Sally Hansen Diamond Strength in Deeply Violet (92)

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

on 2/11/2013 10:18:00 AM

I bought this a few years ago on clearance at CVS. It was one of my best finds! I love the sparkle in the polish and the fact that it doesn't require a base or top coat for nice results. It's also very chip resistant.

Again, it's become a staple in my fall/winter nail color wardrobe. LOVE IT!

on 3/27/2011 4:06:00 PM

Gorgeous! Sexy and slightly goth without at all being juvenile or tacky. I'm 43 and this color feels edgy and fun by never conspicuous or ridiculous. I personally draw the line at blue, green or anything further than that from a variant of your classic red or pink, but that's just me.

on 1/29/2011 3:40:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I debated getting this color for a long time, and finally when CVS put it on sale for 75% off I gave in (yeah *that* was a real struggle). But the reason why I hadn't bought it before was because I have a lot of purple polishes and I was naturally worried I'd have a dupe. Thankfully I didn't, and though I have strayed from my purple polish love in recent months this has rekindled the romance. It's so... pretty. It looks like purple velvet. It's just so rich looking. It's not a creme, but it's not super-shimmery. Pretty, but understated and chic. Bonus? It's a one-coater. The downside (and the reason for only 4 lippies) is that it took forever to dry. This has been my experience w/ the other Diamond Strength polishes I've tried, so I wasn't very surprised. Even with Seche Vite applied directly on top of it, it took 4+ hours to completely dried, which sucked.

on 11/5/2010 6:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

I would only buy this again for the color. It is a gorgeous deep plum with the tiniest hint of sparkle. I absolutely love this color for the fall/winter. I found that it chipped a lot, even after I would apply a base and top coat. The brush is very skimpy so it doesn't hold a lot of polish making it difficult and frustrating to apply. Had the brush and polish formula been the same as the Sally Hansen Complete Manicure , it wouldve gotten a 5 rating.

on 10/25/2010 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

This is SUCH a pretty dark purple color! I applied two coats over a rubberized base coat, then finished with a top coat. Dries pretty fast. Even after doing some heavy-duty cleaning and scrubbing around the house, I only had to touch up the very tips of my index fingers once in a whole week. The polish would have lasted longer but my nails were growing and the color discrepancy at the nail bed was too much. I'm a nail painting newbie, but this was easy to apply and held up much better than other polishes I've tried recently.