MAC Paint Pot in Bare Study

4.2

on 1/1/2012 5:45:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is a really nice colour to use everyday or for special occasions. I'd decribe this colour as a nude/beige with amounts of frosted gold. The texture isn't as creamy as I'd thought, but is still easy to apply and use. If I wear this alone without primer it does crease after about 2 hrs which I was really disappointed about, so I now wear this with a primer. You only ever need a tiny amount, so I think this will last me a long time!

on 12/30/2011 3:46:00 AM

I bought this due to the great reviews and I always see it used on youtube. I really like it over a primer as a base. I like to use it alone for my inner corner of my eyes. It is a nice subtle color, which I love. The consistency is strange but it is still a great product.

on 12/27/2011 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is my second paint pot and I absolutely love it! I love shimmery highlight colors so this is perfect as a base for all my shimmery lid and inner corner colors. Perfect! My only complaint is that it has a weird chunky texture at first but you can smooth it out easily.

on 12/21/2011 12:23:00 PM

The most gorgeous shimmery colour. Perfect when worn alone as an eyeshadow or when used as a base. This product is so versatile and I feel it would work with any skin tone. I use it almost every day all over the lid with some black winged liner. It's perfect for brightening the lid with a lovely sheen. Only downside to this product is that it does dry up - I have had my pot for about a year and it is beginning to dry around the edges.

love love love alone or as a shadow base,perfect!

on 12/19/2011 10:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I use this strictly as an eye primer, and I love it. It goes on smooth and shadow lasts 8+ hours without creasing. I know others say this is useless as a primer, but it works amazingly well for me. Lovely pearlescent sheen that really makes colored shadows pop, without being garish. If using this as a primer, go with a very thin layer. I use this only as a primer, but it could be worn alone or as a browbone highlight. It is a very pretty pearlescent champagne color. Packaging is the typical MAC Paint Pot round glass jar with black screw-on lid. I use this and Painterly and honestly I prefer this one. Very nice and will repurchase.

on 12/16/2011 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

When I try to blend a different color onto my crease and the outer corner of my lid, my base color starts rubbing off. This product is worthless as a primer. I couldn't even use it to see how long it actually lasts. The color is so light, I can't imagine this working as a shadow by itself. For MAC, this is very disappointing.

on 11/25/2011 7:47:00 PM

A white-gold eyeshadow base. Looks good under most neutral. I sometimes like to use it to highlight :) But it isn't the best at holding eyeshadows on for me, I don't know why. I might try a matte paint pot after I finish this one.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!! This paint pot is so versitile! I use this everyday on my eyelids. Sometimes i wear it alone, but you can also top it with a powder eyeshadow (alot of the time i would use naked lunch by mac). It stays on and doesnt crease, even if you dont use a primer. It can also be used as a highlight for your browbome, cupid's bow, cheekbones, etc. If you are skeptical about this product then i recomend just going out and buying it. Mac has a great return policy so if you don't like it you could always return it.

on 10/23/2011 7:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

MAC's BARE STUDY PAINT POT.
I thought this was a good product, however it wasn't amazing. As I found it was a little bit too shimmery for my small eyes. Fortunately, I have tried this on my friend who has very big eyes and it looked absolutely amazing! It makes your eyes pop out and especially if you have blue or hazel eyes. It is also a good base/eye shadow primer, I usually use my neutral colours such as half baked from the naked palette and it looks gorgeous. I would buy this product again but I wouldn't use by itself! Thank you for reading xxdylxx

Top Rated MAC Products