Olay Foaming Face Wash

3.5

Water, Glycerin, Sodium Myristoyl Sarcosinate, PEG 120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Glycol Distearate, PEG 150 Pentaerythritol Tetrastearate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Polyquaternium 10, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Cocamide MEA, Citric Acid, DMDM Hydantoin, Disodium EDTA, Laureth 10, Fragrance 5/30/09

on 5/2/2003 8:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a pretty good and cheap drugstore product. The packaging in SG is different so I'm not sure if it's the same product though it has the same name. It comes in a 100g white tube over here and the front reads Deep Cleansing with moisturisers. The cleansing part is alright, this doesn't really foam (I prefer foamy face washes) and though I've tried using it to remove light make-up. I didn't feel very clean so I rather stick to using this as a face wash. I didn't care much for the scent but it does moisturise. My face doesn't feel stripped but it doesn't feel fresh either, just kinda lightly moisturise. I'm just sticking to it since I'm using the OLAY white radiance range and I think using products from the same brand helps them work better.

on 4/23/2003 5:54:00 AM

I don't like this cleanser. The fragrance-free one isn't available where I live; maybe I'd have liked that one, because I can't stand the fragrance in this cleanser. It smells like very old perfume or something. Plus it left a weird film on my face and I don't like that.

on 4/10/2003 7:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This product is actually not that bad! I bought it several years ago, and used it up during the UiU challenge. It effectively removes M/U without stripping. It also wasn't to rich for my oily skin. The next time I purchase I'd get the unscented because the scent is quite perfumey.

on 4/10/2003 4:20:00 PM

Love this - it saved my skin. It doesn't dry my skin out, doesn't break me out either. I had been trying other new products and this helped *fix* what I had done - lol. Great stuff.

on 3/18/2003 9:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Love this. Removes makeup very well (even eye makeup) and doesn't strip skin. Nice and clean! Great price too.

on 3/18/2003 8:10:00 AM

I bought this because Olay products have been really good to my skin and I wanted a cheaper alternative to their daily facials, which I love but are biting into my wallet. This turned out to be a very standard cleanser, which is fine for the price (with a coupon, I paid $2.75 at Target) but just doesn't compare to the daily facials at all. I guess I'm spoiled now - have to go back to my holy grail cleanser/exfoliators and just deal with the expense!

on 3/8/2003 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

After my Cetaphil disaster only now do I truly appreciate my Oil of Olay Foaming Face Wash.

I didn't have any bells and whistles, but I have a clean face. Make that a breakout-free clean face.

I didn't notice any visible fragrance in this (EDITED: I think they changed the formula, it now has a fragrance - yes i'm sure i didnt use fragrance-free before, no matter, it was a pleasant clean-floraly-perfumey scent, nothing 'bad', everything else in this review still holds though, still loving it), and it didn't dry out my skin nor break me out. It just simply got my face clean and removed makeup very well.

I will now remember the old adage "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!" and stay happily content with my Oil of Olay Foaming Face Wash... there is no need to look for greener pastures with this on my shelf. continued >>

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This product leaves a weird film on my face I can't stand! I does remove makeup, so I will use it on the rare times I do.

Edited to add-This made my skin itch very badly. I threw it away.

on 1/31/2003 7:41:00 PM

I thought Olay was supposed to be moisturizing products, however, this really dries out my face.

on 10/10/2002 7:05:00 PM

This cleaned nicely and my skin was soft and smooth afterwards. It just didn't clean enough, I'm a stickler for deep clean and this just doesn't cut it.