Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

3.8

TALC,MAGNESIUM STEARATE, POLYETHYLENE, PETROLATUM, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, METHYLPARABEN, COCOS NUCIFERA, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM, PROPYLPARABEN, PARFUM, ALOE BARBADENSIS, BHT, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LINALOOL, BUTYLPARABEN. [ /- MICA, CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77007].

on 7/27/2009 7:02:00 PM

this was a great buy for summer! i dont like wearing a lot of makeup in the summer, so to control my oil, this was perfect. it was light but still covered pretty good for a pressed powder. when i had sun burn, this definitely took away a good bit of the redness.however, the translucent shade made my skin look a little paler than usual, so it's not 100% translucent.

on 7/21/2009 6:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

LOVE it!!! It's summer, and I'm A LOT oilier than usual, so I thought that I'd need a blotting powder, since blotting sheets doesn't work well for me. I didn't want to spend too much on MAC since I'll only be needing it for the summer, so I hopped on to MUA and checked out the reviews, and decided to give this a try...I LOVE IT!! I'm an NC35/37, and I got this in Sandstorm, which is perfect!! I just started using this today, put it on at about 4:30 a.m. Around 10 a.m. (it says that it can last up to 5 hours), I went to the bathroom to check out my face, and it wasn't oily!!! Just a little shine, it's currently 3 p.m. right now, and my face still looks great!! with the little shine..that's fine, since that's how my face is in the cold seasons too..
Overall, I LOVE THIS!! I can't say it enough, it's sooooo cheap and effective. The packaging REALLY sucks though, you cannot have it in your purse at all (which is fine with me, because with the way things are going, I don't need any touch-ups during working hours). This is great..I'll most likely end up buying this product every summer..
~~~EDIT: 09/18/09~~~
I took a lippie off because it tends to look cakey at the end day, so now I actually apply it after moisturizing, before my foundation. And it works just as good.

on 7/20/2009 2:05:00 PM

I just loveeeee this product....!!...

on 7/11/2009 1:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am really surprised about this great ds find! I was looking for a nice, translucent powder and came home with Stay Matte in translucent. Previously I have used MAC mineralize skinfinish natural. This beats it hands down. Why? It's silky, not chalky, and really creamy. There is no caking. I apply with a big fluffy brush. Quite frankly I am unsure the MAC does anything at all. Perhaps smoke and mirrors? My nose gets oily a few hours after application of BeneFit's You Rebel Lite (or whatever I am wearing that day, usually a TM) and instead of looking glowy, I look more creamy, if that makes sense! Definitely a good use of $6. MACs for quadruple? Not so much. UPDATE! It was 92 degrees here today, and for some reason I used Bobbi Brown's moisturizing compact makeup, which tends to be greasy. I am not shiny! I love love love this. I can't bear to take a lippy off for the awful container! I use this at home and use another compact (if needed) when I am out...truthfully you may not need the one in your purse!

on 7/8/2009 10:11:00 PM

I really like this powder. It doesn't dry out my skin, and I only use it to set my foundation, not to absorb oil, because I don't have really oily skin. I don't need to retouch throughout the day. I use a liquid foundation, and without powder it tends to look very shiny, and when I use this one it takes away the shine without leaving my skin looking matte, so I'm really happy that I get a nice dewy effect.

on 7/7/2009 2:18:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a great, inexpensive pressed powder. I bought it in shade 001, transparent, which I thought would be, well, transparent, but it's actually a bit light for my skintone right now, though not enough for me to stop using it since it's very sheer, and I'm sure it will be perfect come winter. I apply it with a huge fluffy brush and I use it to set my liquid foundation. Like others have said, the packaging is awful. The lid doesn't even screw on; if I shake it hard enough upside down it will fall right off. It's not that huge of a deal to me because I keep mac blot powder in my purse for touchups rather than this, but I could see how it would be a huge downside for those who want to use this for touchups throughout the day. Also, it doesn't have a mirror. All in all though, a very good product for very little money!

on 7/1/2009 2:15:00 AM

Best drugstore powder you'll get for the price! Slightly large grained in terms of powder but I "stay matte" all day, even in the summer and during exercise! Definitely try it!

on 6/14/2009 1:36:00 PM

This product is the best pressed powder I have ever used, for the price (I bought this for under 4) it really does more than expected for cheap item of makeup. I put it over my foundation, and it makes it last so much longer, I want to say it doesn't 'cake' on, but unfortunately if you use a brush it more than likely will, I recommend using a sponge (which is not supplied) which gives a more even finish. This packaging is quite disappointing, but we can't expect everything, it would be great if it came with a sponge and mirror, very small and compact, so great to carry about and even put in a small handbag! Really can't complain with this product it leaves a very nice matte finish, no shine at all, comes in a variety of colours, I use transparent but you should be able to find the colour perfect for you.

on 6/14/2009 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is such an amazing powder. I have it in 006 Champagne, and I use it to set my foundation and just by itself. It soaks up all the oil and it's great to just put in your purse and add some if you look oily during the day. It's cheap and the packaging is handy, I just wish that it had a mirror or something. I have a powder puff in the packaging itself, which is very handy for on the go. At home I use a kabuki for it, and it workes great!

on 6/13/2009 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

very inexpensive and i really like this product. i have a very shiny/oily t-zone. after applying my foundation, i pat my face with a little bit of this powder, and my shine is gone for pretty much most of the day. anyone should definitely try it out-- even if the product ends up not working for you, you'll only spend about 4 bucks at the most (target). the only complaint is the packaging.. i wish it had a little powder pad or came in a better case. the product itself is wonderful though (:

Video Reviews & Tutorials