Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

3.8

INGREDIENTS: Water (Aqua Purificata) Purified, Dimethicone, Isododecane, Butylene Glycol, Bis-Peg-18 Methylether Dimethyl Silane, Glycerin, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Saccharomyces Lysate Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake, Caffeine, Trehalose, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Polysilicone-11, Silica, Propylene Glycol Dicaprate, Oleth-10, Laureth-23, Laureth-4, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/vp Copolymer, Carbomer, Tromethamine, Disodium-Edta, Phenoxyethanol, Yellow 5, Red 4, Yellow 6

I was recommended this gel version for my comb/oily skin. But, it did not work for me! My foundation did not look good over it and the gel over-dried my skin. Well, I actually tried the lotion version after that, and it has been my HG ever since!!! That one actually sinks in and gives the perfect amount of moisturizing for my mid 30's skin. Now my foundation looks amazing and I cannot see the fine lines. HA! And, there is no oil slick. (If you have extra oily skin, get blotting papers.) BTW, The beauty consultant took a double-take and close-up gasping, "You don't have one line or wrinkle!" Clinique is pricey, but it lasts and lasts. So, to all of you out there thinking that you need the gel version to help control oil, I recommend the lotion instead. I will not repurchase the gel version.

on 8/19/2009 12:39:00 AM

Skin Type: Sensitive, Yellow Undertone, Medium skin tone, Oily T-zone, breaks out a few times a month.

Pros: Causes no side effects
Cons: Does not moisturize

Final Verdict: During the winter months in northern canada, being Asian...my skin goes crazy and gets so dry that the cracks on the webs of my hands will bleed. And although my face skin doesn't bleed, it does get very dry and flaky but somehow my T-zone manages to stay oily, shiny, dry, and flaky all at the same time. I did not know this was even possible, however it does happen to my sensitive skin. I have been trying so many moisturizers and this "dramatically different moisturizing lotion" is not dramatically different to all the other bad moisturizers. It does not moisturize...period! Maybe if you have super oily skin, this will be good because it won't make your face too greasy and just a little tiny bit of moisture to keep you happy.

Suggestion: I LOVE Dr. Ci Labo Aqua Collagen Gel, but it is now discontinued and there is a new formula called Dr Ci Labo Aqua Collagen Gel Super Moisture. The new one is good but after a few months it caused 4 tiny little white bumps on and around my nose which was enough for me to stop using the product since I am very sensitive to any kind of skin imperfection. Recently I have been using Dr Ci Labo Hibiscus Enriched Aqua Collagen Gel and it is extremely good! Very moisturizing, brightens my face, and they use extremely good ingredients. I still do prefer the original Dr Ci Labo Aqua Collagen Gel but since it's no longer available, Hibiscus enriched is a very close second.

on 8/18/2009 10:38:00 PM

I love this product!! it's the only moisturizer that I found so far that doesn't make me break out! And it moisturizes my face well, it doesn't make my face feel tight at all after I finished applying it. It has a nice fresh scent to it although it says to be fragrance free. Moreover, you don't have to use a lot. I just use one pump for my whole face during summer and one and a half during winter.

I like the packaging. It comes in a bottle with a pump, which is convenient and clean. The only thing I don't like about the packaging is the fact that I can never finish one whole bottle, like there is always a little bit left in the bottom that I can't really reach just by pumping. But you can always open the bottle by untwisting the pump and try to reach what's left with something, I guess.

It is a bit expensive but it is totally worth the price. I'm at my second bottle and planning on rebuying it again.

UPDATE :

i'm at my third bottle and still as wonderful as when i first start using it. I think i found my HG moisturizer. =)

UPDATE #2 :

after going through so many of these bottles, I'm not sure if it's my skin that's changing with age or the weather with the change of the season, my skin feels tight after applying this and let it sink into my skin. It's great for summer humid hot days, but no so great during fall and winter where my skin. Still recommend it because it didn't break me out for years. Though now i'm looking for a more hydrating nourishing moisturizer for colder dryer months of the year.

on 8/16/2009 11:58:00 PM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

This is my go to light moisturizer in the summer since it gets hot and humid. It feels light weight, is non greasy/ oil-free, has an awesome pump dispenser, and it sinks right into my skin after applying it. It doesn't break me out which is also another plus. This moisturizer is not enough when winter comes (when the weather is drier). I don't think my face looks dramatically different from this gel; other than that it is a good summertime moisturizer that does not break me out. Will be repurchasing when I run out!!!

