Maybelline Great Lash Mascara

2.1

Price: $

Price: $

Water, Beeswax, Glyeryl Sterarate, Triethanolamine, Propylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Methylparaben, Quaternium-15, Simethicone, Quarternium-15, Butylparaben. May Contain: CI 77492, CI77499, 77491 / Iron Oxides CI77007 / Ultramarines, Mica, CI77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI77510 / Ferric Ferrocyanide, CI75470 / Carmine, CI77288 / Chromium Oxide Greens, CI77289 / Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI77742 / Manganese Violet. CI77742.

on 11/30/2014 5:56:00 AM

Why is this such a best seller? I didn't like it one bit. I tried it a few years ago and for some reason I bought it again now - same result. Not satisfied! I put it on one eye and put my previous mascara big eyes on the other to compare. The great lash was barely noticeable. As for washable - hmm nope it's a pain to get off, left me with huge panda eye. Don't bother even if it's cheap. I would return it if chemist warehouse had a decent returns policy but they don't

on 11/27/2014 1:52:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This mascara adds a bit of length but not much. It's also very odd to use because the brushes are so far apart. I feel like most my eyelashes are clumped together after using this which I do not like.
In my opinion it's the brush that ruins it, the formula is quite nice & very smooth so it does not clog but I think it's the brush that makes them clunk together

on 11/26/2014 12:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

My holy grail of mascara I'm actually a fan of all there mascaras it give me length and volume and very dark black eyelashes I think it's better then all the mascaras out there and very inexpensive

on 11/23/2014 4:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Been using this for years. Dries quickly, nice rich black and doesnt clump or dry out quickly. Good basic mascara and reasonably priced.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Yeah... I don't get why this mascara is even selling. The brush doesn't even touch my eyelashes, and they're quite lengthy and strong. Just meh... at least I got this on sale at Walmart for $2... no wonder they were so cheap. On the bright side, it's a great product if you want to get frustrated with mascara and ache your eyes while straining muscles from trying to apply it!

on 11/11/2014 4:24:00 PM

I bought this mascara because I was in a rush and it was the first "brown" mascara I spotted. It was nice for four dollars but I am going to be trying some other mascaras for sure. It was the first brown mascara I've tried, and I appreciate how natural that look was (I am the blondest person in the world) and will not be going back to black mascaras unless I am wearing a lot of eyeshadow and black liner. The mascara itself looked alright, it held a curl very nicely, added a bit of length and volume and definition. I had to put on 2-3 coats for my lashes to be coated entirely, and after that it begins to clump pretty badly. This is not a dramatic mascara by any means.
The main thing I hate about this mascara is how it feels on my lashes. It's pretty crunchy and I can definitely feel that I am wearing mascara for an hour or so after I put it on. Maybe you won't have this problem if you avoid wearing a lot of bottom-lash mascara like I do, but the feeling is really starting to annoy me.
As for the packaging, I appreciate that it isn't huge (I hate those huge tubes). The brush is literally the most generic brush it could possibly be, but it's very small so it doesn't cause me any pain and it's really easy to get to the roots of your lashes.
I would give this a 2.5 if I could. It looks fine and is easy to apply, but the irritating feeling and clumping issues make this an unpleasant mascara for everyday.

on 11/10/2014 3:09:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was pretty impressed with this mascara. I was always a eyeliner only type of person but then I wanted to start trying out mascaras. My aunt told me she used this and recommended it to me so I got it and I don't regret it at all. I love the way it left my lashes very natural and clump free. I got the waterproof version so it can hold my curl up longer and it does do the job very well very inexpensive you really can't go wrong with this mascara.

on 11/7/2014 5:46:00 PM

I have to admit I wasn't expecting much of this mascara when I bought it - partly because I had read so many mixed reviews and partly because it was super cheap.But I was pleasantly surprised!
It was easy to apply, didn't clump or smudge and although not waterproof, it did not leave me with racoon eyes on a rainy day.
It made my lashes look slightly longer but still very natural. I was dreading the wet formula but actually found it quite easy to work with and apply several layers.
Great bargain!

I have been using this for many years and nothing else works as well for me, and I have tried them all. Dior, Lancôme, MAC, etc etc. every time I try a HE or any other mascara it just doesn't work as well and I end up going back to old faithful.

See I have blonde lashes that are white./almost clear. So I need my mascara to thoroughly coat, and almost "dye" my lashes. I have a theory that I have seen other high-lippie reviews by blondes, so maybe that is who it works well for?

on 11/3/2014 12:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

the wand is too small, it's runny and smudges so much. it's just got no good points about it...apart from the price, no wonder it is so cheap!!! don't believe the hype

Popular Mascaras