Elizabeth Arden Sunflowers

3.0

on 8/21/2007 6:21:00 PM

God i loved this perfume when i was 14 and this perfume had just launched...did i just date myself? I thought it was divine and made me smell like the classy lady i thought i was. I remember saving up my money to buy this perfume set from Macy's. I would never wear it again because it just ain't my cup of tea anymore, but i will never think it smells bad simply because of the fond memories it brings back.

I found this in the $2 bin at walgreen's today so that's what prompted me to write this review.

on 8/11/2007 4:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This smells really nice, is not too strong, and lasts for a whole day, it is very cheap at most chemists, so I would buy it again.

on 7/13/2007 2:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Very dated, there are so much better fragrances out there that don't smell like the early 90s.

on 6/23/2007 3:09:00 PM

Imagine being on a picnic with your family on a bright, sunny, hot day. You choose a secluded sight for this picnic and wander into the middle of a field with daisies and dandelions growing all around you. You and your family are making daisy/dandelion chains and having lots of fun. This is the kind of scene that Sunflowers brings to mind. When i read all the reviews on this that said it was horrid, i had to see for myself. So i went to target and bought a small bottle of it. I was surprised at how nice it is. A very sunny and fresh scent. A "happy-go-lucky" type of scent. If you could bottle sunshine and the color yellow this is what it would smell like.

on 5/30/2007 3:42:00 PM

This was the perfume of choice for the snotty girls at my high school in the '90s. I hated it then and I hate it now - and I used to adoooore some strong fruity scents, but this...just...so strong and ...blech.

It's so outdated now, too.

on 5/10/2007 5:12:00 AM

I like this intially when it first came out. I was given a bottle of it by my husbands aunt who purchased at the duty free in Ireland years later. I so wanted to love it because it was given to me by such a wonderful lady. But this comes across too spicy or something on me. I dont know exactly what note it is that doesnt work for me. But its there and it doesnt work for me.

on 4/15/2007 2:23:00 PM

Whew - I remember this. It seems to me as though the Arden company formulated this as their answer to Giorgio Beverly Hills, ten years too late. Same product color theme, same type of sweetish scent. Those who said it is sharp and synthetic took the words right out of my mouth. Bleh. Now a story: A year ago, a friend was getting married for the second time, and I asked her what she intended to wear as a fragrance on her big day. Well, she is the type that rarely wears cosmetics or fragrance, and she told me that she had gotten some of this as a gift years ago and supposed that she would wear it. I asked her if she really liked it and she said halfheartedly, it's OK..... Next time we went shopping together I steered her to the fragrance counters and insisted she sample some scents. There were quite a few that she liked and I am pleased to say that she was saved from having to go down the aisle wearing a scent that did not make her feel beautiful. In her ivory satin and Champs-Elysees, she made quite a lovely bride.

on 3/19/2007 4:49:00 PM

I also got a total of 23 comments when i first wore it out~!

on 3/12/2007 12:52:00 PM

I don't think Sunflowers was so bad. I wore it around 1992, and I remember getting more than a few compliments on it. Maybe I didn't over spray - I'm a bit self conscious about smelling like I drowned myself in perfume. Anyway, I suppose the style of fragrance is dated now, but I don't understand the HUGE aversion so many people have to this, it's such an innocuous type of frag. What could be so horrible? :-/

on 3/4/2007 9:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Strong, It must have good staying power because when my mother in law wears it, it seems to overwhelm the room for hours. I do not like this scent. It has a sharp rose fragrance mixed with other summer flowers. Too powerful, maybe a lotion version would be more subtle.

Popular Fragrances