Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.8

AQUA / WATER CYCLOPENTASILOXANE GLYCERIN ISODODECANE ALCOHOL POLYGLYCERYL-4 ISOSTEARATE ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE HEXYL LAURATE DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE PHENOXYETHANOL ACETYLATED GLYCOL STEARATE MAGNESIUM SULFATE ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE TRISTEARIN CELLULOSE GUM NYLON-12 LIMONENE BENZYL SALICYLATE LINALOOL DIPHENYL DIMETHICONE ACRYLATES COPOLYMER PARFUM / FRAGRANCE DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE METHYLPARABEN BUTYLPARABEN BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE HEXYL CINNAMAL [ /- MAY CONTAIN CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 / IRON OXIDES CI 77007 / ULTRAMARINES MICA

on 9/6/2004 9:44:00 AM

This foundation has incredible texture; its almost like velvet and glides onto the skin. My skin does look 'luminous' and flawless after i use this even though the coverage is very light. The only problem is that as the day wears on, my combo skin becomes like an oil slick. Also, two days after wearing this, i began getting little bumps on my cheeks and along the jawline. So i guess, this is not for people with anything near oily skin. For reference, im a GGG and i wear # 8. My HG Diorskin Fluide remains unbeatable. :)

on 8/13/2004 2:32:00 AM

What a fabulous foundation! The finish is beautiful, a slight hint of shine & has a soft texture. Great color selection, I got LSK 05 but with my tan now, it's too light for me. I took out 1 lippy because of no SPF & the unfriendly but beautiful packaging. One pump & the bottle is soiled

on 7/28/2004 4:34:00 PM

I bought this in 5.5 a year ago, tried it a couple of times, and decided I couldn't wear it. After trying 10 other foundations, I decided the problem was I just wasn't used to foundation period. I tried the Armani again--in a very tiny dispensed dose--and I haven't turned back. I actually bought my second bottle, which is probably the best testimonial. P.S. I have been getting compliments of late, and I can't think of anything I've done differently besides get older and start using Armani LSF.

on 7/25/2004 7:51:00 AM

To me, this is probably the right foundation for summer. Recommended by a friend, she said MSF would provide a higher coverage and matte finish than LSF. Personally what I look for is a liquid fdt which could provides me with a sheer and natural finish with medium coverage. So, LSF is definitely the one! Despite the fact that I have combination skin and living in a humid area, this fdt doesn't bring me greasy or oily feeling and holds perfectly well for the entire day. i have slightly fair asian skin and the SA suggested me to use 5 if I'm looking for a more natural shade. unlike rmk liquid fdt, GA LSF doesn't break me out. This foundation also works well with concealer without making them to appear cakery or patches. Actually, the coverage is rather buildable which means you could simply adjust the amount based on your personal need. The only drawback of this fdt is the design of the bottle which always pumps more fdt than I need. Overall speaking, this is my HG foundation besides Chantecaille future skin which help to create a flawless face for me.

on 7/20/2004 11:34:00 AM

This is simply the best foundation I have tried and my list is endless. It is so easy to blend, and the colour is perfect (5.5) for my NC25/30 complexion. I love the fact that these foundations are yellow based as opposed to pink as they look so natural on. This has great staying power, I have a really oily chin and yet this covers really well, i just dab on MAC blot powder and its set for the day. A great find, a bit pricy but well worth it. Just gorgeous.

on 7/3/2004 2:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm so disappointed to have to say this... but... YUCK! I so badly wanted to love this stuff. Can we say... oily? Ick. After having it on for only a couple of hours, it was virtually melting off my face.I can't say I was all that thrilled with the texture or coverage, either. It reminded me a little MAC HyperReal in the way it went on streaky and clung to every little imperfection and seemed to highlight them all. Now, just to add insult to injury I have a huge pimple on my chin and several bumps on my nose... That I didn't have this morning! continued >>

on 6/28/2004 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is an amazing foundation, unless you have oily skin, which i do. The yellow-based undertones of the foundation are perfect and the finish is great, but only if you exfoliate. Best results are applied with a foundation brush. I don't like the pump much as sanitary as it is because it squirts out alot more than I need. At $50 a bottle, i end up wasting more than i end up using.

on 6/24/2004 12:58:00 PM

I like this product, and over the last month I've sampled many! I used to love the Calvin Klein foundation (now discontinued) so I was looking for something similar.. lightweight, oil free, luminous. This delivers well - nice application, good colour range, natural coverage of imperfections, BUT I agree with many that it can feel oily later in the day. Sample pot is generous, so definately worth a go! Rather have CK again though.

on 6/23/2004 5:31:00 AM

I love this foundation!! It gives the skin coverage without making your face look "made-up", in other words it looks natural. I like the dewy finish it leaves on the skin. It also has some yellow pigment in it which helps hide the redness in my skin. The packaging is also great because it comes in a pump bottle, which means nothing is wasted and less mess. Wouldn't recommend this for somone with oily skin though (better off to get his matte foundation), but if you have dry/ combination skin, I highly recommend it.

on 6/15/2004 12:31:00 AM

I find this foundation a little too thick. (I prefer really light foundation; I usually use MAC face and body foundation). It gets more dewy (or oily??) as it stays on your face longer. I have dry skin so I like the dewy look. However, I really do think it actually gets oily. For its price, I don't think it is worth it.

Video Reviews & Tutorials