OPI Samoan Sand

4.4

on 11/15/2009 6:04:00 PM

It's very flattering on my pale-but-decidedly-yellow-asian-skintone. It's definitely my nails or better for me. It is sheer, it shows the nail beneath but does not show the slightly yellow discoloration of my nail tips. Perfect with 2 coats, but with 3, it's yellow even for my aforementioned asian skin. No streaks, decent wear (doesn't really show when it chips anyway). I would buy this again, it's the perfect nude nail polish that I could wear for days without getting sick of it (I get sick of brighter colours easily- nudes, I don't even notice them.. hence they go unnoticed without me tiring of them).

on 11/4/2009 10:38:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

The more I used it, the less I like it. It is to yellow to me. My nails look like smoky stain. Not a good clean looking. For clean like your own nail but better looking, I will stick with Bobble Bath.

on 10/8/2009 6:00:00 PM

It took me a while to buy this, despite its many glowing reviews, because it looked so bland in the bottle. And it looked a bit whitish; as if it might go in that jarring dirty-snow color that just looks off on toes. But it doesn't, it comes out a beautiful basic nude that isn't pink or peach but just looks like clean, polished, well-buffed nails. I like it on both my hands and feet and while of course it isn't dramatic or vampy, it is very classic and versatile. It's become my travel polish of choice because it wears well and you can't really tell when it starts to chip or be outgrown.

on 9/30/2009 11:10:00 AM

Too yellow for my fair/pinkish skin. Much yellower than it looks in the bottle.

on 9/20/2009 7:50:00 PM

One of my favorite polishes. It's a nude that isn't totally sheer, and I second all the comments that this looks like your nails but better. It's a milky beige that I'd imagine looks good on a variety of skintones. And like all OPI polishes I've tried, this wears like iron, and doesn't chip or peel - I get about five days of wear with this.

on 9/7/2009 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

My favorite nude. Itís subtle without being boring; just clean and polished (no pun intended!) It took forever to find a beige shade that doesnít wash out my NC43 coloring, but after wearing this once I knew that it was HG material! It is a staple in my collection, and appropriate for any season.

on 8/27/2009 12:09:00 PM

This is my fav go-to nail colour for both fingers and toes. I am on my third bottle of this and I buy this shade for all my girlfriends so they can understand my love for it. It is difficult to find a nude for my NC45/C7 colouring, but this fits the bill. I don't match my mani and pedi so this shade off sets or enhances the alternative shade on the opposite extremity. When used on a pedi, my little piggies look fresh, clean and ready to go to the market in an opened toed sandal. I also love how this shade looks against red or maroon clothing; it looks modern and polished.

on 8/27/2009 11:55:00 AM

I have fair/light skin and this color on my is the perfect nude color that seemed to be so popular either last fall or the fall before that (i can't remember which). anyways.. this color it the perfecect shade to match my light skin and look like nude nails almost but still has enough pink to it to still look like im wearing polish. this was opaque in 2 coats. its not sheer so it looks great as a nude! if you have light skin with pink (instead of brown/tan) undertones.. this is the color for you if you're looking for that nude nail look.

on 7/21/2009 6:51:00 AM

I use this nail polish as my everyday natural look nail polish, as I don't like to be too bright or draw too much attention to my nails. Goes on a little streaky, but this isn't a problem at all as it dries streak free, making application a breeze for someone with a deft hand (like me!).
Only issue is it feel a bit thin and takes two coats to get the colour to show on my nails, but this sometimes comes as a bonus as just apply one coat gives my nails a really nice natural sheen to them, and a second coat brings out the colour.
I gave the price a three, because OPI polishes are rather expensive, but are well worth the price you pay.
Will surely buy again when I run out.

on 7/14/2009 9:46:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I really like this polish. It is a slight peachy but greyish toned nude. I use this on my toes as I prefer nude clean looking toes to garish brights that I save for my fingers. I'm fair and this looks like I have perfectly pedicured toes. However it does go on streaky upon first application but as soon as it dries it settles in and is not streaky at all. It is the best nude I've used and it is nicely opaque for a nude too.

Top Rated OPI Products