Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief

3.8

INGREDIENTS: water, cyclopentasiloxane, butylene glycol, glycerin, birch bark extract, lady's thistle extract, green tea leaf extract, saccharomyces lysate extract, sucrose, aloe barbadensis leaf water, trehalose, hydroxyethyl urea, sorbitol, oleth-10, tromethamine, caffeine, hydrogenated lecithin, hydrolyzed extensin, sodium hyaluronate, tocopheryl acetate, palmitoyl olgiopeptide, caprylyl glycol, dimethicone, glyceryl polymethacrylate, peg-8, ammonium acryloyldimethyltaurate/vp copolumer, magnesuim ascorbyl phosphate, carbomer, hexylene glycol, disodium edta, phenoxyethanol, red 4 (CI 14700), yellow 5 (CI 19140) [ILN33654].

on 11/21/2004 11:02:00 AM

I felt that this did absolutely nothing for my skin - it just goes in and disappears. Also, it is expensive and is delivered in an open top jar rather than a pump dispenser which would be more hygienic.

on 11/8/2004 1:43:00 PM

I first tried this as a sample I received months ago and absolutely fell in love with it! I have extremely sensitive skin and deal with some dry patches on my face at times. This has worked wonders for me. I have recommended it to my mother, best friends, coworkers and anyone else that is looking for a light-weight, clean-smelling moisturizer. I have the bigger jar, but I keep a little sample size one in my purse at all times. Definitely worth the money, although I think more people would purchase it if it were to go down in price just a bit.

on 11/7/2004 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I bought this because I thought I liked the tiny samples I'd tried from the free gifts. I forked over the hefty price. The name is very misleading-- if you have dry skin, look elsewhere. My skin still feels tight after a liberal application, and wallet feels much lighter for it.

on 11/5/2004 2:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

...HOLY GRAIL ITEM FOR ME...

I ♥ LOVE ♥ this product.... it's definitely HG status for me. The best thing about it is that it's good for all skin types and isn't greasy. My skin is kind of strange: acne prone and oily, but very sensitive and my nose, chin & cheeks get flaky & peely sometimes. Moisture Surge Extra to the rescue! I love the gel formulation, and the jar packaging doesn't bother me because I always use a Q-Tip to get just a small amount out of the jar. That's because I usually use too much product & I have to make sure not to use this up too fast because it's on the expensive side. But for those of you who think the jar is unsanitary, you can purchase 1oz tubes on Ebay or just buy the Men's version that comes in a tube and is the exact same formulation. Actually, it's not too expensive if you purchase it on Ebay, but most of the time you can only get a bunch of small jars in a lot (not really full-size jars). Anyway, I love this product and usually mix it with MAC Select Cover-Up to make my own tinted moisterizer. The best way to try this product would be to get it as a GWP or buy a sample on Ebay.

[sometimes blotchy combination acne prone skin, large pores on nose, fair-skinned (NC20-25) with pink undertones, freckled] continued >>

on 11/2/2004 8:12:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

A holy grail moisturiser for me, ever since the original formula first came out. I've tried similar products (such as Lancome's Hydra Intense Masque) but I keep coming back to this.

Non-oily (a real plus on my oily skin living in tropical north Australia) and instantly hydrating - I'm hooked for life.

on 10/19/2004 5:30:00 PM

This is a non-product to me. Does absolutely nothing for my skin.
If you like a serum or a gel under your moisturizer I can reccomend Aloe Vera gel which is dirt dirt dirt cheap and makes your skin incredible soft. I bought a pot (2 oz) for 6 euro. I wear it under a moisturizer day and night for a few days now and I am stunned at the result. The softest skin ever and it makes my moisturizer perform better.

on 10/19/2004 9:11:00 AM

This is a very nice moisturizer so far. I find it to be moisturizing enough for my skin, makes my skin feel soft. Also, the ingredients are not high on the comedogenic list. Packaging could be different, hate to keep dipping my fingers in the jar. Also, the price is rediculous. That's why it got 4 lippies instead of 5.

I guess I will choose this category to do my review since everyone has made four or five entries for this one product. This is a wonderful, oil-free moisturizer. I don't know why it doesn't have better ratings. I also don't understand why people are saying it leaves a film. Oh, well. Everyone is different. Anyway, this moisturizes very well for an oil-free gel. You will love the way it feels on your skin (I have always been very greasy). You also can use it as a five-minute moisture mask, but I haven't tried that yet. The only negative of this is that it comes in a jar. It would be more sanitary in a pump or tube.

on 9/5/2004 9:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

My 2nd one! I like it for the summer or when I wanna feel cool because of the gel texture. Whenever I have super dry skin I tend to keep away from it because it does nothing! But I'm used to moisterizing my face with something and I like using this when my skin isn't too dry.

on 9/4/2004 10:31:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

This is one of the few moisturizers my skin seems to like. It hydrates pretty well for me. (Although, it does little for me in the colder winter months.) It never makes me feel or look oily and it has never casued me to break out. Because this is a bit pricey (it's one of my few splurges), I use it sparingly--I have found that a little really does go a long way. I will continue to re-purchase this product, but I will probably start purchasing the men's version, only because it comes in a tube instead of a jar and the ingredients appear to be the same. UPDATE: 07/2005 I stopped using this moisturizer earlier this year, as the silicones suddenly became too much for me and started clogging my pores a bit. I just seemed to become sensitive to silicones overnight! Now, if I need a moisturizer, I just use a little olive oil. The MSE is still a great product for those who are not sensitive to silicones (it is because of this I still rate the product a four), but I won't be using it again.

Popular Moisturizers