Laura Mercier Foundation Primer

2.9

Water, Tridecyl Neopentanoate, Stearic Acid, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Honey Extract, Allantoin, Kiwi Extract, Grape Extract, Aloe Extract, Thea Sinensis Extract, Lavender Extract, Orange Extract, Palmarosa Extract, Jasmine Extract, Rose Extract, Geranium Extract, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Glyceryl Stearate, Lanolin, Cetyl Alcohol, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Fd&C Red #40, Fd&C Yellow #5.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I'm surprised there's so many poor reviews here! I've been using this primer for 2 weeks and it's pretty much amazing. I have normal skin, no breakouts, not acne prone (just a few hormonal pimples once in a blue moon), so I'm not sensitive to any products. I wash my face, tone, put on eye cream and moisturizer, let it sink it - and then put a tiny bit of this on. I think the key is to use a very small amount. I let it sink in for a minute or so, then apply my NARS duo concelear and the NARS Sheer Glow Foundation. The foundation applies like a dream and looks so natural, like it's truly a part of my skin. It makes my foundation application so easy. I then set it with MUFE HD powder. I do end up reapplying MUFE powder once throughout the day on my t-zone, but other than that my make up looks fresh throughout the day. People have mentioned that this primer has a bad scent -- but maybe my sense of smell is non existent because I can't really smell anything wrong with it!

I'm really happy with this primer and I would definitely repurchase. I've heard really good things about the Smashbox primer, which I think I will sample when I'm done with my Laura Mercier tube.

on 1/31/2011 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This product is expensive and just did not work for me - what a disappointment after the salesperson at Sephora recommended it as the best. I have oily skin and it did not control the oil at all - I returned the product to the store and I'm sticking with Avon Magix.

on 1/23/2011 1:50:00 PM

When I try this product on my hands, my skin turn red and ache...I dare not put it on my face.

on 12/22/2010 8:25:00 PM

I got a sample of it. It broke me out like crazy, and I don't see the difference of using it or not, but it smelled pretty nice tho. Won't buy again for sure

on 12/20/2010 9:44:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I got this as part of a Sephora BI sample and I'm happy I tried it before I bought it.

I have dry, sensitive, mature skin with rosacea and I'm on the hunt for a great primer to use either on its own or under foundation. This is not the one.

When I squeezed it out of the tube, I was pleasantly surprized at how creamy it looked. However, as soon as I applied it, it felt as if my face just dried up. My skin instanly became uncomfortably dry and I had to rewash my face and start my skincare routine over, without this product (of course).

This might work in the summer but not for my dry, winter skin.

on 12/11/2010 7:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I generally find most foundation primers to be a waste of time, merely adding to layers of cream and make-up, and creating a clogging sensation. However, Laura Mercier’s primers are fantastic: they are light and they ensure make-up stays put all day. Her primers are also available in oil free and extra hydrating varieties, as well as in a version formulated for mineral foundation, with a liquid-to-powder formulation.

The hydrating primer is a particularly good product for me as I have dry skin, and use this instead of a moisturiser.

on 12/3/2010 12:49:00 AM

I am absolutely in love with this product. So light and smooth and makes your foundation go on so nicely! The packaging is adorable and the top stays very clean, something I always appreciate in a product that comes in a tube.

This can be worn alone or over moisturizer depending on your skin type. I have dry skin and like to put a light moisturizer on beforehand. Thsi product is also great if you have a small dry area after applying foundation that you want to smooth up!

It is pricey, but if used correctly you shouldn't need more than one per six months.

on 12/2/2010 1:32:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Why is it so hard to find a decent primer? I don't think my foundation stayed longer while using this primer- in fact, I don't know what it did. I couldn't wait to finish it so I could move on to another primer... I ended up buying Benefit's primer which is another (unhappy) story.

I have heard good things about their tinted moisturizer so I hoped that this will be good too. I am sorry that I wasted my money on this.

on 11/10/2010 9:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I'm very glad that I received this in a swap because I would have certainly been very angry to waste so much money on such a lousy product. It goes on very light, I'll give it that much, but the moment it dries my face is already shiny!! Then when I do my makeup the shine turns into a slick not long after application. I guess I can stand the smell, I change diapers all day and nothing smells as bad as my boys diapers =] I will certainly never pay money for this.

on 10/22/2010 4:06:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is the first foundation primer that I really love! It's just so lightweight! My foundation stays fresh with it!