Philosophy Amazing Grace cologne

3.7

on 4/19/2009 4:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

A screechy, harsh opening, extremely synthetic-smelling. The drydown is a warm musk/rose and very nice.

on 4/2/2009 2:56:00 PM

I know a lot of people describe this as having a fresh~clean scent, but for some reason it smells musky and gross and grandma~ish on me....I'm not sure why. blah. I really wanted to like it, but, I don't. I do love Philosophy Falling in Love though....although the scent doesn't seem to last on me...at all.

on 3/25/2009 9:16:00 PM

First off, I love Philosophy and saw that this perfume got SUCH great reviews both on this site and Sephora so I was excited to try it. I hate to go against the grain, but it smelled like something my Grandmother would wear (no offense Grandma). It was described as being a clean scent, but it didn't smell clean at all. I really really wanted to like it, but there would be no way I would ever purchase this perfume. I do however love Philosophy's Falling in Love.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

Uhhhh. This is a SUPERSTRONG musky smell that just clouds your sense of smell. It smells like an old lady and I am shocked that this is Philosophy's best selling fragrance.

on 3/18/2009 6:42:00 PM

I bought this for my 9 year old daughter Grace. I couldn't be at an event she was performing at one night, so I got her this so she could cover herself with "amazing-ness" before she went on. It worked - she was able to play that night. So, it's a lovely scent for an innocent little girl without being overly sweet. For her pushing 40 mother? No thanks.

on 3/15/2009 6:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure

This fragrance is nice. However, I had a bad experience when I smelled it on a smoker and I totally turned me off to it. Before that experience happened I always got compliments when I wore this fragrance. However this does not last long at all and layering it as suggested by the QVC gang does not help. Also a lot of people wear this and I like to be an individual with my fragrances.

on 2/22/2009 1:20:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

So this is what you wear if you want to smell like pears. Spray it and it is completely the smell of a can of pears. I like pears but for eating not smelling and I will pass on this one plus it is $$$$$$$ just way beyond!

on 2/21/2009 1:50:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

i've been wearing this scent everyday for 9 months now? i love it! it's a really nice floral scent that's light and fresh, unlike some scents that are really floral and strong smelling. :)

on 2/11/2009 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

I use this mostly everyday. I just recently purchased Philosophy's falling in love and have been alternating the two. Great product and I always get compliments on "my smell".

on 2/11/2009 5:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

Amazing Grace is lovely if you like clean, fresh, light, soapy scents. It has a light feminine musk scent w/ mild citrus base notes.
I have read reviews on The Q, Sephora and MUA that say the Spray Fragrance do not seem to have a good holding power. I would say the contrary, because the clothes in my laundry hamper and my coats always smell like a combo of Amazing or Pure Grace which are my signatures that I rotate as my mood dictates.
If you want to give it a try, check it out on QVC b/c of their return policy. For me, Philosophy did it right on Amazing Grace.

Popular Fragrances