Chanel Rouge Coco in Mademoiselle 05

4.3

on 9/19/2010 4:54:00 PM

I tried this at the chanel counter after reading reviews and seeing the lovely ad featuring the mademoiselle lippie. It is a nice brick pink on me, definitely noticeable but not too in your face. It goes well with my pale, warm coloring with dark hair and does not pull orange at all. Looks similar to the ad with Vanessa Paradis. I can see it as a nice night out color, an alternative to red, or a polished daytime look if you want a lip color that is more than MLBB but not super bright. It is quite perfumed so if you don't like that then Chanel lipsticks are a no for you. Very nice color!

on 9/17/2010 4:24:00 AM

I was at the Chanel counter exchanging nail polishes, and the nice french! SA suggested I try this color. I had seen the AD, but wasn't blown away, (and didn't know until tonight it was the same color)....but I tried it anyway, Under the store lights, on my cool complexion, and medium pigmented lips, it looked way too pink...at least out of my comfort level. I forgot about it and finished the transaction....On my way out of the store, I caught my reflection in the mirror under more natural light...no other makeup, hair pulled back in a pony, and this lippie, and I actually thought "very french girl" (I read too many fashion mags) When I got home, my SO, who's spent lots of time abroad, said the color was very European...so there you have it. It's pink,but not overly so. It doesn't turn orange or yellowish on me dispite the fact that I'd describe it as a muted rose pink. It works with my fair skin tone, goes on smoothly, and lasts a decent amount of time, It's non drying, and light-not waxy or sticky. Will pick one up on my next trip to the mall,.

on 9/12/2010 6:56:00 AM

The colour is very flattering for my NC35 skintone. Like a pinky brown. It is creamy and opaque. Glides on like a dream. My lips still feel soft and supple after use.

on 9/3/2010 10:39:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I fell for all the hype and great ads, but I do love having a luxurious lipstick (mostly I have Boots and MAC). The colour is quite pink on me (NC20) which I don't usually like, but I do get complements when wearing it (often teamed with a clear gloss) and it lasts very well on me. Recommended.

on 8/26/2010 9:58:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Everything is beautiful about this lipstick. The colour is nicely pigmented, stays true and the texture is good. This shade is v wearable and yet doesn't fall under your usual neutrals or brights. The casing is a conversation piece in its own right. Its sleek, feels great to hold, the design is luxurious and that signature unobtrusive 'click' is so chanel classy. I only wish the lipstick has a bit more staying power. Everything slips off after 2-3 hours... hmm.

on 8/25/2010 6:27:00 AM

I love the way this colour looks in the advert with Vanessa Paradis, sadly on me it looks totally different :-( I am fair with blue eyes and my lips are quite pink, on me this showed a lot of orange which surprised me, the assistant on the counter agreed. She said it can have a slight coral edge to it on a lot of people. I like the texture and if the shade works for you I'm sure this looks great, for me I will look for something else. To be honest I feel like there is a lot of hype surrounding the Rouge Coco range and the fact is that matte lipsticks can be very difficult to wear-the power of advertising lured me in!

on 8/24/2010 9:11:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I must admit I buy Mademoiselle because of the hype and the fact that its has the same name as one of my fav perfume.
Its suppose to be the unique color that will looks different on everyone, but really I think every (sheer) lipcolors works that way. No same shade lipstick will turns out the same on different people.
Well on me (medium warm asian) the color show up as dusty muted pink rose. Actually almost the same color as my natural lips, but deeper. Its not glossy, but not matte either. The texture is almost like a lipbalm. Very smooth, not drying and comfortable without that lipsticky feeling or strong scent.
It will rub off, but it will not fade out completely. At least not for a good couple of hours.
For me its a very natural color, but its not really a nude color also (nude will be more beige and this one got a bit more pink to it). You can pair it up with dark smoky eyes but it also can stand on its on with a simple more lighter make up.
Its not a very warm or bright color on me (no coral, I'm sick of coral) which I actually enjoy because it looks more polished without looking too made up. A good subtle sophisticated daytime color.
The packaging I adore. It is metal (not plastic like the Hydrabase line) Feels sturdy and solid. Very nice quality packaging I must say. And it looks just as great, simple but yet very chic.
I like Mademoiselle but I am not totally in love with it. I do love the texture and the whole experience of Coco Rouge. I say, go to the counter and check it out yourself and see if you really like the color. If you don't you can always try the other beautiful colors.

on 8/23/2010 8:31:00 PM

Love it... I was scared to try a red Lipstick as they are so vibrant and I dont like to draw attention. I bought a red one from MAC and gave it to my mum. It was SO red! I then saw the Chanel advertisment in which the model was wearing this lipstick and instantly feel in love. its so polished and classy and the staying power is great. For anyone looking for a subtle red this is your best bet!

on 8/21/2010 8:58:00 PM

I love this lipstick. It's a great color that pulls my look together for a very polished look. The formula is smooth & long lasting. It's very pigmented. Wears very well & stays on for hours without drying.

Yes I bought into the hype that because a lipstick costs $30 it must be super good. I also bought into the hype that this was the must have of the season...so I was anxious to try it. This is my first experience with Chanel lipstick. The color is nice but this formula dries my lips. So much so that after I have had it on for a few hours my lips start to chap and I can pick the dry parts that start the peel. THIS for $30 ? Please...I've had better results from a $5 Maybelline.

Popular Lipsticks