Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief

3.8

INGREDIENTS: water, cyclopentasiloxane, butylene glycol, glycerin, birch bark extract, lady's thistle extract, green tea leaf extract, saccharomyces lysate extract, sucrose, aloe barbadensis leaf water, trehalose, hydroxyethyl urea, sorbitol, oleth-10, tromethamine, caffeine, hydrogenated lecithin, hydrolyzed extensin, sodium hyaluronate, tocopheryl acetate, palmitoyl olgiopeptide, caprylyl glycol, dimethicone, glyceryl polymethacrylate, peg-8, ammonium acryloyldimethyltaurate/vp copolumer, magnesuim ascorbyl phosphate, carbomer, hexylene glycol, disodium edta, phenoxyethanol, red 4 (CI 14700), yellow 5 (CI 19140) [ILN33654].

on 6/2/2004 12:38:00 PM

So far I'm really liking this stuff. I have really oily skin & use it over my sunscreen, works great that way. It's got a really neat texture & does feel light & cool going on. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone with dry or even combo skin because it will accentuate any flakes. But for really oily gals, esp. in the summer this stuff rocks!

on 6/2/2004 12:06:00 AM

My combo skin absolutely loves this. It absorbs quickly and isn't greasy in the least bit. Light enough to wear under makeup during the day as well. No breakouts either. Lightly scented but not overpowering. Moisturizing enough that I can wear it at night.

on 5/30/2004 10:55:00 PM

I'm on my 4th tub of this stuff, not including all the GWP sizes I used up! This is the only moisutizer I've ever used that doesn't leave me feeling greasy. It's like adding water back into your skin. If skin is particularly dry, it may sting a bit upon application, but I find that to be the only (mild) side effect. I slather some on every time I wash my face. I'm acne prone and this has never broken me out. Love it!

on 5/29/2004 5:08:00 AM

This is my HG! I fell for the lovely pink liquid and it's so easy to blend on my face. It enhances my makeup as well. Smells heavenly too! Would definately repurchase it! My fave clinique product though I'm not a clinique-ish person!

on 5/28/2004 7:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

One of my favorite facial moisturizers... just a tiny dab is enough for my whole face, it is easy to apply, there is absolutely no greasy feel and it makes my face look and feel amazing. Oh, and no breakouts from it either! And although dipping my finger into the jar repeatedly may not be the most sanitary method for packaging, I like knowing I am going to use every last ounce of the product!!

on 5/21/2004 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Good product. Moisture enough during summer time, but in winter, I need to apply one more cream. And the feeling is so smoonth although it may be just temporary. When I used it for the first few uses, I really could feel sting a little bit. But then I got used to it and I'm really ok with it. This also doesn't cause me breakout and I'm acne-prone.

on 5/16/2004 5:40:00 PM

I like this much better than H20+ Face Oasis Treatment. It's not sticky and very light. I use it under the suncreen during summer time.

I went through two big jars of this moisturizer before realizing that this just wasn't working with my combination, acne-prone skin. Although it feels nice going on and moisturizes my dry patches really well, I never felt like this was sinking in at all. I always felt like there was an extra "layer" on my face, which isn't a comfortable feeling because I tend to get oily easily. This also "may" have contributed to the breakouts and slight redness/burning I experienced from time to time during the months that I used this. This isn't the cheapest stuff, but it lasts quite a while. Again, feels super cooling going on, but did not exactly agree with my skin type. I'd definitely say that everyone should give this a try though.

on 5/13/2004 12:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

My first review...hmm. I've never written one before, so keep that in mind.

I have naturally oily skin, but I'm currently on accutane, so I'm drier than I am oily, which is quite nice. I used this product before Accutane as well.

I'm reviewing the Men's version.
The packaging is pretty basic, gunmetal grey color.

What's inside though, is the best moisturizer I've ever tried.

It has a gel texture, no SPF. I prefer it this way, I think adding SPF would ruin the texture, and everything else. I prefer seperate sunscreen.
There is no scent, (I hate scented products) and doesn't sting upon application, which is why I love using this product right after I shave. Since I started accutane, I found I do need a little more around my mouth area, but otherwise it's great!
I wish it were a little cheaper, because it's probably one of the only products I buy regularly.

I would repurchase this over and over again.

on 4/25/2004 1:33:00 PM

It absorbed really quickly, but left my face feeling really tight. After weeks of use, it caused me breakouts and to be very dehydrated on the surface.

Popular Moisturizers