TiGi Bed Head Manipulator

Aqua (water/eau), Propylene Glycol, Ozokerite, PVP/VA Copolymer, Petralatum, Oleth-20, Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Oleth-3, Oleth-5, SEA-Oleth-3 Phosphate, DEA-Oleth-10 Phosphate, PEG-150 Pentaerythrityl, Tetrastearate, PEG-6, Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Parfum (Fragrance), Benzyl alcohol,Coumarin, Limonene, PEG-45M, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, CI 42090 (Blue 1), CI 19140 (Yellow 5), CI 15985 (Yellow 6).

on 7/7/2007 12:18:00 PM

First of all, the scent: oh, it's divine! A fruity coconut that lingers on after you've applied it to your hair. The product itself is sadly rather average, a very very sticky gunk that gives medium hold and some shine. It never quite dries so it does allow for restyling hours after you've first applied it. But I don't like the fact that it doesn't seem to give my short hair the hold I want. Some days, after using this, I end up looking like I have flat, dirty hair, and who'd want that? For an evening out when I want a messed up look that I can touch and restyle during the evening - this is perfect.

on 6/24/2007 6:53:00 PM

I have longer, very thick, wavyish hair. I love Manipulator. The smell is so yummy, I like that it lasts in my hair. I can use it in my wet hair and it gives me soft waves without frizz. If I use it in dry hair it tames any flyaways and gives me a nice piecy look. I keep trying other putty products but always come back to this one.

on 6/16/2007 1:34:00 PM

This was one of the first new wave putty-type products I used, way back in 2001 when spiky/messy styles were 'in' for guys. It promises a matte finish and hold, but delivers neither. Never has my hair looked so greasy as when I used this coconut-scented blue gunk. The single redeeming feature is that it does add a lot of volume. But for a piecey, textured look, a complete waste of money.

on 5/26/2007 11:59:00 AM

I had forgotten how much I loved Manipulator being that I just purchased a tub and it has brought back memories. I adore the smell-beacy, slightly fruity-amazing! It looks like a thick, smurfy blue pudding and it is a tad sticky but I love working with it. My hair is short, fine, messy, spikey styled and I simply rub this together in my hands and piece it throughout my hair when it is dry. It provides shine, volume and awesome style. You have to be a little careful with this goop when you are taking it out of the tub as it can be messy but the results are well worth it. A little does go along way. I really don't find alot of build-up and it washes easily out of my hair. You can even dampen you hair ever so slightly and re-style. While not "waterproof" it does hold a style in a variety of weather conditions. Great for women and men! Got2be Glued would be my second choice in the yellow stand up tube. Highly recommend!

on 4/18/2007 3:10:00 PM

I have short hair that I like to style in a spikey/piecey look. This product is fabulous for that. I can make it stand on end, if I want to...that's how strong it is. A little goes a long way. After my hair is dry, I rub some of this between my fingers, then grab random sections of hair and twist the hair so I have sort of chunky spikes. This stuff is fabulous. Doesn't weigh down my hair. I finish with some hairspray, and my hair is set all day. I can't really see this for someone with long hair, though. Definitely a short hair product.

on 4/4/2007 9:42:00 PM

I LOVE this stuff. I really love the scent, and it actually smells better when it's in your hair. I used it originally when I had short hair, and it was wonderful. Now my hair is longer, and I still like it. I put it kind of all-over and it leaves my ends a bit piecy, and it allows me to have volume. Even at the end of the day, I can still control my hair. I will probably buy this forever!

on 3/26/2007 9:04:00 PM

I love the smell of this product so much. It smells like the beach--like coconut and something sweet. For short, spikey hair it is a wonder. You can literally make your hair stand straight up. The texture of the product is super sticky and stringy like pulled taffy. A little goes a long way...so if you stick your finger into the jar too far, you're operating your own taffy factory. The only thing I don't like about it is that the product stays wet, so you don't want to put your head down on anything. The packaging is ok--who wouldn't want to buy electric blue hair gel? But the metal tin lid that screws on rusts after awhile because as other reviews have mentioned, the product lasts forever. Let's put it this way--I cut my hair G.I. Jane style, kept it short for months and months. Now my hair is all they way down to the middle of my butt and I still have most of my jar of manipulator left! Of course, I quit using it once my hair was bob-length...

on 1/22/2007 11:59:00 PM

Heh. This stuff is really good at adding definition and light hold to texturized hairstyles. If you have a "scene-kid" cut, you'll adore this stuff, and actually probably own it.

on 12/30/2006 3:05:00 PM

Manipulator is definately very useful :). It's not very strong, but makes styling easier.

on 9/20/2006 11:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is the best styling product I have found for my hair. I have fine hair, but lots of it, and it is the only thing I have found that doesn't make my hair look greasy or heavy. I LOVE the smell and it is easy to find. It is a little pricey but a little goes a long way so a tub lasts forever. I have been using this product for over 3 years and I will definitely keep on buying it!