LUSH Celestial

3.9

Vanilla Water (Vanilla planifolia), Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis), Almond Milk (Prunus dulcis), Glycerine, Fair Trade Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Fresh Dove Orchid Extract (Dendrobium), Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben,.

on 8/19/2011 12:30:00 AM

I am vegan and was told Lush were great for reasonably priced skincare/hairdye. I went on a bit of a spree and bought this, the 'Breath of Fresh Air' toner, '9 to 5' cleanser, Caca Noir indigo block and the Cupcake mask.

Despite the fact that this cream is SO oily, it really doesn't do a lot. Broke my face out in a rash, smells horrendous. I tried to use it up as a hand cream but it makes my hands itch horribly and never seems to absorb. Binned.

I really tried to like you, Lush, but you just haven't scored any points with me so far. All the products I tried (particularly this moisturiser and the Caca Noir - I will never forget that experience) were absolutely terrible, had cheap packaging, cheap ingredients, stupid names and smelt hideous. Made me all the more happy to return to spending twice as much for Aesop and Dermalogica. Will probably never buy a Lush product again.

on 6/22/2011 10:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

So, i had sworn off all Lush moisturizers after my awful "Afterlife" nightmare.......yet somehow, i ended up with a sample of Celestial............and i'm the one who asked for it! lol. I was on the market for something all natural since i'm very particular about what i put on my skin (chemical wise), more so now since im pregnant :). I guess hormones have turned my once combo skin into a dry and dehydrated mess so i picked something a bit richer than what i would normally go for.
I do really like the scent to this stuff, though i wouldn't go as far as to say it smells "yummy" or anything...it's a very light and soft scent. The texture is a bit thick yet really smooth. The trick to this moisturizer is applying as lightly as you can. I usually spray toner into my hand and then mix less than a pea sized amount of the moisturizer with it...pat all over my face and that's that. Or i just dab on my dry problem areas only. Can't say that i've had any problems with clogged pores (i'm shocked), and it sure leaves my skin feeling smooth as butter. With all that being said I wouldn't recommend or not recommend buying this product. Celestial is one of those moisturizers where (if your curious) you'd just have to try it out for yourself because, i could really see it going either way.....a Godsend or a Disaster depending on your skin. I for sure thought this stuff would break me out like crazy but it hasn't...and i actually really like it.
UPDATE: ut-oh....watch out....PARABENS

on 6/20/2011 4:56:00 PM

I received a sample of this product during my last LUSH visit. This smells like vanilla yogurt, and I sometimes find myself smelling this product when I'm bored :D
It does not irritate my skin, but for the price and the jar packaging, I do not think I will be purchasing this product.

I am on my third pot of this moisturizer. I have really sensitive skin that tends to be dry. This works without irritating my skin and keeps me moisturized. I normally use it at night, but it's light enough for day use.. however it doesn't have an SPF so I would have to layer it for daytime use.

on 5/29/2011 3:52:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

LOVE this moisturizer. I have young, combination skin. It gets so dry overnight, so it's the overnight moisturizer I live by. It's such an essential to my skin routine. It doesn't feel sticky and nasty. It doesn't make my skin feel oily either. And trust me, I've used A LOT of moisturizers that make my skin feel oily. It's the perfect healthy moisture that makes my dry and oily skin glow. Just use something different in the morning, like neutrogena combination moisturizer if your skin gets oily.

on 5/2/2011 1:46:00 AM

I wish I could say that i love this as much as I love my other lush skincare. I really really wanted to love this that I used it for 2 weeks and denied that it was the real reason behind my flaky, rough and gross skin. But, when someone else noticed how ugly my face for almost 2 weeks, its a different story. I stopped using this and went back to my Cetaphil moisturizer and now my skin is back to flawless and glowing skin again.

on 4/30/2011 3:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I love this stuff. I have very dry sensitive skin and this is perfect. It has a very light almond scent that is just enough for a face cream. I have definitely purchased this more than once and will continue to do so.

on 4/15/2011 12:09:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

My skin has always been incredibly dry. I had been using a moisturizer from clinique but it just wasn't heavy enough and still left my face dry. My skin is incredibly sensitive, prone to breakouts, and has a tendency to be red. A friend of mine suggested Celestial and I must say I am so happy I was whining and complaining to her because it helped me find this wonderful moisturizer! I will definitely be repurchasing.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I had a hard time finding a moisturiser because although my skin is dry, it is also prone to blocked pores. Most moisturisers give me spots but thankfully this product is just right for me. I've been using it for about a year and have had no spots or blocked pores. It has a light, natural smell. The consistency of the cream in the pot has become a little thicker over time, but this isn't a problem and it still works just the same. A little goes a long way - if you use too much then it will take a while to be absorbed by your skin. I'm very pleased with this moisturiser - it leaves my skin soft, supple and comfortable and I will definitely repurchase.

on 3/21/2011 1:16:00 PM

This smells heavenly, like light cookies and cream. I've only used this a couple of times but it hasn't irritated my skin yet. I found it too thick though, my skin couldn't breath. It did make my skin very soft.

Popular Moisturizers