Bobbi Brown Caviar Ink

4.5

on 5/8/2015 11:07:00 PM

If u want a change from the usual black, switch to caviar. Its a dark expresso that goes well with most smokey eyes. Its also natural enough for day wear as the color is not too severe and harsh. Recommend for outdoor events/ summer weddings. Long staying power and the brown is so natural looking. The texture glides on smooth, no tugging, pulling. Get this as an alternative to kohl black.

on 3/15/2015 9:54:00 AM

This is one of those products that I can't imagine not having in my beauty arsenal. I resisted buying it for a long time, because I had several other gel eyeliners, including black, brown and grey. I really liked the BB gel formula and decided to give this one a try.

I'm on the pale side (MAC NW15 with blue eyes), and black liner can wash me out. Sometimes I want something a little more dramatic than brown. What I love is that it's not quite black and not quite brown--it's a soft blackish brown. I can wear it with any color combination and it adds just that little extra *wow* to my look. This works for the office (with a thin brush and tight line) or for a night out (with a thicker line for a little drama). Once it's on and sets for a few seconds, it doesn't budge. Seriously, this will wear all day long without fading or smudging.

I really like the formula too--I've had this pot for about 2 years, and while it's not as hygienic as a pencil, it's still going strong with no odors or changes in consistency. It hasn't dried out (I do store it upside down after reading some comments here).

This is a keeper! I find myself reaching for this at least twice a week.

on 10/23/2013 4:39:00 PM

Finally got my hands on this because I was being cheap and didn't want to fork over money to pay the full price of $23. Honestly, it isn't worth the money. Gel liners are very easy to use; goes on smooth and acurrate. But they dry up. I read a lot of reviews before I made the move from liquid to gel eyeliner. Gel eyeliners will last for a long time, I still have my first one from 2 years ago (thinking about throwing it out incase of germs and such since you can't sanitize gel). But ALL gel eyeliners will dry up.

Outside of that, i love this color. A soft black and def less intense than the black liners on the market.

on 6/8/2013 9:58:00 PM

This gel liner offers the exact brownish black color that I was looking for! I used to have to mix Clinique's true black and deep brown to get this look, and I am so glad that I found this based on the reviews here! It also goes on so smoothly, compared to the cream liner from Clinique, which is also smooth, but I feel for this BB gel liner, a little is enough to do the work. I am very happy with it!

Update: I have to say with mixed feeing that, although the color is pretty, this gel almost completely dries out before I used 1/3 of the pot...I tried different methods to revive it and it doesn't work...I hope they made it to last longer.

on 2/28/2013 11:39:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Where do I begin... I heard so many good raves about this gel liner and since I had a Sephora gift card, I figure I would splurge on this bestseller item. First off, I have oily lids and I don't prime my lids unless I am wearing eyeshadow. Normally, I am an eyeliner gal and maybe some mascara. I chose caviar ink because I didn't want a stark black color but instead, I wanted a softer and muted black. This color does deliver that. I can wear this during the day and the color is great. Not too bold at all. The texture is very smooth and creamy. I use my small eyeliner brush with a flat top and it applies effortlessly. I usually like to tightline too. Well, here is where my troubles began. I put this on at 7am and by noon, I could see smudges near the corner of my eyes. Not a good look. Also, I find that the gel liner will begin to smudge off on my lashes which then smudges onto my bottom lashes. Overall, I have smudges everywhere. Not like raccoon eyes but it is noticeable. Also, color has faded some as well. Not too thrilled or impressed. My pot did not dry up like some other reviewers mentioned. But I have been capping it tightly and storing it into the original box. I love the texture but despise the performance. It's not cheap either. I think I'm going back to my liquid liners. Perhaps if you don't have oily lids, this may work. Overall, I will save this for special nights.

on 9/22/2012 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I purchased BB's gel liner in Chocolate Shimmer in Dubai two months ago and I still love the smoothness and ease of application. I was sold on Stila's bronze eye pot but the chocolate shimmer really makes my brown eyes stand out. I have never felt sexier in an eyeliner. If you are hesitant to spend the extra money like I was, I can tell you that I have no regrets and will do it again and again.

on 9/22/2012 10:11:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I love this eyeliner. The color is so versatile. It's dark enough for dramatic looks. However, since it's not quite black, it's not as harsh as black liner. That makes it great for daytime and work looks.

I have hooded eyes and the wear-time is pretty good. It doesn't transfer very much. Overall, this is a good product and one I use often.

on 8/7/2012 5:25:00 PM

This is my favorite eye liner ever. I've been using it for 5 plus years. With the right brush, it goes on smooth over any deep pigmented shadow or crayon. I've used it for dramatic looks, day wear and special FX for Halloween and other costume parties. Lasts a very long time. A MUST HAVE!

on 7/7/2012 10:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Caviar Ink is color perfection. I have used MAC fluidline in blacktrack and rich ground for quite some time and while I adore rich ground, blacktrack was just not doing it for me. I have dark brown hair and green hazel eyes and it always seems so harsh and evener harsher after I apply mascara. I apply blacktrack right on the lashline and then apply rich ground a bit thicker to bring out the green in my hazel eyes. I tried Mac Dipdown but it was way to brown and didn't suit my complexion. I have a warmer complexion and caviar ink is just what I need to look natural and it is the exact shade of my lashes. It makes my lashes look much thicker without it being super noticeable (like blacktrack). Another product I wished I would of tried sooner.

on 6/17/2012 10:06:00 PM

This gel liner is the perfect black liner. It goes on smoothly, is a muted black that looks like a perfect extension of ones eye line and makes your eyes pop no matter what color they are. I would have always gone for the shiny liners in the past, never a more muted black like this one but it is just exactly what I want for a nice, everyday black liner. Big thumbs up from me!