E.L.F. Studio High Definition Powder

4.2

on 10/17/2013 7:45:00 PM

I don't get the hype with translucent "HD" powders. Yes this powder is finely milled and the quality looks great, but I'm an NW20 and this product leaves a pale, grayish cast on my face, no matter how little I use or how well I blend. I tried to use this as an under eye setting powder, but it made my eyes itch. I can't really comment on the oil control or staying power because I always had to top off my face with my normal loose powder just to warm up the cold look this product gave me. I give up on this powder, but I would love to try the "corrective yellow" shade, but it never seems to be in stock on ELF's website.

on 10/13/2013 12:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Tried using it as a setting powder, it does not prolong the wear of your foundation, it leaves a white very powdery look when applied, doesn't blur anything just looks like you have smothered yourself in talcum powder, thrown mine out, rendered useless. Good value if it works for you. Comes in sifter container with puff.

on 10/13/2013 12:34:00 AM

I hate the packaging. It's hard to use. the applicator it comes with sucks. I dump it upside down to get a little powder above the sifter then use a fluffy brush to apply it. I can't use this if I want to be in pictures because it looks white and uneven in pictures. I don't know why everyone loves this crap. I think it was $6 at target. I have a love hate relationship with elf products. most of them are crap you get what you pay for. I will try it again and see if I can use it with different foundation with better results.

on 10/11/2013 10:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I thought long and hard and read many reviews before buying this product. I have a love/hate relationship with ELF. I can't believe I waited so long to try this, its amazing. My first time using I only used it under my eyes has a setting powder. My pores looked so small and my skin was flawless. It lasted all day long and never faded or made my skin look cakey. Even with my stay matte powder over it. Great value for 6.00! Will buy again. Only downside is the packaging, if in a hurry it could get messy.

on 10/10/2013 9:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

It's a fine translucent powder that keeps me matte all day but the packaging is horrendous. It is too big and bulky and powder gets everywhere. It makes me not want to use it. I wish ELF would make this in a pressed form.

on 10/3/2013 11:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I really like this product. It adds a very subtle smooth look to my face once applied. My only gripe is the packaging. I think it's miserable! Not only is it very clunky whenever you open it the product falls all over the side of the container, and ends up all over. Granted it's clear, so it's not the end of the world, but it's frustrating. It annoys me enough that I often don't use it b/c I don't feel like cleaning up the mess and getting all the product off my hands. New packaging, and I would be using daily.

on 9/29/2013 10:21:00 PM

I adore this product for setting undereye concealer & to give my powder foundation a flawless finish & blur imperfections. I love this for under the eyes, it's very light & nicely brightens them up. I find any other powders to just cake up, which can lead to crepe like undereyes (not a good thing at age 22) ..... After I set my foundation with a powder, I lightly dust this all over the face, it literally makes your skin look airbrushed. I had a person approach me in the mall & ask what I was using as foundation- I credit this product 100% :) Elf has really impressed me, as well as other inexpensive brands. I haven't purchased a thing from MAC in months. I highly suggest this product. I haven't tried it as a setting powder on it's own, but I will in the future ( although I'm sure it's great for that purpose as well) a great find, & for $6.00 ($3.00 for me since I purchased it during a half sale) what a steal :)

on 9/26/2013 1:07:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Well the powder does the job for me. I set it after I put on a liquid foundation. It feels pretty good. However at the end of a long day at work, I am still a bit oily!!! :(
I do like that it's translucent and makes feels really soft.

on 9/18/2013 2:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

The first 2 I purchased I loved. I recommended it to friends and believed it was great quality. The last one I bought is almost chunky, which is weird to say about a powder. It's not smooth and does not melt into the skin like the others. Will not repurchase

on 9/16/2013 5:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

FOR THE PRICE , THIS IS WELL WORTH IT
it does the job, but its just that the powder is quite heavy so you would really have u apply it very gently/lightly to avoid looking like a ghost!
but as i said , for the price its worth it
if i ran out of my main finishing/hd/translucent powder (MAC) , then i would use this one, as i do have it as backup

Video Reviews & Tutorials