MAC Face and Body Foundation

Water, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Butylene Glycol, PVP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Stearic Acid, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Talc, Tocopherol, Tocopherol Acetate, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange), Fusanus Spicatus Wood oil, Xantham Gum, Triethanolamine, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin [+/- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens]

on 9/26/2014 9:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I've always hated cream and liquid foundations because I hadn't been able to find one that looked natural, didn't feel masky and heavy, and didn't clog my pores. I tried this one on a whim because the formula looked so thin in the store, and i figured it may not provide much coverage but at least it'l be buildable. I was wrong, it provides excellent light to medium coverage as well as being buildable and the color match is perfect. It gives a dewey natural finish too and looks flawless when I apply one of my hourglass ambient powders as a finishing touch. It doesn't get shiny or break my skin out, will definitely continue to buy. Another great product from MAC.

Literally LOVE this. It's so beautiful and it traces your skin looking lovely and healthy. If you're one of those people who are in love with dewy and glowing finishes I really think you should get this. It's not too expensive either depending on how much you are willing to spend. I have normal/ combination skin but I do get flaky around my nose and this is honestly p.e.r.f.e.c.t! It doesn't cling to flakes and it doesn't look greasy on more combination/oily skin although I think if you have oily skin that you should set it with a powder to maintain the glow but stop it from looking shiny. I would definitely buy again!

on 9/19/2014 3:57:00 PM

I have been using this product for 9 months and use the shade "C1". The bottle contains alot, and with almost everyday use it has lasted me for 9 months, so well worth the value on that front. I would recommend only using a little, as a little goes a long way and it spreads and blends well. However, it is a very thin coverage foundation, and I have a red undertone and this always shows through even if I double layer it. It is not a thick coverage so I would not recommend for acne coverage, however does not cause breakouts when used with a primer, so using a thick coverage concealer, if you feel you need it, would be the only way to cover imperfections with this foundation. I have oily skin in my T-zone, and it always looks oily here, however on the rest of my face looks dewy. It doesn't last long and you will get max. 4-5 hours wear before it deteriorates completely and re-application is required. I would recommend for natural looks if you have almost flawless skin however any other skin type would not really benefit from using this foundation.

on 9/19/2014 4:49:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I adore the packaging on this foundation, nice light plastic bottle, tired of carrying around heavy glass bottles that weigh more then the foundation inside of them.

I wear this as my everyday foundation, nice light texture, feels more like a moisturizer then a foundation. I also love how this is water based, I break out from EVERYTHING that touches my face. First foundation I've been using for months and have yet to have a breakout or dry blotchy patch on my face.

You get ALOT of production in that tiny bottle, a bottle lasts me roughly 3-4 months which is amazing since I use it every day and I could blow through a drugstore product in a single month. I find I barely use any but I still get a decent coverage. I have acne and oily skin, this doesn't make me oily but it also doesn't hide my acne very well, you can build it but again it won't build up to heavy coverage, I'd say its more a light coverage. Nothing a little concealer can't fix!!

on 9/14/2014 9:32:00 AM

I love the generic-ness of this foundation. Its no frills packaging, no SPF, no bells and whistles. I got it originally to literally use on my body as my neck and chest are SO red and blotchy. It blends that w/o looking fake. But don't wear w white. On my face it's filled a spot in my foundation arsenal for a light night time almost tinted moisturizer type thing id put on my face say after a shower but before I wana go makeup free, or for a natural look during the day over my CC in neutralize, it's very versatile. Coverage is light w a sheen. But a very chic dewy-type sheen not a grease pit. I do set this *very* lightly w MSFN in medium (I took a C1 in the foundation as I wanted to neutralize some redness). Shades though are probably pretty forgiving as it's so light. Don't over-powder or will ruin the finish. Will repurchase.

on 9/6/2014 12:56:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I bought this recently, and this is my new favourite everyday foundation. Lasts all day, minimal transfer, and easy to apply. Sheer coverage that you can build in thin layers.

Love the natural light dewy finish, and it really does even out the skin tone! It doesn't completely cover scars and spots, so you'll still need a concealer.

Throughout the day, I touch up shiny spots with Benefit's Zero Shine powder, and looks like I had just done my makeup versus other foundations where they start to look cakey after a couple of touch ups throughout the day

It's well worth the price for the amount of product you get!

on 9/6/2014 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I have oily, acne-prone skin that sometimes gets dry, flaky spots. For my skin, the biggest risk factor is what I put on it. I decided to give MAC Face and Body a shot, since it seems texturally thin. It looks a bit oily upon application, but dries down to an acceptable matte within about half an hour. Sadly, though, every time I wear it, I end up with one very large blemish somewhere on my face. It's possible I'm allergic to an ingredient; I break out with multiple similar blemishes if I eat anything with soy protein in it. I have much better results with L'Oreal Magic Nude (very liquid, light coverage, but enough to tone down discolorations) and my new favorite, which isn't really a foundation, Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream (looks airbrushed on my skin, no breakouts, and I'm totally amazed by it).

on 9/6/2014 4:37:00 AM

I love this!

A little bit about my skin. My skin is normal combination. Normal on the cheeks and a bit oily on the tzone. Its also dehydrated but not dry. i have a few breakouts a month which leave discolaration. I got Chronic Fatique Syndrom so my skin always looks quite tired, non glowy and i got dark under eye cirkles.
I use the shade C1 and C2 in summer.
my other shades:
Ysl le teint touche eclat in B30
Chanel Vitalumiere in B20
Nars Sheer Glow in Ceylan.

So this foundation dubbles for a light coverage foundation and a medium coverage foundation as Its very buildable.
When I have a bad skin day or a party i can layer this to a medium coverage which makes the slight acne scarring on my cheeks almost dissapear..

On a normal day i can use it as a light coverage on my forhead and nose so my freckles will still show. My skin on my forhead and nose is good so i dont feel like i need much coverage there. Just a bit evening out maybe. (Plus heavy coverage on my nose makes it always look very cakey) On my cheeks and chin i build this up to cover my discolarations.

On a non makeup day when you dont really want to wear anything on your face but need a bit of a glow you can just put this on very sheer.

So thats 1 foundation for my 3 most used looks!!!!!!!

The finish is natural. Not too dewy not matte either. Just normal healthy skin.
I powder my t zone lightly so it wont look flat but still keeps shine in check.

So ladies... if you like a light natural look but also a medium coverage look which is still natural... GET THIS.

Best foundation ever in my oppinion! Goes on nicely, gives a lovely glow and last forever. This fdtion doesn't cover everything but can be build up to a medium coverage. Would highly recommend as the same shade can worn during the winter and summer (adjust a little to the skin as it's very watery).

I got this foundation to use as my summer base because I wanted something light and dewy. I got matched to the shade N1 which is just about right for my pale skin, possibly slightly dark but i do have neutral undertones. It is a good price for a trusted high end brand with a good amount of product in the bottle. I applied it first with a buffing brush but it wasn't working, so tried with my fingers, as most people suggest, but I really did not like that either.
I just couldn't get on with it unfortunately, it has a sheer coverage and just seemed to disappear from my face within a couple of hours, though I have normal skin. I then tried mixing it with other foundations that I know work for me to make them slightly more glowing, however it made the lasting power on these drop significantly too. It didn't break me out but feels slightly greasy on my face when applied, however I do like the smell.
I can imagine it being perfect for makeup artists on shoots because when first applied the foundation looks amazing. I adore the finish, but for every day wear, it just doesn't work for me.
If anyone has this foundation, just a heads up, I was told to shake the bottle every so often due to it being water based, to make it last longer and keep it fresh. :)

Video Reviews & Tutorials