MAC Satin Lipstick in Brave

4.1

on 6/18/2010 7:32:00 PM

I am not a huge fan of bright or dark colors, so when I went to MAC I explained this to them and they had me try a couple colors and I absolutely loved this one!!!! It is perfect for work and out of work!!!

on 6/6/2010 2:55:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

I have tan skin (NC42 ish) and very pigmented lips. On my skin tone and lip color, Brave is about as light of a pink as I can go without looking clowinsh, but for people with lips that aren't as deep as mine, this is probably the perfect mid-tone pink.
...
And now for the formula. I love MAC's satin finish lipsticks as they are pigmented, matte and long-wearing compared to glossy finishes. However, this one seemed less smooth than other MAC satins. I think this is because there is a very subtle pearl shimmer in this that makes it feel a bit chalky. This was an unnecessary ingredient in the product since it doesn't really show up as a shimmer, yet alters the texture.

Overall, good color payoff, but the texture feels chalkier than other MAC satins.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Cool toned mauve. This color on me has something bold yet nude to it. I enjoy it all the time.

on 5/11/2010 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

For reference I am NC25-30 with blond hair and blue eyes. MAC Brave didn't do anything to enhance my coloring, so I returned it.

For those looking for a matching l/l, the SA recommended I try MAC Whirl l/l which compliments this color nicely.

The texture was a bit drying, but I think it would be fine with a balm underneath.

A better match color in a similar range, would be MAC Cosmo for me.

on 5/10/2010 7:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love the color but it's a little bit drying...If your lips are in good conditions go get it but i don't suggest it if your lips are already dry.I wasn't sure at first because i was more into pink shades for my lips but now i wear more shades and i experiment more with my make up :)

on 4/26/2010 6:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I like the shade of Brave, but its not something I wear often because its quite dark on my lips.

Also, I'm kind of unsure of how I like the Satin finish of this lipstick. Its the only one I own, and I kind of like it for the reason that it has more of a classic look to it, but in return its drying and it makes all the lines in my lips way prominent.

on 4/18/2010 7:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I love this lipstick cause you can wear it day or night, and it's one of those perfect beigey pinks! I would buy it again!

on 4/12/2010 10:09:00 PM

It wasn't too bad overall. The color was a beigeish pink, unfortunately too beigeish for my liking.

on 4/3/2010 8:02:00 PM

This is my HG lipstick color. It's the color of my lips only more intense (I'm an N3 but I have darker rosy lips). It's perfect for the day and I like layering on a lighter colored lipgloss during the day, but it works for night too when I put on a darker lipgloss. The longest I've known this color to last was 3 hours--I had been at work for about 3 hours when I went to get a drink of coffee and there was lipstick on the cup after I drank it! I've never had a color last for that long. I'm always going to have this lipstick in my makeup kit.

on 3/22/2010 1:15:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This a great everyday color. This is pretty much the same color as my lips but more muted. It is drying though, but it has amazing staying power.

Popular Lipsticks