OPI Brand new skates

4.4

on 9/25/2014 4:00:00 PM

OMG! I have been looking for this color and finally ordered it on Amazon. Why did OPI discontinue this one?? I have over 300 nail colors tons of grey and silver this one is by far my favorite! A true silver gray with no blue undertones. Has green and multi color sparkles in it. Yes, it needs about 3 to 4 coats to get to the true color but so what it is beautiful. Since it has been discontinued I'am going to order another backup from Amazon. In love with this color!!!!!!

on 3/21/2013 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Love it. It's dark. Mysterious and sexy.

on 2/10/2013 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Yes I love the colour but this polish is so super thin and runny it really does take 3 to 4 coats to get full opacity. On top of this because it is so runny, it is extremely hard to control so it slips down into the cuticles when painting. No repurchase from me I'm afraid.

on 10/29/2012 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

This awesome medium grey shade is definitely in my top 3 of favourite shades. I'm usually not a huge fan of sparkle polishes because they feel gritty on and are a pain in the butt to take off. But this OPI one if fabulous! My nails feel smooth after it dries and the sparkle is fine, not big glitter chunks. I love layering this over other polishes as well. To wear on its own you need three coats but they dry quickly (probably due to the glitter in it). I probably use this one the most out of my *gulp* 50 or so polishes. Definite repurchase!

on 11/20/2011 6:06:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This is a nice change from the usual polishes out this time of year, as my toes are currently sporting Brand New Skates. It takes 3 good coats to get the color that it's in the bottle, but this is a lovely gunmetal gray with some fine shimmer to it that doesn't scream disco ball. A very classy shade indeed!

on 5/14/2011 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Brand new Skates is a gorgeous shade is one of my top shades during the fall/winter months. If you're looking for an incredibly unique charcoal/grey color, this fits the bill perfectly!

For me, this applied like a dream, wears well and just looks stunning. It's a medium grey, but what really makes this polish shine is that it's infused with very fine gold micro-glitter, making it eye catching without being tacky or "blingy". Definitely a huge hit for me! continued >>

on 4/17/2011 4:08:00 AM

For some reason, this is my go-to winter polish when I can't decide what else to put on my nails. It has a nice depth of sparkle that just makes me happy without being super-in-your-face holiday glitter.

on 2/21/2011 9:31:00 AM

What a gorgeous, unique color! This is a deep gray/blue/purple with iridescent shimmer. It goes on sheer but is very buildable, and the sparkles don't overwhelm at all.

One might shy away from a nail polish with "grey" in the descriptor, but really, this polish is better described as the color of the night sky just before the sun begins to rise. It's truly evocative!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

The more I look at this beautiful gunmetal shimmer, the more complex it gets. I bought it for the gold microshimmer, but am now noticing green and red and maybe some other colors under certain lighting. This polish is a stunner. I just wish it were a bit more opaque; I need three to four coats to achieve the bottle color and opacity.

on 1/8/2011 10:54:00 PM

Great color, not too dark, doesn't come across as goth, and the glitter isn't overpowering :)

Top Rated OPI Products