Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.8

AQUA / WATER CYCLOPENTASILOXANE GLYCERIN ISODODECANE ALCOHOL POLYGLYCERYL-4 ISOSTEARATE ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE HEXYL LAURATE DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE PHENOXYETHANOL ACETYLATED GLYCOL STEARATE MAGNESIUM SULFATE ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE TRISTEARIN CELLULOSE GUM NYLON-12 LIMONENE BENZYL SALICYLATE LINALOOL DIPHENYL DIMETHICONE ACRYLATES COPOLYMER PARFUM / FRAGRANCE DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE METHYLPARABEN BUTYLPARABEN BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE HEXYL CINNAMAL [ /- MAY CONTAIN CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 / IRON OXIDES CI 77007 / ULTRAMARINES MICA

This is a great foundation, which I wanted to love so badly....but it just doesn't work for me. First its high points: the color spectrum is beautiful and this is the first line in which I've ever found a perfect match. The pump bottle is practical, hygienic and pretty. But the LSF itself is a bit schizophrenic - it can't seem to decide if it wants to be silky or powdery. When it goes on, it feels light and airy and seems like it will stay that way, but then it transforms into a different finish which hangs onto every dry patch and settles into lines. If it would only stay dewy and moist on me, I would have happily stopped my search for the perfect foundation, but alas, this isn't it. (I should add that in addition to an actual color in the LSF (#2) that I was reviewing above, I also use the #0, a white shade. This I'd review in a different manner and I'd give it high marks. Because I only use a tiny dab of it as a color corrector for other too-dark foundations, the overall texture isn't an issue and it works great. It's awfully expensive just to use in this way though, and since I only use a tiny amount at a time, it'll probably go bad long before I have a chance to use it up. Wish other companies would make a product like this as well!)

on 1/18/2004 7:15:00 PM

I wanted to love this foundation. It is a wonderful textured,lightweight creamy liquid. It kind of sat on my rather large pores and didn't really "meld" into my skin the way I had hoped it would. For you gals with finer pores,it's great-but for me, just not a big winner.I have combo skin-in summer,oily and in winter dry-always with that T zone thing going on!Color I got was #3 which is very nice, though a bit yellow even for sallow old me!
Not bad, but not my HG at all.

Gorgeous, like liquid skin, this gives a beautiful, natural finish and blends like a dream. I use #6 in winter and 6.5 in summer and am just over the moon with it! Not over the moon with the price though which is almost $80AU!

on 1/17/2004 12:06:00 PM

I have this in #7 and absolutely love it! It is expensive but really works well. I have pretty good skin so I usually mix this with some lotion and put it on as a sheerer coverage and it looks so natural. Really evens out my skin tone without looking cakey. Definitely would recommend!

on 1/17/2004 1:26:00 AM

I have been using this foundation for almost a year now and have about 1/4 left...for a while there I was using this foundation every day, 1 pump covers the entire face so this foundation has lasted a long time.

The finish is incredibly natural, ppl don't even think I am wearing make up! I love this foundation and have already repurchased another!

on 1/15/2004 1:44:00 AM

Ack! finally figured out what was breaking me out bad! This stuff breaks me out everytime I use it and I haven't changed anything else in my routine. I only loved the dewy look for a minute so I quickly returned this. It's pretty, has good coverage, moisturizing and luminious but not worth the money. La Mer and Laura Mercier is much better! IMO

on 1/10/2004 8:58:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love this foundation. It is light and blends smoothly onto my face. I don't even feel like I am wearing any foundation! It is non-greasy and I find that at the end of the day my face does not need blotting as much as it does with other products I have used. Additionally I find that one small pump of liquid allows enough coverage for my entire face. The only drawback is the pump dispenser.

My skin type; Dry.

Pros;
Very nice, natural looking coverage, that comes in a pump dispenser. 1 ounce/30ml.

Cons;
Fragranced, with an opaque bottle, which makes it impossible to tell how much product remains.

It didn't blend well on my dry skin. If my skin wasn't very balanced, it would emphasize my dry areas. However, on the areas with minimal or no dryness, (or on the days my skin cooperated) this product looked amazing. I really loved it.

I don't think I would purchase this again, I have a full bottle, and at the rate I use it, it will last forever.

Price is a bit high, but would only be worth it if I didn't have to worry about "blendability".

on 1/9/2004 2:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I used to use Armani Luminous Silk Foundation in Shade #6. Btw, I am a Stila D/E. Upon application, this foundation was silky and smooth. It felt very nice on. But, after a few hours, I was an oil slick! Yuck! :P This is not the best choice for oily skinned gals like me(they didn't have Matte Silk when I first bought this). The good thing is that it didn;t break me out and I have vvery acne prone skin. But, the color was "off". I had a slightly greyish/ashy cast on my face. So, I swapped my $48 bottle of LSF away.

on 1/9/2004 8:59:00 AM

I have mild rosacea. I tried #05 at GA counter. Result: Flaky, flaky & flaky. I didn't even notice the flakes before i tried the product. The foundation made them very obvious. My face was just horrible after I put the foundation on. If you have dry flaky skin, save your money and buy a more moisturizing foundation elsewhere!

Video Reviews & Tutorials