Kiss Me Heroine Make Long & Curl Mascara Super Waterproof Black

Filtered by skin tone : Medium

4.5

on 5/22/2015 3:40:00 AM

This mascara is my HG.
I've finished 4 tubes of it and gone through the pink (previous) and black packaging.
Holds my straight asian lashes after i've curled it, for the whole day.
I live in a year-round humid country (Singapore), this mascara doesn't budge, holds a curl and most importantly, does what it states in the packaging and with astonishingly good results at that.
If you're looking for volume, look for its counterpart; the volume & curl version, it is AS good and does what it claims.
But cons: Needs an oil-based remover and you cannot layer this mascara or it'll clump.

Tip: But I've tried layering these 2 together before- apply the volume version first and while it is still wet, apply the lengthening one, it'll blend together like a dream.

on 4/19/2015 6:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This review is for Heroine Make Long & Curl Super Waterproof mascara
For the first time in my life, I found a masacara that can hold my eyelash. This thing is the shiz.

My profile:
Oily lids, Sensitive eye, Long, sparse, straight down asian eyelashes.
I've tried loreal, maybelline, guerlain, kevin aucoin, clinique mascaras, none works. They all either feels heavy (makes me sleepy), melt after a couple hours, leaving me with raccoon eyes and broken fibres everywhere.

So usually, when I put on any mascara right after curling, my eyelash drops into straight line within 3 minutes. Then I had to wait till it dries up, re-curl them again, and generally end up with a semi destroyed spidery eyelash. hence why I haven't bothered with mascara for a very long time.

Well, not until a week ago when I pick up Heroine Make Long & Curl mascara.
Paired with Panasonic heated eyelash curler ( Panasonic EH-2331PP), this mascara made me stare at my eyelash all day long (I seriously never seen anything that successfully curls & hold my eyelash before).

Pros:
- Dries quickly
- Lightweight
- Waterproof and oil proof (no pandas)
- Holds your curl all day long
- The brush is smaller than western mascaras (my eyes are small & narrow)
- Doesn't clump
- Doesn't break
- Doesn't irritate my eyes
- Cheap. $12 AUD at Rakuten. Heck any drugstore mascara is at least $19 in Australia

Cons:
- Nada, its perfect

I'm able to remove it easily with Neutrogena oil free eye makeup remove & cotton pads (the oily type).
Soak the cotton pad with a little bit of the eye remover, pinch (don't pull!) for about 20-30 seconds, then release. I massaged my eyelash veeery gently with the pad to remove remaining mascara.
I'm going to get Heroine make's mascara remover though, hopefully it'll make removing even easier.

Tips for buying:
get it from Rakuten global, they are generally around $11-12 AUD. Choose sellers that will do SAL / small packet service, EMS services are rather expensive.
Or get it from sasa, but they charge about $15 plus shipping.

on 2/1/2015 10:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I've long been a fan of Maybelline's Full 'n Soft Mascara. In fact, It's the only mascara I used (I've bought 4-5 tubes, waterproof & regular combined) before I discovered Heroine Make. With the Full 'n Soft, I liked the results I got from the regular, but the waterproof was lacking compared to the regular formula. BUUT, that meant that I would have to look at the weather to determine if I should wear regular/waterproof mascara. Either way, it ends up smudged on my under-eye area. (Not saying that Heroine Make doesn't smudge--it does)

For $14 a tube on eBay (2x the price of Maybelline), I was hesitant to try the cult favorite, especially since it's for length (I have super long eyelashes, so I usually gravitate volumizing mascaras). But in Tokyo, where I'm living now, it's a much more reasonable 1,000. Still more expensive than the Maybelline & other mascaras, but OH SO WORTH IT!! The before/after difference is incredible & what I LOVE LOVE LOVE is its ABILITY TO HOLD MY EYELASH CURL. The application is also super easy with the curved brush, which only select mascaras have.

The ONLY COMPLAINT I have is it's slight stubbornness. I use DHC's cleansing oil (basically olive oil) to remove my make-up and it'll come off, but it is necessary to patiently scrub for a bit longer than I otherwise would.