Edit: I love this moisturizer. I find that it is the only moisturizer that is good enough for me when my skin is sensitive. I've also continued to use it in the winter and I find that it is still good as a moisturizer as long as I have a serum underneath. I will always go back to this moisturizer if my skin is acting up because it is gentle enough to use and it will not break me out.

on 8/16/2009 1:30:00 AM

This aggravated the hell out of my rosacea prone skin. It dehydrated my skin and ended up giving me a rash on my neck that looked like a 2nd degree burn that peeled.

I cannot figure out which ingredient is the culprit. The caffeine? Maybe?

All I know is that this product is great for some but terrible for me.

on 8/15/2009 10:24:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is my go-to moisturizer for those days/nights when I'm not using a specialized moisturizer. (Such as my SPF moisturizer or my retinol night cream.)

It has no sunscreen or treatment ingredients. It is just a straightforward, non-greasy moisturizer.

I like it much better than the Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion. The lotion formula caused an acne breakout, but the gel formula didn't.

The gel (which actually feels like a watery lotion) sinks right into my skin and moisturizes very well. It gets rid of tightness or flakiness without feeling heavy.

Like I said, it's not my main moisturizer but I like to keep it around for those days when I need something simple to hydrate my skin.

on 8/14/2009 4:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE IT! If you have super super dry skin, this is not the product for you. But if you have like one spot of dry skin just use a different moisturizer for that one spot. But this is really good if you skin is not too dry but its oily. It gives you a pretty shine, not a sick greasy look :)
So I put this all over my face after I shower then I put a different lotion on the dry spot on my skin and its perfect!

on 8/13/2009 4:29:00 AM

This is a very basic moisturizer that is adequate for summer (June - early Sept). It keeps my skin soft and moisturized but never oily. Hence, it's perfect to wear under sunscreen and under makeup.

on 8/12/2009 12:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I have naturally oily skin, but for some reason I have the Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion. I don't think the Gel was out at the time when I bought my first bottle of lotion, but regardless, the Lotion is a little heavy for me. It makes my skin feel glossy and shiny. Not a good look for the naturally oily..

I received a sample size of this Gel after purchasing a few products from Clinique. I loved it so much that I rationed the poor little guy out to try to make it last longer! Love it under makeup, as it doesn't make me look greasy. It's so refreshing and light on my skin.

As soon as I run out of the Lotion (cannot justify wasting it and am using it as an intensive moisturizer and at night) then I'll be buying the full size Gel.

Honestly, I cannot begin to express how good this made my skin feel. I love it, and it is defiantly my HG moisturizer. Would consider the Derma White Brightening Gel, because I have patchy South Asian skin in places, but the price tag is hefty in comparison.

Good:
Excellent consistency, clean feeling, melts into the skin.
Has no heavy smell, just smells fresh.
Love the pump bottle. Nice and hygienic and pumps out the right amount for me to use. (Based on experience with Lotion version)
Doesn't make oily skin oilier.
Lasts for a long, long time.

Bad:
Quite pricey at 27.00 for 125ml

on 8/12/2009 3:22:00 AM

This is a great light-weight moisturizer for all you combination-oily skin girls! I've been through a couple of bottles of this stuff and I really love it. It's light-weight but it still does a great job moisturizing my dry skin, while balancing out my oily t-zone. The scent is minimal, but is still quite pleasant and adds to the light-weightedness of this product. I usually try to hit the CCO 's for a better deal, this stuff isn't really cheap but not ridiculously expensive at the same time.Definitely recommend it!

Popular Moisturizers