Lavanila Vanilla Passion Fruit

4.5

on 3/25/2015 12:15:00 PM

I had heard of this product before and have always been intrigued by the fact that it was a "healthy perfume" and of late, I have become totally disenchanted with a lot of what I have been buying for years. I have gradually made the switch to all natural skincare and now it is time for changing perfumes.

I saw the Lavanila Vanilla Passionfruit perfume at Winners (like TJ Maxx I think) and it was half the regular price and thought I would try it: after reading many reviews, it seemed like a can't miss, though I am usually not a huge vanilla fan. For $25, I figured why not and rushed back to buy it.

I love the packaging and as I said, the fact that it is good for you and not full of crap. I opened it right after I left the store and was surprised by how dominant the musk was, though I know that many people like it. I sprayed a bit on my wrists and my initial reaction was that I mostly liked it and needed to get used to it. I later saw a friend who did not like it but then again, she is not a fragrance person, so nuts to her LOL.

I am going to wear it sparingly because it is quite potent and maybe I will layer it with Eau de Paradis which still love, and I know is discontinued. I am very keen to try the deodorant from this company too.

Final words: I am still not decided; I cannot say that I love it yet, but perhaps I will. The naturalness of it really does make me want to.

on 1/30/2013 4:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

The best perfume line eve

on 1/18/2013 12:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This has been my daily go-to fragrance for two years now, and I anticipate that it will continue to be so for the foreseeable future. I almost don't want to review it because I don't want it to become too popular and common, (hehe). First of all, a quality vanilla scent has almost universal appeal (especially for men, woot!) Note I said quality, this does not have the cheapo musty or sugary sweet smell that some other vanilla fail fragrances have. It is subtle yet you can easily name it as vanilla. As the name suggests, it also is a bit fruity; I honestly have never smelled a real passion fruit so I can't compare it to the real thing but it smells a bit like peaches and pears. Again, not teeny bopper sweet, as it is balanced with the sandalwood perfectly. This fragrance is perfection and I hope it makes it into their permanent collection. Lasts about 2 hours before it gradually and inevitably fades. Highly recommended.

on 1/4/2013 6:46:00 PM

It is not very often, even being the perfume lover I am, that I come across a fragrance I absolutely must have. I've had one or two fragrances where that has been the case (Chanel No. 5 Eau Premiere is one of these, along with Tiffany), and now I must add a third to that list. This luscious, warm-yet-light vanilla is accented with passion fruit and peach. The fruit is the most noticeable element in this fragrance, unlike some of the other scents in the line that have a more equal footing with the vanilla. The peach is a lovely addition to this, which tones down the passion fruit, so as not to be overwhelmingly sweet or fruity. The peach and vanilla surface on the dry down for me, and the passion fruit fades into the cast and its rightful supporting role. The warmth in this scent comes from the sandalwood, which isn't overpowering, but supports the vanilla in such a lovely way. Be sure and try this even if you aren't a sandalwood fan. This scent is pure, not laced with chemical or artificial notes unlike those of more expensive and more well-known luxury names. But I adore this. I plan on getting the largest bottle with the body butter, and am so very pleased I've found my scent for now..

on 4/5/2012 8:15:00 PM

Oddly enough, I get nothing fruity or tropical in this. Soooo disappointed. All I've smelled is a musky, drugstore vanilla. Tenacious stufff too. Still hanging on, ten hours later, even after I tried to scrub it off. My six year old said I smelled really good though.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I just bought 5 of the Lavanila perfumes. Not the big bottles, I'm not make of money...I got the 4 mini bottles and also got a rollerball of this one. I sampled them all at sephora, on the tester strips, and after smelling this one I grabbed a box. I could not believe how intensly I was drawn to this scent.

I am not very good at discribing perfumes, but I will try.

This has just the right amount of fruity-ness with out giving my nose a zing. I had a passion fruit vine in my yard for years and this hits the fragrance dead on, with a slight peachy feel as well. There are definit vanilla tones, but every time I sniff it I have to ask myself what is that lovely smell? Then I remember what Im wearing and I can clearly smell the vanilla, not a cookie, or the fake candle smell. Its just lovely vanilla with a fruity floral helper. Again, not your usual fruity, or floral for that matter, but a beautiful blend that makes my skin smell wonderful!

This may just be my HG. To bad its limited edition. I'll be stocking up soon.

Some others have said the bottles are a bit boring. I think that the packaging is wonderfuly simplistic. This perfume doesnt need an over the top bottle. Other perfumes come in ornate bottles because they have to make up for the less than satisfactory liquid they hold. I like they clean lines and un-cluttered design.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

i stay away from all perfumes because of the toxicity, and am trusting that lavanila is more natural. The smell is not overwhelming, & i'm absolutely in love with it. Best out of all the other scents IMO.

on 1/15/2011 10:44:00 PM

Can I tell you how happy I am that I found this product? It just smells so GOOD! I like that it has healthier ingredients, I love traditional fragrances too, but as I have gotten a bit older I have grown EXTREMELY sensitive to most synthetic fragrances. This is one of the very few delicious smelling fragrances that I can wear without a throbbing headache & sneezefest. I like a sweeter scent, it is sweet, but I don't find it cloying in the way other vanilla/fruit based scents can be. It is soft and sexy, and somehow refreshing @ the same time. To the reviewers who felt it smelled like cheap body spray: It could just not agree with your body chemistry. There have been perfumes that I LOVED on other people, but when I tried to wear them, smelled like RAID! lol I know it's limited edition, but I hope that changes. I think I am gonna try the coconut one from Lavanila next:)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is very much like Hanae Mori Butterfly with the delightfully happy juices of passion fruit, guava, and peach. The gorgeous Lavanila vanilla accentuates and softens the succulent fruit, making the beautiful blend soft, elegant, and decadent. I adore this line and this awesome uplifting scent is just fantastic! This is currently a limited edition and I'm hopeful this will be a regular perfume in the Lavanila lineup.

on 12/9/2010 1:14:00 PM

I have to agree, this is just lovely for those days that you feel like wearing something sweet and a little fruity. It's my favorite of the line and actually my favorite of that category of fragances. I find that it lasts quite well and I don't feel like it's too strong for those around me. I would highly recommend it..if you like Butterfly, Champagne Sugar or even Betsy Johnson-type..it's kinder and gentler. It is a little pricey though.

Popular Fragrances