Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner

3.9

Cyclopentasiloxane, Ozokerite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polyethylene, Phenyl Trimethicone, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifera {Candelilla} Wax), Tocopherol, Sorbic Acid, BHT, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), MICA, Black 2 (CI 77266), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Carmine (CI 77470).

Finally! I finally found a pencil eyeliner that doesn't move a bit! After trying out a good amount of eyeliners for my bottom lid, this is by far the best. Now, it's not completely smudge-proof, as in if you rub your eye or something, it's going to come off. So just don't touch your face/eyes, it's bad for it anyways. I love the fact that this is the first eyeliner I have tried that doesn't collect in the corners of my eyes after an hour. The price is about $7 which is pretty good for what it does. My HG eyeliner, definitely. Loveee it.

on 8/7/2008 4:29:00 PM

This eyeliner has become one of my daily essentials. I use the black slightly smudged along my upper eyelid and the navy or purple to subtly outline the lower. It goes on very smoothly and, under normal circumstances, stays on all day. It's not completely immune to smudging or water, but for this price, the staying power can't be beat.

on 8/5/2008 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I wouldn't have even bought it if it were normally at the drugstore. Well, the eyeliner was good, nothing smashing, just a good, solid lasting eyeliner that can stay on all day. It's pretty waterproof too. I normally just use a line of brown eyeliner most days on my top lashline, and this is pretty functional for that. I'm just looking for something special, that all, so that why I wouldn't buy this again. Its good for people who want s a solid practical eyeliner that lasts though.

EDIT: I used this through my -whole- high school orientation day and it stayed on PERFECTLY.... even the eyeshadow on top stayed on it!it was like a miracle, it didn't take too too much effort to take off. I have found an HG eyeliner! ♥

on 8/3/2008 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have both the crayon eyeliner and the liquid eyeline for this Colorstay serie

I have the crayon in black and characho
I wish it can stay shape tho....otherwise, I think it's one of the best eyeliner
it doesn't stay too long on the eyeliner, but it works well for smokey eyes and natural looks

as for the liquid eyeliner, it's the best!
i have tried a several other eyeliners, but this is my favorite.
it goes on well, it stays on well and althought it's not waterproof, it's the best smudge proof i've tried

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

this is a really good eyeliner. it stays on a long time. it doesn't smudge.

on 7/31/2008 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I think the black one is great in terms of color and lasting power (not along waterline though). However, it makes my eyes water/turn red, so I won't be using it. I wear contacts so that might be the problem. However, almay liners are better for my eyes.

on 7/29/2008 3:34:00 AM

Colorstay...not so much. I'm a big tester of eyeliners, constantly on the lookout for a non-liquid liner that really lives up to its claim of being waterproof or budge-proof. I have very oily eyelids and very deep-set eyes so most of my eyeliner ends up smudging all over my upper lid within a few hours of application, so I consider myself a good guinea pig for such claims. Colorstay doesn't even last ONE hour, and it's one of the worst ones out there, as it claims to be budge-proof but quality-wise, is equivalent to those 99-cent teen-brand pencils at ten times the price.

On the upside, it does conveniently twist up, and applies smoothly. But what's the point if it ends up smudged somewhere else after you put it on? The only thing that stays moderately well right now is Smashbox's Jet Set.

on 7/29/2008 12:55:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

HG! I love that its self sharpening. I have this in black and dark brown and use at least 3 days out of the week, yet it lasts me 3-4 months and it's only 7 USD. Anyway this is the ONLY drug store liner I can comfortably use on my waterline. All others make me tear up or are too hard and hurt or too soft and smudge on my oily lids. It has the perfect creamy yet stay put consistency. But since my lids are super oily, i like to put a bit of UDPP on them to prime, but I have yet to find a pencil liner (high end or low end) that stays put w/o priming and is gentle.

on 7/28/2008 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the best eyeliner I have tried (and I have tried tons!) For a while I really liked MAC Teddy, but I noticed it smeared and wiped off sometimes. So a friend reccommended this eyeliner, and I have it in almost every color (I usually use brown for day and black for nights out.) This stuff is pretty tough to get off and lasts through sweat, water, tears, etc. I use Neutrogena Eye Make-Up Remover pads and it seems to remove it pretty well. I still really like the sparkly brown effect of Teddy and another MAC eyeliner, Prunella, so sometimes I'll put on Revlon then layer a MAC eyeliner on top! I also love the packaging and the fact that it has a built in sharpener. The only complaint is that I find it runs out a little too quickly, but I also am almost never without eyeliner. Also, it's not that expensive so it's not a huge deal.

on 7/28/2008 7:12:00 PM

I love this eye liner, this is better than some department store brands. This stuff stays on all day until you take it off. I have lived in humid FL, and also Texas and this stuff stays put. Infact, sometimes when I take it off even using eye maker remover I have some difficulty removing all traces of it. This to me has much better staying power then the liquid color stay eye liner. Try this you wont be dissapointed, I have tried many, and I mean many eye liners and this one is THE best.