Overall amazing product I can see myself buying over a lifetime. You'll never go back to that Maybelline sh*t ever again. The difference is so big you wouldn't believe it. There's definitely room for improvement, but this is as close to mascara perfection as you'll get.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

My lashes typically droop as soon as I apply mascara and as such, this has become my favourite mascara as it manages to hold a curl on them throughout the entire day. It adds a lot of length to lashes and is also incredibly waterproof. However, due to its waterproof-ness, it requires an oil based remover to remove which some might find annoying. I did feel that just as I was going to throw it out it stared smudging a little on the lower lash line later on in the day. It is very much a lengthening and curling mascara (hence its name) so users expecting volume should probably look elsewhere.

Pros:
-Holds a Curl
-Waterproof
-Lasts through the day

Cons:
-Requires oil based remover
-Can smudge as it gets older
-Strictly curling and lengthening

on 8/7/2014 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

I've been using this mascara off and on for a couple of months now. I love it's staying power. I have watery eyes due to allergies and oily lids so I'm always looking for a waterproof mascara that will last. This one definitely lasted all day with no running or smudging. I also got the Heroine mascara remover so it was easy to remove at the end if the day. I did find that it made my lashes stiff but my biggest problem was the color. While it looks really black on the brush I found that it appears a little grayish on my lashes. For that reason I wouldn't repurchase.

on 8/3/2014 10:06:00 PM

I would rebuy this product if it was cheaper. I got the version where they had the combo mascara and remover.

It was great for my Asian eyelashes, it made them super long, almost giving that false lashes look. The issue is that it had no volume, so even though they were long, they weren't thick. So I would have to use it with a volumising mascara along with it, I had to curl my lashes beforehand, it really keeps the curl.

My second issue with this mascara is that it was almost impossible to remove without the remover. Its a plus and a negative, making it super waterproof and budgeproof but at the end of the day it would take me an extra time just to remove my mascara. But I have to admit the remover is absolutely magical.

So yes, I would only recommend this product if you bought the remover with it, but other than that if you want length only than go for it.

on 7/9/2014 2:02:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

It's my first time to try this brand and I must say I'm pretty satisfied with this product. It does help in separating my lashes and makes it very long. Nice formula, does not smear and dries quickly.

on 6/22/2014 5:31:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Mascara and I have a very casual relationship. I always get seduced by its cute packaging and convincing label, we go out a couple times and have an amazing time and, sooner or later, it totally screws me over and I'm left looking like a fool with clumpy lashes and raccoon eyes thinking, "where did it all go wrong?!".

This is why I don't use mascara all that often. It always looks so unnatural and tacky on me. Not so with Long and Curl!

I have Asian lashes that can hold an amazing curl for all of five minutes, after which they magically revert to their stick-straight, natural form. Long and Curl can give me this almost insane curl. I have pretty big eyes to begin with, so Long and Curl gives me ridiculously amazing eyes that pop. I can skip eyeliner with this on, it's that good.

I only need two coats of this and I'll be set for the day. You need to apply them quickly, though. The mascara sets pretty fast. It's also really natural looking. I have never had clumpy lashes using this. Save for the ridiculous curling action, this mascara looks pretty natural.

One lippie off for being incredibly difficult to take off. (Although, if you look at it more positively, this mascara is incredibly long-lasting and doesn't budge).

on 4/12/2014 10:20:00 PM

This is the best mascara i've used so far. I've used many high end mascaras (Lancome, Smashbox etc) and nothing is better than this one! It doesn't make your lashes look too dramatic, they look long and natural! I put 2 coats and it everyone asks me what mascara i use!

Cons:
Not available in Canada, will need to purchase online.

on 3/29/2014 5:24:00 AM

Awesome product! I've been searching and searching for a mascara that I'll actually buy again and this is it!

Pros:
waterproof
Doesn't smudge
Doesn't clump
Doesn't run
After curling lashes and applying it STAYS
Able to see the effect v.well
Comes off easily

Cons:
Just a tad expensive
Doesn't add volume, need to use primer. There's the volume version though so no worries.

Overall great product definitely will buy again. Gonna stock up when there's discount.

Edit: my awesome friend gave me a tip regarding this mascara so I thought I should share it with everyone. Curl your lashes BeFore you apply this and the curl really stays true for least 12 hours (longest I've tried). I've tried curling it after but the effect isn't as nice.

Popular Mascaras