Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Airbrushing Pressed Powder SPF 30

3.9

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 15.0%, Zinc Oxide 10.0% Inactive Ingredients: Mica, Boron Nitride, Zinc Stearate, Lauroyl Lysine, Tricaprylin, Magnesium Silicate, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Chlorphenesin, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, May Contain: Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide

on 5/15/2015 11:42:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This review is for PF Mineral Wear Talc-free Airbrushing Pressed Powder SPF 30 in Translucent: I am 50 and of Irish descent with lots of skin cancers in my family - therefore I ALWAYS apply a zinc oxide (non-chemical) based sunscreen - rain or shine, summer or winter. Some of the sunscreens (often on top of vitamin C serum) give me too much shine. This product in a sturdy compact (I rarely use the enclosed brush) is the best to-go powder I have found that protects, looks good, doesn't crumble if bumped around in my bag, is easy to find at Target, lasts a long time, and doesn't cost too much. I use a big powder brush, tap off excess, and apply lightly all over. I don't really count on it for sun protection, it's more like an extra dusting of protection over my spf 30 sunscreen.

The color of the compact reminds me of a bridesmaid dress I had to wear in the early 90's, but the good news is I can always spot it on the bathroom counter I share with 3 teenagers and in my to-go makeup bag.

My daughter even asked for one of her own.

EWG rating: 3
Beautypedia rating: Best
MakeupAlley: 71% would repurchase

on 5/12/2015 11:06:00 AM

While this product did not work out for me, I do think it is a great, affordable powder with a high spf of 30. I have this in the translucent and it just did not agree with my large pores and wrinkles. The airbrushing effect, the "sheen" highlighted all my skin's imperfections and made my combination skin look chalky. I tried many different applications and could not get this to look good on me.

on 4/25/2015 2:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Really love this brand. I have oily light skin in winter months since don't indoor tan anymore. I have blemish free skin but oily. Makes my face tone even. I wear little make up, going to work I just brush some on and have it on, keeps my face most of the day from that oily look. When I go out I put a mousse foundation and use a large brush instead of the one included and apply all over. For me it works great ! And I do have semi sensitive skin. Little pricey but if you want quality that's what it costs. My fave make up line is MAC and I've switch from their powders to this it's half the price and works just as well! Only flaw is I wish I could match the colour at the store but Walmart carries it and they have a large collection and if you pick a tone that is completely off from yours you can go return and them them it's not correct and there's no hassle! Love it give it a try they have large line of products to choose from!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really want to like this product...it is one of the physicians formula powders that is not too pink and/or too dark (I am talking to you, BB powder) and the texture to touch is really really creamy. But...
1. It does something bad to my skin. It was not very obvious at first, but after a week of use there were much more breakouts on my face. (I actually very rarely actually get breakout...but this just manage to do that to me...)
2. The "airbrushing" part (the sheen) emphasizes every little imperfection on my face that I don't even know. I am young (look at the age division) and my skin is in general in pretty good condition but this powder just emphasizes every dry patch (that I don't even know) and break outs (caused by this powder) on my face. It is just...not a good look.
3. I tried it every way...on bare skin, over sheer foundation and over full coverage foundation, and it is just...chalky. No matter what brush I use or what the application method I try, it just leaves a visible (I mean it, I can see the dust of the powder) layer of powder on my face. I even tried to use my fingers to help blending but it just...doesn't work. The chalkiness and the shine somehow (I don't even know how) makes my skin look dry and shiny at the same time...just terrible.
4. The packaging. I first thought that the mirror on the bottom is pretty handy until the hinge broke...and then the whole pan just sat there and....it was bad.
Bottom line: I tossed it.

on 2/2/2015 10:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This powder is pretty lovely. I like the feel of it, as well as the finish. It leaves my face looking pretty natural with just a light sweep over my BB cream and concealer. On days that I just want to quickly get out of the house I wear this powder.

I can't think of really any negative thing about this powder besides the claims of SPF 30. If you really look into how they determine what SPF something is, then this would be classified as not even having an SPF in my opinion. Layered over a moisturizer, a foundation, both with some SPF, then this, sure it could help, but not on it's own. I try to be good and never leave the house without some protection from the sun, but I would never leave the house wearing just this and expect to be "protected".

Other than that, it doesn't break me out, it feels nice and soft, and it's a great basic powder.

on 11/11/2014 12:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I love this powder! I have normal skin that gets just slightly oily in the t-zone throughout the day, but my nose is also dry/flakey. I wanted a setting powder that wasn't super matte because I like a more natural/satin finish and I am not concerned about oil control. I'm MAC NW15 (in mineralize foundation) and I bought this powder in Creamy Natural. The color looks great on me, not too dark. I apply with a fluffy powder brush over foundation and it looks beautiful. I also apply more heavily over BB cream and can get some coverage from this powder. The powder doesn't cling to/accentuate my dry skin but also takes most of my shine away. It doesn't look powdery and cakey on the skin like most powders do. My only complaint is the packaging: it's very bulky and feels fragile. I like that it comes with a little brush for convenience on the go, but the brush storage compartment bigger than necessary and adds to the bulk.

on 11/2/2014 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This natural looking powder is perfect for achieving a dewy look. I love it for brightening up my under eye area. It's a bit too shimmery for areas where my skin isn't perfectly smooth, so I put it where I want a highlight (under my eyes, cheekbones, and cupids bow). It provides a medium to light coverage depending on how you apply (use a dry or damp sponge for more coverage). Overall I love this powder but I wouldn't use it as a powder foundation unless I had perfect skin.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I LOVE this! I keep this in my purse for easy touch ups during the day. I am a liquid foundation girl, but, on very hot days, or lazy days this is perfect. It covers beautifully, high coverage for a powder. Nice glow, not chalky or powdery. It covers all my redness, looks natural but flawless. I've never been so impressed with a powder foundation, and I've tried kat von d, BE, BE ready, and mac. The only downside is the packaging, it's bulky, breaks easily, and I hate when they have brushes in compacts, feels wasteful.

on 9/19/2014 1:25:00 PM

Let me start off buy saying I've tried EVERYTHING high end low end you name it to try to cover up my acne and scarring. A year ago I discovered "pur minerals pressed powder" was my HG for the longest time but it never really matched me and was 27$!! I stumbled upon this a few weeks ago looking for something that wouldn't break me out, offer the coverage I needed(full) and cheaper than pur minerals. Well I FOUND IT with this product I was AMAZED veryyyy similar to put minerals but less than half the price! Amazing! This is also great for acne prone skin, no fragrance, talc, parabins or anything like that! Looking for light weight, natural looking full coverage that only takes SECONDS to apply. This is it give it a try I'm telling you you won't be disappointed

on 9/10/2014 7:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I like the everything about this except that the lightest one is too dark for my fair skin. Love the SPF aspect.