Eucerin Original Healing Creme (Soothing Repair Creme)

4.4

Water, petrolatum, mineral oil, ceresin, lanolin alcohol, methylchloroisothiazolinone, methylisothiazolinone.

on 1/14/2009 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Pricey, but this is the only thing that will not cause my 1-year-old's skin to get irritated and even more dry. His pediatrician recommended this for his body lotion, to be used twice per day. My son has super sensitive skin and regular baby lotions caused his keratosis pilaris to get even worse. This creme (along with Dove Unscented Bar Soap) helps keep his skin smooth and way less iriritated. It is kind of greasy and it is super thick and sometimes hard to spread on the skin. Now there isn't much to be done for KP in babies, however this creme is wonderful to help keep the bumps to a bare minimum and he seems to be completely comfortable without any itchiness. It actually worked within a couple of days. Also the redness he used to have is completely gone. I have been battling with his skin since he was about 3 weeks old and Eucerin has been a godsend. I will repurchase!

on 12/29/2008 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have really really really dry skin, it is so bad, it constantly flakes especially during the winter time. I bought this cream because it is really thick. It worked ok on my skin, it didn't totally stop the flaking but it did make it die down a little. It's a bit on the expensive side almost $12 but I bought the Walmart version of it for about $4. It should be pretty good for people with dry skin but not excessive. But it did make me break out a bit on my chin which is odd since I usually never break out from products.

on 12/24/2008 7:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a bit hard to work through on skin as it is thick and takes a long time to sink in. But the wait time is worth it. My skin gets so dry during the winter and I need heavy balms to use after I take a shower to keep my skin from drying out and to keep my eczema from acting up. This is perfect. I can see a big jar lasting a long time because it is so concentrated and thick. Makes a good hand cream too.

on 12/8/2008 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This gives me murderous breakouts if I use it anywhere I'm acne-prone, but it does make a very nice body/hand lotion. I tried nearly a dozen lotions to see if any would keep my hands from chapping and bleeding during the winter, and Eurcerin's formulas were the only ones that worked. I tried all 4 of their lotion formulas, just to be scientific, and they all seem to work exactly equally well (aside from their aquaphor ointment, which does nothing for me).
This is one of their greasier-feeling formulas, but if you can get past that it works just as well as the others.

I was expecting something different than what I got when I purchased this cream. This is so hard it's like frozen butter, so it's really hard to get out and to spread around on your skin. I don't like how it doesn't really sink in too, it just sort of leaves you all greasy. I like Eucerin in general though, and this cream is good for a deep moisture foot cream or something. I can't imagine using this all over my body, and I won't be repurchasing.

on 8/17/2008 7:12:00 PM

I don't use this product, although I love Eucerin Everyday Protection Face Lotion SPF 30 for Sensitive Skin. Unfortunately, the "Original Creme" product was featured in a research study, and the research indicates some link between skin tumors and this particular formulation. The research indicates that sodium laurel sulphate or mineral oil could be the two problem ingredients. Please take this with a grain of salt, as the rats in the study already had been exposed to radiation (!), but I thought you guys would want to know. LINK: http://www.philly.com/inquirer/health_science/daily/20080815_Researchers_tie_skin_creams_to_cancer_in_mice.html

on 6/12/2008 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I'm not sure why but Eucerin seems to dry out my face. Odd, because it's a cream. I prefer Moisturel or Cetaphil Cream.

on 4/20/2008 10:39:00 AM

I'm not fond of Eucerin because it has a very thick consistency that makes it difficult to rub into the skin. Also if too much is used, the skin feels and appears greasy. BUT when my husband suddenly developed eczema last winter, this product was a lifesaver. I definitely recommend it for conditions such as eczema and for dry skin.

on 4/7/2008 9:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is awesome in the winter time......as things are warming up a bit I am finding this does not work as well. I am getting some zits. Also....it feels great when I put it on at night...but in the morning, my skin feels pretty dry and tight, AND my pores are clogged. I am going to give my face a rest and try something else for awhile....I am finding as I get older I need to do that now and again, which throws me off. :) I REALLY loved this when I started using it last fall (it is spring now) but my skin just isn't digging it anymore, and I feel like I look tired and dry. I'm trying the new Cetaphil Advance Ultra Hydrating.........

on 4/7/2008 6:42:00 PM

I have been using this for a week now and my skin got so much smoother. The thickness was surprising at first but soon melted away into my skin. It is slightly greasy but not enough to bother me since the "lighter" lotions I tried went on nice and hydrating but soon left my skin dry and crinkly again. I always love pumps too.