Giovanni Smooth As Silk Conditioner

Not tested on animals

Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Butylene Glycol, Cetrimonium Bromide, Phenoxythanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Natural Fragrance, Hydrolyzed Protein, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Leaf Extract (USDA Certified Organic), Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Valencia Organge) Extract (USDA Certified Organic), Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus (Lemongrass) Extract (USDA Certified Organic), Echinacea Purpurea Extract (USDA Certified Organic), Ginkgo Biloba Extract (USDA Certified Organic), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Extract (USDA Certified Organic), Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract (USDA Certified Organic), Macrocystis Pyrifera (Sea Kelp) Extract (USDA Certified Organic), Mangifera Indica (Mango) Extract (USDA Certified Organic), Salix Alba (Willow Bark) (USDA Certified Organic)

on 5/17/2009 12:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Amazing - I have found my forever conditioner.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have extensive bleach and heat damage to my hair and picked this up to see if it would restore some of the luster of my hair and reduce the look of the damage. I hoped for too much.... It isn't a good deep conditioner for someone with damaged hair due to bleach and heat. It worked great for my mom's hair. Did nothing for me.

on 4/16/2009 3:22:00 AM

This is simply the best conditioner I've ever used! I always come back to this, and have been using it for years! I have naturally curly hair (3B) and this provides wonderful 'slip' and just the right amount of moisture! It's not too heavy and doesn't weigh my hair down. I even will sometimes leave a little bit in after rinsing, and this makes my hair so soft! The scent is grapefruity-citrusy, and I really like it! It can be on the pricey side if you only buy the small 8.5 oz bottles (around 8$), and if have thick hair that soaks it up! But is available in bulk at my local Co-op for much cheaper! I recommend this is curly girls everywhere! Definitely HG material!

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I ordered this from Vitacost.com & got it at a great price. The conditioner leaves my hair silky smooth. It gives lots of slip. I still usually use a deep-conditioner after this.

on 1/29/2009 1:47:00 AM

Purchased this at my local grocery retailer: Nugget Market's. I'm impressed! I've always used more costly brands and my sister suggested using/trying this shampoo. I'm glad I did! It's got a very faint scent to it, medium consisentcy to it (which I do like on the heavier side). It's very reasonable in price (compared to the high-end shampoo's & conditioner's that I generally use/purchase). And I especially like that with my ULTRA sensitive skin & scalp area, this shampoo caused absolutely NO adverse skin/scalp reactions! YEAH!
I purchased the trial size of this shampoo & have yet to finish the little bottle, BUT if all continues to go well I will most definitely purchase the larger (regular) sized shampoo bottle. It's worked well this far! :-)

on 1/26/2009 9:32:00 PM

While I'm not impressed with Giovanni's styling products, I've always just really loved their shampoos and conditioners. They're basic, very good, and reasonably priced.

I have very curly, often dry/frizzy, coarse curly hair and when I used conditioner, I can use a bottle - and I love stuff that's *very* heavy and rich, but this is rather light and yet it still detangles and softens wonderfully and no heavy residue!

I bought this one b/c it said, on the bottle, "for damaged hair," and while my hair isn't necessarily damaged, it does tend to be very dry (naturally curly) so I bought it. But the Web site said, "Self-regulating light conditioning rinse. Ideal for long hair. Will not weigh down hair."

I'd probably never buy anything that called itself a "light conditioning rinse," but this - and the shampoo - just works and they smell GREAT!

on 1/22/2009 1:59:00 PM

This conditioner is amazing, way better than many "salon" brands that cost mega bucks.
Actually whole Giovanni line is fantastic, it is hard to choose which product is the best, they are all great.

I have recently coloured my hair dark brown (from previous bleach blonde), and my hair is a bit porous and dry. I bought this conditioner because of "smooth as silk" name and also becase I used other Giovanni products in the past which I loved.
Well, I never thought that my hair could shine like this! It honestly looks like I put some shine spray on it, it is gleaming, and is soft and smooth. It also detangles beautifully when wet. I have baby fine hair and it tangles and frizzes easily, and this stuff works like a dream on it.
I used it in combination with 50-50 shampoo and a tiny smudge of Giovanni live-in conditioner. Result: Hair like from hair ads, just without 'cones. And the smell is divine, like grapefruit. I am in love, thanks Giovanni!
P.S.
They sell these fabulous travel size bottles, which I only discovered recently. They are great for trying out before committing to a bigger bottle (and even these small bottles last a while, as the product is rich, so only a small amount is needed). And, since the bigger bottles are in a bit of inconvenient packaging, these small bottles are great for decantering the big bottles in, if desired. Top stuff!

on 1/14/2009 6:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have got to say that this conditioner is THE best conditioner I have ever used. Earlier in the year I got quite a disastrous haircut which made me go out and by a conditioner that wasn't so generic (e.g. Herbal Essences, Pantene). I figured my hair could use a little pampering. I've been using this conditioner for about 5 months now and I still haven't finished the bottle! Just a bit of this stuff does the trick and it leaves my hair all soft and shiny! It defrizzes and now my hair is starting to look and feel like a child's again! I never thought my hair would backtrack itself. This conditioner really helped regain my confidence about my hair (especially now that it's grown out a lot) and not to mention that it's organic quality really makes me feel like I'm being kind to the earth and to my body. The price isn't too bad either, compared to other above average conditioners and this stuff really does last quite a while. The packaging might bother some, but if you stand it upside down on your shelf for the whole time, it really isn't that troublesome getting the conditioner out. I happen to find the bottle nice and sleek.

on 11/4/2008 8:13:00 PM

I use this conditioner with Giovanni Triple Tea Treat shampoo because I have oily and an occasionally flaky scalp, and baby fine hair which tends to get dry and has split ends. I was using Dove products until I ran out and bought this for about $8 at Duane Reade. Paired with the tea tree shampoo, so far I am loving it. I know that people have complained about how drying the tea tree shampoo is, and I believe them, but this conditioner for "damaged" hair really straightens that problem out. It's creamy (as others have said) and has a pleasant smell. I just blew out my hair and it looks gorgeous!!! It's creamy but not very heavy because I hate conditioners which weigh my hair down. So far, (it's been an hour) this hasn't. Most important is that it is organic and has NO SULFATES and NO PARABENS. BIG PLUS!!!

on 9/27/2008 1:10:00 PM

I use this conditioner with the 50/50 shampoo. It is a pretty good conditioner although I wish it was a little more moisturizing. It smells nice and doesn't weigh my hair down. Overall, a good product.

Top Rated Giovanni Products