Almay Softie eyeshadow

2.8

on 3/8/2015 10:20:00 PM

Creme brulee - pretty sheen but no pigmentation at all.

on 2/23/2015 4:06:00 PM

This is one of the worst eyeshadows I have ever bought. It is incredibly chalky and has no pigmentation. I would not recommend this to anyone. I'm going to throw mine out

on 2/14/2015 5:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I expected more of a color pay off as they're on the more expensive at the drug store, however, they are much better then many Maybelline shadows and CG etc on my particular eyes. Great for the day time b/c they are so subtle. Very pleased that there's no sparkle or shimmer whatsoever. I have light-med brown / beigey skin so I purchased "Peach Fuzz" & "Sea Foam". They do not really show up on my dark lids, so I need to apply 2times, maybe even 3times over. I do like that they do NOT irritate my eyes nor is there any fallout like I get from so many other brands. High and low end eye-shadows often irritate my darn allergy eyes. The Body Shop still is my fav for shadows in every aspect and I will just spend the few extra bucks next time. But, they won't go un-sed as I can still wear them for work (even the blue / turquoise one).

on 11/4/2014 2:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

This stuff does not blend. It is a mess. Good concept; bad implementation

on 9/16/2014 9:54:00 AM

I must admit, the name of these drew me in--I just love the idea of a soft, colorful wash of shadow. I have such trouble with drugstore eye shadows, but I don't have the budget for more expensive brands. These are perfect! I have the Lilac shade. It's not a cream, not a powder, somewhere in between. I've found that brushes do not give the full impact of the color. These are much more colorful when applied with a finger--kind of messy, but worth it. I get a nice, subtle shade of color that's very easy to wear--and no sparkles! I'm so disappointed when I get an eye shadow that is just all sparkle and no color. I will definitely try more colors in this line--maybe Smoke, as I've been looking for a taupe-grey neutral shade.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Unfortunately, this eyeshadow didn't work out for me. I prefer eye products that are more pigmented, and this was just too sheer for me personally. I couldn't get the shadow to show up enough.
I don't like writing a review that's completely negative. The good thing is that I got this on sale, so I'm not too disappointed that it wasn't for me. The little teardrop-shaped cases that this comes in are cute.
Long story short, if you want a smooth, pigmented eyeshadow, don't buy this.

on 5/25/2014 11:32:00 PM

I love these so much that I created a profile just to review them. I have been eyeing these off at my local drug store for some time, but due to reading so many negative reviews I held off on buying them.

I purchased Smoke, Honeydew, Creme Brulee, Hot Fudge, Lilac, Petal, Seafoam, Smoke, Moss & Peach Fuzz. These shadows remind me of Play-doh in the pan, but they go on like a powder and give a very very soft look. I used a primer and Painterly paint pot as a base. I had no issues applying the shadows with a brush, the color payoff was soft, but not so soft that they couldn't be seen. My favorite look so far is Smoke all over the lid, and smudged along the lower lash line, with Hot Fudge in the outer corner, Creme Brulee as an inner corner highlight and gently patted over the Smoke on the eyelid.. The finished result is an incredibly quick, easy and foolproof smoky eye. Seriously, anyone that is pressed for time or unsure about how to create a smoky eye could not possibly go wrong. These shadows would work well for a school look.

The brushes I used were the Smashbox double ended brush from the Full Exposure Palette and the Sigma pencil brush.

Lilac all over the lid and Seafoam through the crease is also really nice.

on 5/15/2014 9:03:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I find this product absolutely awful. It's utterly useless and I can't even get it to stick to my brushes or fingers. So bad I ended up throwing them in the garbage. No use for them at all. Unfortunate since I enjoy Almay products.

on 5/8/2014 8:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I was hesitant to try because of some negative reviews I read online. But I went ahead and bought Smoke anyways. Glad I did. It ended up being a pretty wash of dark taupe on me. It is easy to use, I apply with finger, and I'm done. Add liner if needed. I wanted a color that would show up but maybe not be so dramatic for everyday wear. This ended up working out. I ended up buying Hot Fudge, Moss, and Night Sky as well.
I really like moss on me and Fudge. Sky was just not a shade I am into. I should have known not to buy a blue shadow. I never end up liking them. I would stick with the richer, darker colors in these shadows because they are more sheer then what I normally buy. The dark neutrals are nice for work with black mascara. I really ended up liking these. The color does show. I do not find them to be hard to work with. I use 2-3 swipes and I have a nice color. I maybe would prefer to use a brush but I find my finger gives best color. The texture is different. Almost like maybelline dream bouncy blush.
** these are subtle but nice. I just prefer shades i can apply with brush, not hands. light shades very very subtle.

on 3/25/2014 2:59:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

When i came across the new Almay softies eye shadow display i was drawn to this beautiful green gold colour and i simply had to have it. The colour i bought was called Moss. One thing i noticed was that i couldnt use my eyeshadow brush and i had to apply it with my finger. I love using my brushes so i wasn't to happy about that. The texture is very soft but when using it i had to apply alot to build up the colour. This eye shadow looks pretty as a wash over my chocolate shadows and my mac pink sushi flower. I will not repurchase.

Top Rated Almay Products