Laura Mercier Foundation Primer Oil -Free

2.9

Water (Aqua), Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Stearic Acid, Isodecyl Isononanoate, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, C20-22 Alkyl Phosphate, C22-20 Alcohols, Squalane, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl Esters, Phenoxyethanol, Boron Nitride, Silica, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sodium Hydroxide, Allantoin Tocopherol Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Hamaelis Viginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Cucumis sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Retinyl Palmitate, Dimethicone, Polyamino Sugar Condesate, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Chlorphensin, Benzoic Acid, Polysorbate 60, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Saccharomyces/Xylium Black Tea Ferment, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Potassium Sorbate, Green 5 (CI 61570), Yellow 5 (CI 19140).

on 3/23/2011 12:27:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

My makeup artist friend put me onto this primer and I am SO glad she did. I use Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation (1C1 Shell 15) and was having trouble with it staying put. It would start to shine after an hour or so and would easily come off, but the colour match and coverage are pretty much perfect, after hunting high and low for years, so I didn't want to change foundations.

I've used this primer several times, and have found it's best applied when my face has been exfoliated within the last few days, and has been moisturised about half an hour before. Whilst this primer is pretty expensive, a little bit really does goes a long way, and it feel so light and silky smooth, not heavy and sticky like others I've tried, it really melts into my skin beautifully. I wait about 10-15 minutes before I put my foundation on, and then once the foundation is on I blot powder over the top with Benefit's Get Even in 01. This keeps my face even, matt and covers nearly all my acne and scars (I have a few that not even paint would cover!)

I took 1 lippie off the rating because my foundation still doesn't last ALL DAY, but I don't think any product will, and I also took 1 off for the price, as it is rather expensive, although worth it. I'm completely sold on this primer, and will continue to buy it as long as they make it!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have sensitive skin so I have to use the oil free version instead of the regular version, which is a shame since the regular version is smoother, more hydrating, works better IMO. But this oil free version doesn't make my dry cheeks burn or break me out in the T-zone (like the regular version does). This is NOT HG, but I have repurchased enough times that I will continue to use this until I find something I like better. I do NOT like the packaging. I prefer a pump to the squeeze tube. When you don't have a lot of product left, even a light squeeze of the tube has caused the product to spurt out everywhere. Regarding the price -- a little bit goes a LONG way, so I think it is quite reasonably priced.

on 3/13/2011 12:58:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I like this primer but it's not a miracle product or anything. It does help my foundation last a bit longer. I have dry skin and with this, everything goes on more smoothly..foundation, blush, highlighter, etc. These products seem to sink into my skin better and look more natural. The biggest difference I notice is that my blushes apply more pigmented and last hours longer which is great and I've never experenced this effect with other primers. I can't comment on what it does for pores because my pores are small. So far, this is the best primer I've used and I've tried primers from NARS, Korres, Victoria's Secret, Smashbox, and the famous Monistat Anti-Chafing lotion. I wouldn't rebuy this though..I'd rather try something new to be onest.

I HATE THIS! Made my face oily -_-
save your money.

on 3/7/2011 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

My face is so oily from this primer...I do not have oily skin in the first place. I feel like my foundation slides around BECAUSE of this primer. Absolutely awful. And I don't think it smells that great either. Why does Sephora have it on their shelf of best primers??

on 2/25/2011 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Didn't notice any difference in the application or staying power of my make up when I used this product. Very disappointing!

on 2/12/2011 6:08:00 PM

I've used the LM creme foundation for a long time (and I love it) and wanted to try this primer forever. My skincare routine has worked perfectly for the last two years, so the problems I had after using this primer can't be caused by one of the other items I use. So the first time I used this primer I noticed a lot of white spots the at same evening (also in places I normally never get spots). The next day, after using this product for the second time, I got breakouts like never before (honestly, it was horrible). But I wanted to give it a try (once again) and used it for the third time the day after, before I really had to stop using it, because my breakouts were getting worse and worse. Beside from that I don't think the primer helped my foundation to stay on any longer, at the end of the day it looked exactly the same as without using it. Anyways, after I stopped using this product, it took me about two days before my skin went back to normal.
Conclusion: as much as I love the LM foundation (and also other products) this is the worst product for my skin I've ever used and I don't recommend it at all.

on 1/12/2011 11:39:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Honestly this product does nothing to my face except making it all shiny.
It is not suitable for the oily skin for sure. It is greasy and I am really suprised they promote it as for an oily skin.
There was no difference in my skin after applying it and for this price I expect product to work at least a litte.

on 10/10/2010 4:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

honestly i cant find the differences between wearing this primer or not, the MUA at laura mercier told me that if i use this primer, she can guarantee that my tzone wont get oily for the whole day, but turns out that until now, i still have to buy an oil blot paper. definitely just waste of my AUD60!

on 9/18/2010 12:16:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

I generally hate this product for day to day wear as i find it too oily and greasy on top of my moisturiser and day treatment but i definitely recommend it as THE primer for nightwear if your foundation does not have a dewy finish.