Elizabeth Arden Red Door

2.8

on 3/1/2010 12:37:00 PM

My mother-in-law gave me this perfume years ago.....it smells sooo "old lady." I didn't get much use out of it and gave it to my mother who was about 50 at the time &I don't think she got to much use out of it either.. This perfume is great if you are 65+ years old. It has that powdery rose/powder smell...It's trying to be Chanel 5.....but misses the mark!!!...

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I've had this perfume for a long, long time and I didn't use it at all. The last month I decided to give it a chance again. I was thrilled! The smell is so classic, sensual, woodsy and mysterious. Though I would never use this on a daily basis, it's a perfect perfume for the evening go-outs and parties. It makes me feel sexy!

on 2/28/2010 11:42:00 AM

On me it smells woodsy, musky, masculine. A little goes a very long way. I am glad that there is an alternative use for it as bug spray.

on 2/17/2010 4:55:00 PM

This smells horrible. My mom likes it and has used it for years. She finds something and will stick with it forever, like her hairstyle and bright pink nail polish. I love my mom, she is great, but I cannot stand this. I tried to turn her on to Chanel Coco Mademoiselle because I wear that and she likes it so I bought it for her, but go figure, it does not smell the same on her. So back to this she went. The search continues to replace this stench.

on 2/17/2010 4:39:00 PM

This 'fragrance' from Elizabeth Arden is so offensive and nauseating that it will keep your enemies far far away. I may be exaggerating but this stuff is pure evil and it should be banned. Unfortunately my dear old mother loves this crap and uses it again and again. The smell of it is atrocious and it lingers for hours or should I say months. Do yourself a favor and stay far away. Now you have been warned. I am happy to see that I am not the only one here on MUA that finds this shit particularly nasty.

on 10/22/2009 8:49:00 PM

This is the worst fragarance ever! I don't understand why so many people wear it! It give me headache every time I smell it on some one.

My mum got it as a gift once. I sprayed it on my wrist and nearly vomited. I couldn't wash this nasty staff off my wrist and it smelled bad for hours.

I think it should be banned in offices. Some of my co-workers wear it and it gives me a headache for the rest of the day.

I'm normally quite good with perfumes and try to find a beauty in each individual one. But this one doesn't make any scence at all

on 7/14/2009 11:35:00 PM

It's 'Okay'.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I was given this as a free gift. I sniffed it on a business card first because I didn't like the look of the bottle, and I thought it was horrible! When I tried it on my skin, the top notes were harsh, heady and uber floral~ all things I can't stand. BUT when I got past that (much rubbing my wrists and flapping my arms around) I got a really nice honey scent. It lingered for the rest of the day and when I caught a whiff of myself I was quite happy. Still, suffering through the top notes isn't a sacrifice I'm willing to make when I don't have to. This fragrance went straight to the Salvation Army store.

on 6/18/2009 10:58:00 AM

This stuff is revolting. It reminds me of funeral parlours and old mouldy clothing. When you first spray it , it's not too bad, but after say half an hour i want to wretch at the scent. It turns into a stinking old cheap smelling nasty scent, reminds me of a senile old woman (Absolutley no offense intended to anyone but it always seems to be those who wear it where i am) . Would not go near this perfume ever.

I tried to like this scent, I really did. The only time I can wear this is for about 3 weeks in Autumn, otherwise any type of heat brings out an ugly side to the amber is this juice. On some, this scent comes to life on me in warm weather it smelled like amber overkill. I couldn't stand the smell of myself. One bottle has now lasted about 5 years because I really don't like it and I'm not the type of person for this scent. I like more complex, intriguing frangrances rather than loud, middle of the road day to day scent.

Popular Fragrances