BeneFit Cosmetics Some Kind-A Gorgeous

3.1

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have such a like/hate relationship with this product. Being one of the few higher-end impulse buys I've ever made, I almost feel like I'm just trying to convince myself it's a good product. My shade is in medium, which is a bit dark for me but is fine in the summer and also because the coverage is light. The texture of the product is definitely a cream that dries down into a powdery finish. When Benefit claims that this is a foundation faker, I think it's actually a fair claim. The semi-powdery finish does make it look like you're wearing some kind of perfecting product on your face but it feels and looks reasonably sheer. Oil control is not great at all but it feels weird to set this with powder because it already has a powdery finish.

Overall, I think this is something to put on your face when you want your skin tone to be evened out without a foundation. I somehow managed to hit pan on this product in a month by using the sponge included. If you want to save some product use your fingers to apply because the sponge just eats up the product. I wouldn't repurchase because at this price range you can buy great sheerer coverage face products that have better oil control. While I think it somewhat lived up to its claims, I would only consider this product if the price were brought down to $15-20 continued >>

This is not a good product. I don't know how people actually like this stuff. There is no shade selection at all, and the product itself is just terrible. It is very hard to actually distribute since it's a pressed cream foundation, with little blending ability. It is very thin and doesn't have great coverage- plus it just smells weird. and the worst part- IT STAINED MY FACE! It legitimately left a dark area where I used it as a tester, even after 5 days of scrubbing! Now I am stuck with a horrendous dark spot on my cheek, cursed by the "Some Kinda Gorgeous"'s poor performance. Do not waste your money on this.

on 3/18/2012 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I'm honestly surprised by all the bad reviews. I was at Sephora one day and like always, was stalking the Benefit section. After almost an hour of deliberating, I decided that the Some Kind-a-gorgeous deserved a place in my shopping bag. Not to mention it is PERFECT for spring, because it's a creme foundation with a lightweight feel, and I had wanted a creme foundation that was light enough for spring but would cover my discoloration. This is it. The shade medium is the absolute perfect color of my skin which is amazing considering there's only 3 shades available. I hate liquid foundations because they are too thick and powder foundations feel cakey on me. So creme was my last option. The packaging is absolutely adorable(again constant in Benefit products) and it comes with a lot of product so I think this will last me a while.I am still intrigued with the way this applies. When I put some on the tips of my finger, it's a creamy consistency but when I apply it on my face it goes on like powder. How cool is that? After testing out numerous ways of applying this my study concludes that indeed, the packaging on the bottom is correct, and applying with your fingers gives the best look. This doesn't rub off on my fingers when I touch my face-bad habit- so that's awesome. Overall, this is my go-to foundation for spring and I will absolutely repurchase.

on 3/5/2012 2:54:00 AM

I tried this as a sample and so far it is very good on my skin. It matches great even if they only have 4 shades I believe. It feels light and last all day. I just started using the product so I hope it works out for me. I am staying away from mineral make up as it made me break out with the worst acne ever

on 2/29/2012 11:58:00 PM

Cute packaging but horrible product. Only three shades and I feel I'm in the middle of the two lighter shades. Number 1 is too light and Number 2 looks orange on me. Not worth the money to buy two to mix them. Shows my dry patches and it can make me look greasy. Both aren't good. Went back to Sephora!

on 2/29/2012 11:33:00 PM

I was so excited to purchase and try this product! It seemed like the answer to all my problems...a one step foundation that was a "short cut to gorgeous" as the package describes.... This was a HORRIBLE product. I have a lot of redness and combination skin and this made my dry patches stand out and my oily areas appear greasy and slick.

It was pretty expensive and it made my skin look orange. It did not cover anything that I needed it to. I now use a maybelline foundation and than I put this on top...just so I can get RID of it and justify the expensive purchase. I used other benefit products and I found the only good thing about them is their appealing packaging...after that there are no "Benefits". I only like HIGH BEAM and the cheek stain.

DO NOT PURCHASE THIS PRODUCT IF YOU KNOW WHATS GOOD FOR YOUR SKIN AND WALLET!

on 2/29/2012 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Bought this product for light coverage and OMG it broke me out!!! I wish I hadn't purchased this but you live and you learn.

on 2/16/2012 3:44:00 PM

Smells funky like burning plastic or laboratory antiseptic. Gets all funked up with dust and lint.

Nice smooth finish. Cute packaging. Sheer coverage. Will continue to use but probably will not rebuy.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

First time I used it I fell in love right away. Perhaps it was more because of the package than the product itself. In general, I like it, but I have two concerns about it: the color stays on my clothes, and it kinds of highlights my lines under the eyes, especially.

on 1/31/2012 1:12:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

My skin gets really dry in the winter time, so I decided to try out a creme foundation. I got this foundation in medium. When I first applied it, It felt really smooth on my face, and it was moisturizing as well. It's super light weight, and I couldn't feel it on my skin. But as I applied this, it made my dry patches stand out and be more visible. This foundation doesn't really have a lot of staying power, so you have to use either a primer or set it with powder.

Popular Crème Foundations