Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.8

AQUA / WATER CYCLOPENTASILOXANE GLYCERIN ISODODECANE ALCOHOL POLYGLYCERYL-4 ISOSTEARATE ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE HEXYL LAURATE DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE PHENOXYETHANOL ACETYLATED GLYCOL STEARATE MAGNESIUM SULFATE ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE TRISTEARIN CELLULOSE GUM NYLON-12 LIMONENE BENZYL SALICYLATE LINALOOL DIPHENYL DIMETHICONE ACRYLATES COPOLYMER PARFUM / FRAGRANCE DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE METHYLPARABEN BUTYLPARABEN BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE HEXYL CINNAMAL [ /- MAY CONTAIN CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 / IRON OXIDES CI 77007 / ULTRAMARINES MICA

on 6/14/2004 10:35:00 PM

Well, I LIKE the pump design - I get the perfect amount of foundation out of a single pump. Now I'm on roaccutane, and have quite dry skin, and have been VERY scared of using foundations because of this. However, I can use this one everyday over a light moisturiser, and my skin is really liking it. It's really soft and smooth! The only reason I didn't give it 5 lippies was the price - AUD$80, which is REALLY steep, but this stuff rocks. And I love the fact that, when used with a brush, I look radiant, with great skin, but don't look like I have makeup on. I guess the shade is just matched really well! (NC20 = #4 for me)

on 6/7/2004 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have been using MAC foundation ever and this is the first time I tried GA mainly because of so many reviews had said it is very good. I brought #5 and it lives up to my expectation, although not exceedingly. I think this foundation has very good coverage and somehow it turns kinda powderly looking after it settles, so I don't need to put much poweder afterwards. However, it still feels kinda oily towards the end of the day.

on 6/2/2004 3:34:00 PM

I've always believed that drugstore makeup works just as well as department store makeup. Why pay more if I can look just as good with drugstore brands? But this is one of the few exceptions that I make. This is one of the best foundations I have tried in a long time. Makes my skin look beautiful even after I passed out with my face down in the carpet one drunken night.

on 5/18/2004 10:11:00 AM

I received a sample of this liquid foundation in Dallas. I'd call it an average foundation. The coverage was light to medium, and it looked divine once it applied but it only lasted a few hours, even with a primer underneath and powder on top.

on 4/30/2004 4:01:00 AM

I tried it after recommendation from a friend. I have to say that I have a combo skin and this might not be the best one to suit me. Anyway, I gave it a try and the colors are nice, but I was so stupid to buy the color the MA recommended me... Way too dark!! I'm a NC20 and I got number 5. That made me hate this as soon as I tried it again at home. Lately I found that it looks nice if I use the Blanc from Chanel all over the face before the foundation.

I need a retouch with a Chanel blot paper, but apart from this, it's one of the best foundations I've tried, if you find the right color!

on 4/24/2004 10:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

While this is not my HG (MK medium coverage foundation is), it is the best foundation for a luminous, sheerer nighttime look. It really is quite wonderful. It makes your face glow without making it look shiny or greasy. The coverage is pretty good and the color is great (yellow undertones)! The price is very expensive, one of the reasons why I use this only for special occasions.

on 4/20/2004 12:11:00 AM

It is long lasting and won't turn dull after 5 hours!! But I'm not sure if it cause me a little break out on the side of my front head or not. Cause my front head is very easy to break out.
Anyway, I will still use it up and see how it going, unless it break me out badly.

on 4/19/2004 6:30:00 PM

A couple of months back some fellow MUAers and I had a get together and one of the stores we went to was Saks, where we were offered assistance by a very nice young SA named Chris. He showed us these trays of Armani foundation samples and said "help yourselves," and then suggested color numbers (I was a "three or four," he said). So I grabbed the LSF in four, then the matte and the day sheer in the same numbers. Today, I finally got around to using the LSF and oh, my....where have you been all my life? Great coverage, great finish (stayed in place even on an unseasonable 80 degree day) and looked good even in the car! I'll have to save up my pennies for this one!

on 4/11/2004 2:04:00 PM

After seeing all the raves here I decided to give this a try where there's just a GA opens near my workplace. The coverage is medium and the finish is quite ur.. unique. Somewhat glowy, not shiny but didn't feel natural either. However it feels sticky / greasy, in the same time highlights dry patches. Too bad this is not for me. Another grip is although it seems hygienic in a pump bottle, this actually produce more wastage - 1 pump is not enough and 2 pumps is too much & couldn't get the last bit out of it.

on 4/9/2004 3:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Come on, if anyone says this product isn't great they are insane. I use 4.5 and love it. It is fairly light in coverage so if you are looking for heavy foundation this is not your best bet. Mix with a fluid sheer of your choice and you will look amazing!

Video Reviews & Tutorials