it. I don't see anything special or different but whenever I'm in a I don't know what color to put on mood I always go to this one. I just love it unconditionally for no reason. Like bee to honey. My HG color I did pick up another similar color to this but a tad brighter called China Glaze international flare, it doesn't do it for me as this one, something is special.

Packaging is my favorite comes with the pro wide brush for easy, smooth application.

on 7/14/2009 8:58:00 PM

A gorgeous, pink and purple shimmery color. I could wear it on my toes year-round. Maybe it's just me, but it seems like this particular shade had better "coverage" and staying power than some of the other OPI colors....I didn't need to apply a million coats to get the result I wanted.

on 12/1/2008 4:06:00 PM

Jewel of India was released with the India collection in 2008. It's a deep purple/pink shimmery color. Very pretty! It's a fun color but not too "fun" for office wear. It's a classic color, perfect for fall and winter.

As always with OPI nail polishes the quality is fantastic. One coat provides enough covering. The lasting power is amazing. Overall I'm a big fan of OPI nail polishes and this one is no exception. Since I love the color I'd definitely repurchase! This is the perfect pink/purple color! Very unique. continued >>

I have given myself countless pedicures with Jewel of India. This shade is beautiful and stunning! I can best describe it as fuschia mixed with hints of pink and subtle shimmer. Other reviewers have described it as magenta. Whatever the description it's a stunning shade! I have several similar looking shades from other nailpolish brands but for me Jewel of India is truly unique!

on 4/1/2008 5:20:00 PM

I found this one at Marshall's for only $2.99 so of course it was a no-brainer that it was going to be added to my collection. I'm really glad I found it because it is probably not a shade I would have bought if it hadn't been on sale, but it is so pretty on my pale skin! Like other posters said it's different and unique but not trashy at all.

Top Rated OPI Products