Maybelline Color Tattoo - Tough as Taupe

Ingredients.Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Ceresin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Caprylyl Methicone, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Alumina, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cyclomethicone, Propylene Carbonate, Candelilla Cera / Candelilla Wax / Cire De Candelilla, Caprylyl Glycol, C30-45 Alkyldimethylsilyl Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Silica, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Tin Oxide, Acrylates Copolymer, Paraffin. May Contain: Mica, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 77007 / Ultramarines, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake, CI 16035 / Red 40 Lake, CI 77000 / Aluminum Powder, CI 77510 / Ferric Ferrocyanide, CI 75470 / Carmine, CI 42090 / Blue 1 Lake, CI 77400 / Bronze Powder, CI 77288 / Chromium Oxide Greens, CI 77289 / Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI 77742 / Manganese Violet, CI 77400 / Copper Powder, CI 77163 / Bismuth Oxychloride, CI 77510 / Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide.. ...

on 4/28/2013 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

After reading all the rave reviews I had to give these a try. I purchased the taupe, gold, bronze and audacious asphalt. I have to say I was very disappointed. For me, they went on very chalky, almost impossible to blend and the colors especially the taupe (which I had high hopes for) gave a look of having a been punched. I tried using a different eye primer and washing my lid with another color first but to no avail. The bronze color I had the same issues with application and blending and couldn't get to work for me either. The asphalt color the same however, I did try using it with a liner brush for lining upper lash line and this worked pretty well, still a bit difficult to blend, but for lining I would use it. The packaging is fine and so is the price if it works for you. For me, I'm just glad my drugstore has a liberal return policy.

on 4/24/2013 11:15:00 AM

Perfect product! I'm 58 with a little crinkling on my upper lids. This matte cream goes on smooth as silk, blends well and stays on until you take it off! You can use your finger to blend it. It's my go-to product especially when in a hurry, and don't want to bother with eye shadow base and powders. LOVE IT!!

on 4/22/2013 2:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Love it - Kind of a slate or cement-like color. I added a black (MAC Carbon) to the outer V and a shimmery silvery shade inner corner, and it was an easy smokey eye got so many compliments

If it helps at all, I have a demonstration of how I apply it while I talk about how I like it (split-screen style) on Youtube. Search wjmalique and MAC Drugstore Haul :)

Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This wasn't taupe on me at all--more like a matte blue-gray. It applied really patchy and I couldn't get it to blend to save my life--it ended up flaking off like dry skin. I'll try it again with a primer under it, but this one's a fail.
I did buy this in Bad to the Bronze and the application is MUCH better, so maybe it's something to do with how matte this shade is.

on 4/14/2013 5:06:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Yes I love this!!!!!!! Its shows up gray-blue on me. Not taupe. So it was a surprise that its not tan. On olive asian skin, it is as close to a natural gray blue that is flattering. I have 3 of these tattoos, this is the only one I love! Its creamy and blends nicely! Beautiful look!

on 4/13/2013 10:30:00 PM

The product itself is really great... good consistency, easy to apply, and long lasting. I didn't like the color on me... it came off as more of a gray color than what I would consider taupe. If you're looking for a gray, then I would definitely recommend.

on 3/28/2013 9:09:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Surprisingly great drugstore product! These are very comparable to MACs paintpots. The only difference is that MACs blend a little better.
I only have the colour Tough as Taupe, but am planning on purchasing a brighter colour for summer.
I apply an eyeshadow primer underneath, because without it the product will crease...whereas the paintpots don't.
I like using Tough as Taupe all over the lid (I apply it with a synthetic shadow brush) then I apply MAC eyeshadows in Kid and Soft Brown into my crease. Then I apply MACs Dazzlelight into my innercorners and browbone. I have gotten lots of compliments on this look!

on 3/26/2013 11:57:00 AM

I'm super pale, and I'll be honest, this color, alone, on my eye, looks like someone punched me. A big bruised eye. BUT, I don't use it for the color, I use it as a base. I can load up any color on top of it (I love it under a shimmery pale pink), and my eyeshadow LASTS ALL DAY. It has lasted through swimming!! Go figure!
I have tried all of the primers. I loved Urban Decay, but this whips this primer 100%.

on 3/26/2013 11:34:00 AM

Yet another rave review for this product. I've used MAC Paint Pots and the MUFE Aqua Creams, while this particular Color Tattoo isn't as creamy as those other products, for the price point and the color payoff, you really can't go wrong.

This is a matte color, and on some skin tones I can see why some may not like the look of it. It can look a bit ashy and flat.

I don't have oily lids, so I can use this without a primer and it will stay on 13++ hours and still look as good as it did in the morning after application.

I use MUFE make up remover to get rid of it - soak a cotton pad and let it sit on your eyelid for a few seconds before gently wiping it off. This stuff doesn't wipe off easily!

Thank you to those of you who said it was a great eyebrow filler - you were right, I usually use powder but that comes off so easily . This is a perfect color and lasts ages.

Would I buy again? Absolutely. In fact, I think I need more colors now.

on 3/26/2013 7:47:00 AM

The product dries out so fast and it's hard to control how much you pick up and it applies patchy and creases even with primer on very oily eyelids. Wouldn't purchase again. The colour is nothing like how it looks in the glass on your skin.