Dior Diorshow Extase Flash Plumping Mascara

3.8

Wow! I searched high and low for a brilliant mascara to use on my wedding day. I really do not want to wear false lashes as I am doing my own make up and I don't think my nerves will take it. I already have long lashes and so wanted something that will vamp them right up a la natural.

I am soooooo impressed with this mascara. It is gorgeous in every way.

on 8/31/2011 8:02:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

While most of my make-up is high-end but I use a 8 mascara after discovering it worked better than my YSL. I got EXTASE from a friend who used it once and hated the false-lash-effect it gives. I gave it a go and quite liked it. Not the easiest mascara but the effect can be spectacular. Gives volume and length but the first time I've used it it went a bit clumpy. I guess the wand is a bit awkward... With practice you'll get the best lashes of your life. Just give it time.

on 8/19/2011 5:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I soooo wanted to love this. Despite the "Flash Plumping" claim, it really only lengthens. Plus, it is so wet that it made my lashes stick together in spikes. I used this 5 times before giving up on it. I'm glad others have found that it works well for them, but it did not for me. Maybe I got a bum tube. Either way, I am not repurchasing.

I really wanted to like this because I love the packaging, but the wand is really weird and makes my lashes clumpy. It creates length, but not volume or definition.

on 8/7/2011 8:45:00 PM

I have only had it for about a week and I find the brush really weird to use, just can't get the hang of it. I do like it, however I don't love it. I'm hoping once I get used to the brush I will be able to get the best results (and monies worth) from it. I also noted the formula feels really liquidy; more so than anything else I have used before - so it takes ages to dry. I like the colour (very deep black), and it does lengthen my lashes - although there is so much clumping. I will update in a couple of weeks if there is improvement.
UPDATE: I do not like this mascara. No matter how I apply it to my lashes they will come out all stuck together in huge clumps (and I even tried scraping off ALL the product from the brush before applying). The only thing I liked was the packaging. Such poor results from such an expensive product... I DO NOT recommend buying this.

on 7/12/2011 3:40:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Being a Mascara fanatic, i have tried a variety of mascaras, Maybelline XXL, YSL, Perscriptives, Rimmel Falsies, Givenchy, Estee Lauder etc. etc. However i must say that I LOVE this mascara! If you want voluminous, long, and amazing eyelashes, you need this mascara! I've used a couple of different Dior mascaras in the past, and this one surpasses them all by far. This mascara also lasts a long time and doesn't dry out nor flake (which i found to be a problem with Diorshow Blackout). Another great thing about it is that you can layer it easily for an intense look. The only downside to this mascara might be that the applicator brush is a little on the big side; however, it works fine for me because i have big eyes :)

on 7/7/2011 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

HG Mascara right here. I love the original DiorShow, but this is just so much better. Its like the perfect mascara for length and volume. I purchased this in black, and while its not waterproof, it lasts all day without smudging or flaking. I have relatively full lashes that stick straight out and are kinda spread out. So when looking for a mascara I look for something that adds plenty of volume and holds curl well. This is perfect for that, I didn't even have to curl my lashes because when I apply, the brush curls my lashes :). However, be careful when applying because the brush picks up so much product and can make application messy. Earlier today I had DiorShow Extase on one eye and had the NARS SA in Barneys try out the NARS mascara on me and wow, what a difference, this mascara blows that one away! However, NARS isn't the only mascara, this basically defeats any mascara I've tried. I went from plain unnoticable lashes to "wow are those real?" :). WIll buy again and again.

on 6/29/2011 1:30:00 PM

This is my new favorite mascara alongside Estee Lauder Sumptuous mascara. I think I like this one better than the Lauder mascara because it goes on a bit thicker and gives my lashes a bit more of a full, dramatic look. I have naturally long lashes that have a decent curl to them, but I am fair and need mascara to give my eyes some depth and definition, and this mascara does the trick! It does not flake and does not run too easily (an issue I had with the Diorshow mascara when I go straight to yoga class after work). I don't like waterproof mascara because it tends to irritate my eyes, so it is important to me that my non-waterproof mascara has staying power and won't make me look like a total racoon with a little bit of moisture from tears or sweat.

on 6/22/2011 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

i bought this about five months ago, and its no were near drying out!
I payed about 38 bucks for it, and for a teenager thats not cheap!! I have it in the darkest black, and I canot recomend this more!! I LOVE it!
Im a fan of long/ SLIGHTLY clumpy lashes, and this gives me the best look! I always have people telling me that my eyes look beautiful ;) I put on 2 or 3 coats on every day. I know its alot, But i prefer the more dramatic look for my lashes. it does smell like beer to me, and thats a SLIGHT put off, But i love this mascara so much thats not going to stop me! if you dont mind the price, then id for sure buy! its one of my top 5 go to makeup items!

on 6/13/2011 2:13:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I have this in brown (LE for summer 2011), and I can't rave about it enough. I use just a little bit for everyday, but you can really really ramp it up for night. Defines really well, and lengthens+ volumizes really nicely, which it should for how expensive it is. Haven't had any problems with it moving/flaking or clumping, and was easy enough to put on bottom lashes; although my lashes got soooo long that it got on my brow bone (can't complain about that though!) Two thumbs up.

Popular Mascaras