Rimmel Lash Accelerator Mascara

3.7

Water (Aqua), Pentylene Glycol, PVP, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Panthenol, Methylparaben, Disodium EDTA, PPG 26 Buteth 26, PEG 40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Arginine, Caffeine, Lithium Magnesium Sodium Silicate, Apigenin, Myristoyl Pentapeptide 17, Biotin, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Oleanic Acid, Biotinoyl Tripeptide 1, Sodium Sulfate, Potassium Sorbate, Bambusa Arundinacea (Bamboo) Leaf Extract, Sodium Benzoate

on 2/11/2013 6:15:00 PM

My next favorite mascara (both high and low end, with my first being loreal's volume mascara). It initially has a runny watery formula, but after a few months it gets thicker, which by now I know that I am playing the devils advocate and with fire by keeping this in my bag. I swear my lashes are longer now due to its gentle formula that is easily washed off. Of course I keep away from this for big events or any events where sweating would necessitate a water proof free mascara. I loved this so much that I had kept mine for 2 years now and now that it's pretty much a goner...clumpy and the screw top broke, I just purchased the volume accelerator and I am hoping its just as good. Luckily I've had no adverse reaction from neither the formula or my prolonged usage.

on 1/28/2013 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like this one, even though I don't believe it actually made my lashes grow more volumous. But it did make my lashes stand out more, the color is very dark.

on 1/28/2013 5:35:00 AM

I bought this on sale, completely sucked in by the prospect of longer lashes. Even though I was skeptical about whether it would do anything, I couldn't resist giving it a go...$10AUD for longer lashes without doing anything outside my normal routine seemed pretty awesomet!

The only problem is that whatever is in this mascara, whether it's the growth accelerator or something else, really irritates my eyes. By the end of every day, my eyes were sore, scratchy and red. And if I had to take off my make up and reapply to go out after work, the sandy feeling just got worse. It looked like I had a really bad case of hayfever, and because I get quite bad hayfever, I thought for a few days it was just normal allergies, or the aircon at work. I didn't notice any change in my lashes, but I gave up after about a fortnight so that could be why.

The formula was also very wet and took ages to dry. My lashes aren't overly long, but I found the mascara transferred everywhere for about 20 minutes after. I thought it made my lashes look quite nice, and could be applied lightly or heavily which was good. But the discomfort, good price and mess just aren't enough for me to want to buy it again.

I don't understand why there are so many bad reviews for this mascara. I love this mascara. It really does make your lashes grow! I have asian lashes so they're pretty much nonexistent but thanks to this mascara, my lashes are visible now!

The Bad: Nothing unless $9.00 to $10.00 is not in your price range for drugstore products.

TheGood: This product delivers what the claims state. Prior to Christmas I bought another 'new product" which claimed to give you Millions of Lashes. I also bought it for my adult daughter.
I had to go purchase THIS brand yesterday because I was tired of hoping for a better result with my Christmas Mascara.

Rimmel does not clump and I am clump prone. My Lashes with this product have always appeared to be salon applied.
I dont know about you, but IF you are tired of your basket or drawer filled with mascara that doesnt deliever what it claims to go out and try this. It will not disappoint.
I have learned my lesson "the mascara isnt better with impressive TV adds"...I'll stick with what works.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

thought it was good. i have short eyelashes and i did see a difference of when i put the mascara on. i would purchase again, its around $10 CAN so its not that pricey. you might need to put a couple coats on and wiggle it up a little to see the length of your lashes, i would try it and see if u like it !

on 11/25/2012 9:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

My best friend purchased this product, and during a makeover she used it on me. I use this product all the time now! It's really amazing. It instantly lengthens your lashes, with only one coat/sweep. I usually put on 2-3 coats/sweeps, anymore and my lashes will look like falsies. This is my HG of mascara. I love it!

on 11/14/2012 1:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Great stuff for the price. I like the fact that I can apply more than 2 coats without it getting dry and flakey or clumpy. It's got a wonderful formula overall. My lashes look beautiful all day without any clumping, shedding, or running. Gives them amazing length and pretty decent volume. Will repurchase :)

on 11/13/2012 2:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral

This mascara is overpriced for the quality. The wand on it is just of average quality. Nothing amazing. The blackness of the formula doesnt impress me enough. The 2 pros of this mascara are that: 1. It is a wet formula 2. Holds curl well

on 10/26/2012 6:14:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

I have used this product for years, and i just love it. I can say i have seen major improvement in my lashes being fuller and longer. I have gone threw 4 of these, by far its my most favorite. its not to heavy and it still looks natural, just prefect, like this one more than the Revlon's one.

Popular Mascaras