Clairol Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Moisturizing Shampoo

3.3

Water, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycol Distearate, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Fruit Extract, Orchis Mascula Flower Extract, Zea Mays (Corn) Silk Extract, Fragrance, Sodium Citrate, Cocamide MEA, Sodium Xylenesulfonate, Dimethicone, Citric Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Polyquaternium-76, Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, Ammonium Laureth Sulfate, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Blue 1. (2011 formulation)

I have brought and repurchased Clairol "Herbal essences Hello Hydration Moisturizing Shampoo" for over a year or two now.This is my go to Shampoo. I Also use this shampoo with its matching conditioner. They work amazing together. I prefer to use both these products then use a different product with them as this works amazing when paired together. Definitely a great shampoo for hot summer days and chilly winter days. I have very long dark hair and it hydrates my hair from root to tip.

[Pros]
- Makes your hair silky
- Smells amazing
- Helps hydrate your hair
- Packaging is secure
- Affordable
- You get a lot for a little
- Works well paired with Hello Hydration conditioner
...
[Cons]
- Shampoo is not organic
- Shampoo is colored (however doesn't leave any coloration in your hair)
...
Overall I would buy this product again, I really don't have anything negative to say besides the fact I wish this product was organic, however saying that I find this product is very gentle on my hair and hydrates really well. I recommend anyone wanting a hydrating shampoo to try this one :)

on 12/30/2011 9:46:00 PM

I got a huge bottle of this with a pump, so will have to use it all up even though it's not the best shampoo. I don't think this is anything special, just a regular shampoo with no discernible difference from any other. Smells nice and cleans my hair but doesn't particularly hydrate. Wouldn't buy again, and will
Probably take me 6 months to use the bottle I have!

on 12/18/2011 8:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

My dad randomly picked this up for me when I told him I ran out of shampoo and asked if he could pick some up for me. wow, he has good taste! I have long relatively thick indian hair and while I love having big, voluminous hair, it sometiems gets dry. I probably wouldnt re-purchase for that reason, it does tend to weigh my hair down the 2nd day (i cant wash my hair every day) but it smells so amazing that even my new boy toy can't get enough. I have never been so complimented on the way my hair smells and the smell tends to last a couple days. based soley on that, i will definitely re-purchase!

on 11/27/2011 6:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

i like how hydrating it is for my hair and i ADORE THE SMELL :D. i always get compliments on how good my hair smells and how soft it is when i use this shampoo. its at a good price too. i will repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

this product is either loved or hated..i personally dont like it, i find that my hair was breaking off using it and oddly it was more dry :S which defeats the whole ``hello Hydration`` title. ummm yea my hair just in general looked worse dead and dry, two thumbs doown

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Shampoo and Conditioner promise to moisturize dry, "thirsty" hair. I purchased both at Giant Eagle for $3.49 each, both are 12 fl oz bottles.
Packaging is the standard wavy Herbal Essences bottle. The shampoo bottle is made of thin, translucent blue plastic. The conditioner bottle is made of a thicker, opaque blue plastic. The bottles have blue, green, and silver splatters and circles on them, which is appealing. The tagline "All your hair needs is a good soak" is printed on the front. A full list of ingredients and some fun facts are on the back.
The scent of this shampoo is what originally drew me to purchase in the first place. Its fantastic. The label says Hello Hydration contains Hawaiian Coconut and Orchid, both of which are well represented in the scent. I normally don't enjoy anything coconut, flavor or scents, but the addition of orchid makes this quite enjoyable. I can also sense a bit of citrus in the conditioner's smell, but I can't find anything fruity or citrus scented in the ingredients. I do wish this scent lashed longer, after my hair dries I can barely smell it. Disappoint.
When it comes to washing my hair, I feel like I need a lot of shampoo to get enough lather to clean my chest length, thick hair. At least a third of a palm-full. The shampoo is thick and creamy and a beautiful shade of blue. It takes a lot to work it to lather, possibly due to the thickness. I leave it in about 15 seconds before rinsing.
The conditioner is a light blue and has an almost whipped texture. I also need a lot of it to coat my hair fully. I leave it in about 10 minutes. I don't really recommend it for detangling, it does nothing for me in that department. I've been relying on my Aveeno Nourish+Condition Leave in Treatment to de-matte my knotty hair.
I'm not sure how to feel about this shampoo/conditioner The first time I used them, my hair felt so clean, soft, and healthy and looked very shiny, albeit a bit flat. It was greasy the next night, but I didn't think much of it, since its a moisturizing shampoo. It's been downhill since then. It now leaves my hair looking dull, flat, lifeless, and dry (keep in mind this is a moisturizing shampoo). I think its just not for my hair type. It works wonders on Boyfriend's fine hair. It looks really shiny and healthy, and better than mine. Jealous.
Overall this isn't a bad shampoo, it's just not for me. Try it if you have thin hair, dry hair, or like coconuts. The epic scent is really all that worked out well for me. I won't be repurchasing after I finish both bottles off.
I'm planning a review series on all of Herbal Essences shampoos and conditioners, and maybe some style products. Next Up: Tousle Me Softly.

on 11/3/2011 10:03:00 PM

I used this shampoo for a few years before switching to a different Herbal Essences one (the red one for long hair, among many others). I really liked the way it smells and I think it's cool that it's a pearly blue color. It moisturized my hair fairly well and didn't leave it oily or anything. It's a good idea to use the matching conditioner afterward. I think it's a pretty good product ( :

NO BODY EVERY MENTIONED THIS SHAMPOO IS BLUE!!!!!!!! it's a shampoo and it's highly pigmented ?! out to the trash. I want me money back.

on 10/24/2011 11:16:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I ran out of my all-time favorite shampoo, Aussie Moist, and decided to try Herbel Essence's Hello Hydration. I was excited to go ahead and try it, so I used it that night. When I got out of the shower and started combing through, my hair felt really sticky and hard, and it was impossible to run the comb through. I decided to blow dry my hair and thought that might help, and it was still impossible to comb through and became really super frizzy and dry. I threw it away and went and purchased Aussie Moist the next morning.

on 10/10/2011 2:28:00 AM

I got this mostly because of the smell, have nice waves in my hair so i let it to air dry always, but when my hair dried after using this it was oily and tangled, i also got this weird painful bumps in my scalp, i had to stop using it