Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture Sensitive Skin

3.4

Water , Glycerin , Ethylhexyl Palmitate , Dimethicone , Petrolatum , Cyclomethicone , Soybean Glycine Soya Stearols , Isopropyl Isostearate , Cetyl Alcohol , PEG-10 Soy Sterol , Glyceryl Stearate , PEG-100 Stearate , C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate , Carbomer , Tetrasodium EDTA , Sodium Hydroxide , Diazolidinyl Urea , Ethylparaben , Methylparaben , Propylparaben

on 12/19/2012 4:23:00 PM

This product is not helping my skin. It made my light acne A LOT worse. I thought it would be a great moisturizer to help keep my skin non-irritated and prevent dryness, but it did not. My acne almost all gone and than I started using this moisturizer and it aggravated my acne and brought me back to the starting point of me treating my acne.

on 12/16/2012 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

UPDATE:
My mom with very sensitive rosacea-skin tolerated this just fine.
END OF UPDATE
I have sensitive skin and have absolutely no problems. The reactions I've had to products in the past are: feeling like I'm sweating under moisturizers, pimples all over the face, acne-looking pimples, itchiness, redness and rough skin. I haven't experienced any of this with this moisturizer :/ BUT: I have DRY skin that isn't prone to acne. This has an ingredient that seems to be bad for people that are acne-prone: Ethylhexyl Palmitate, which is a fatty-acid ester that is rated 4 in commedogenicity and 1 as irritant, and it's the 3rd indredient on the list of this moisturizer. The ingredients don't seem to be the best, really. Check the ingredients here:
The only thing I actually hate about this moisturizer i that it frikkin BURNS if you get it in the eyes! That's a quality I don't wan t any of my face products to have as I don't have anything for only under the eyes - I just use my face-stuff all over.
But again, this moisturizer doesn't bother my skin at all, moisturizes well, sinks into the skin fast, makeup applies well on top - it works for me as a cheap day moisturizer in a time where I don't have money to spend on my regular expensive moisturizer for sensitive skin - I now only use it at night.
My mother, who has rosacea wanted to try this out too. If you don't know, people with rosacea have VERY sensitive skin. I will update this review after she has tried this out too - promise.
An inexpensive Wallmart-brand-dupe for this is Equate's Ultra-Gentle Facial Moisturizer (oil-free). See reviews here:
Would I buy again? Most likely not. This doesn't have any barrier ingredients, antioxidants or soothing agents which is something I like my moisturizers to have - this is too plain. I always use my regular moisturizer for me eye area too (haven't ever found an eye cream my eyes don't react to), so I hate how this burns if I get in in my eyes.

on 11/24/2012 7:17:00 PM

My face felt very hydrated and soothed....the next morning, my face was radiant....Love this!!

on 11/3/2012 4:50:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I'm only doing this review for the sake of my fellow acne sufferers. Its hard having acne and it's even harder when products suggesting they are for "senstivie" skin people decieve you and leave you will inflamed pimples. I even narrowed my reviews to acne prone people only and have seen the people who went throught what I did with this product how they cannot believe they are marketing this for sensitive skin when it broke them out or inflamed their existing pimples as it did for me.

Now this thing moisturizes beautifully! It really does, it's probably gives the skin the best moisture ever. It really does absorb into the skin and sits well. It isn't oily or heavy, just right. It made my foundation go on like a total dream!

Besides all the good, stuff like that is never worth the inflamed pimples and more pimples. So it is a big downfall and ultimately a dealbreaker.

on 11/3/2012 3:02:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've tried quite a few moisturizers in my search for the perfect match for me and this is by far my favorite in every way! It is very light, applies smoothly, absorbs quickly and leaves my skin feeling quite heavenly! I cannot stand heavy, oily, smelly moisturizers and this gem is exactly the opposite! It leaves my skin feeling light and refreshed!

Definitely a recommend!

on 10/27/2012 7:35:00 AM

Love this product, does such an amazing job. Lightweight, non greasy and sinks in quickly. Great for sensitive/acne prone skin that gets occasional dry patches but has an oily t-zone. Much better than the one for combination skin, and I have combination skin.

on 9/15/2012 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

The remedy to dry, sensitive and red skin comes in a sleek white bottle and it's called Neutrogena Moisture Oil-Free. This is my second ever moisturizer, but it's the best so far. I started to avoid moisturizers after a terrible experience with a similar product, Moisture Oil-Free SPF 30. I guess it was just a little too harsh for my skin.

However, Neutrogena gained back my trust with this little bottle of wonder! It's super light and is ultra gentle. It's not heavy or greasy at all. It's hypoallergenic, fragrance-free and contains no drying alcohol. One pump is enough to cover my face with a tiny bit extra for the neck.

All I can say is that it is the perfect product for sensitive skin. Totally worth the money!

on 9/8/2012 10:10:00 PM

I love this I put on one pump and then my face doesnt break out I also put it on my neck. I haven't used two yet maybe when winter starts. It is no frills just a plain moisterizer. I do not have sensitive skin but I like using sensitive skin products because they have less bad chemicals. I love this don't listen to the bad reviews but I think I may start buying BB cream. So I MIGHT not repurchise. Or I could try something else. I love to experiment and buy dirt cheap stuff. This was six bucks expensive for drug store but cheap for moisturizer dont add anything else neutrogena it is good enough

on 9/7/2012 12:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

What a nightmare. I can not comprehend how they can market this product for those who have sensitive skin, my skin literally scorched when I put it on! Full on stinging! I should have taken that as a hint but I was also trying out a new cleanser at the time so I didn't clue in to it being the moisturizer until I forgot to put it on one day! My acne flared up horribly and my skin had the appearance of scales. Clearly wasn't getting much moisture from this product. Not only was it an ineffective moisturizer, it literally hurt me AND it made my skin break out. Pass this one up ladies!

This is my go-to moisturizer for daytime AND night time. I never thought much about fragrance being irritating until I used this one, which has NO fragrance. The difference is unbelievable! It is completely soothing to my skin and It does not cause redness when applied. One of the reviewers below got it right when she said use only one pump if you want it to melt into your skin and not be greasy. One pump gives your skin that dewy look and allows makeup application to be smooth and flawless (no flakes!) I use this under Revlon Colorstay for oil/combo skin, by the way. At night, I sometimes use a pump and a half or two pumps because I have combination/dry skin while still being prone to clogged pores, but not necessarily pimples. I know this moisturizer has made my skin healthier and clearer because when I wake up in the morning after applying this at night, my skin is amazingly soft and balanced...not dry or oily. I love to feel my face in the morning now. Before, I was using Clinique's DDMG and it was too drying and Clean & Clear's Dual Action which was better then DDMG but still not moisturizing enough. I didn't think there was a happy medium between greasy and drying but there is and it is in this moisturizer. It is very basic (no spf or anti-aging) but that is perfect for me since I apply my treatments before I moisturize. I have used it for two weeks and It has not broken me out or caused any irritation. So far this is my favorite moisturizer I've ever used! Highly recommended!

Update 01/01/15 - This moisturizer began stinging when I applied and especially around my eyes, making them water very badly. It also ended up causing breakouts in places I don't normally get them - inflamed pimples, not just tiny clogs. I have since switched to Alpha Hydrox 10% enhanced lotion in the PM and Clean & Clear hydrating gel lotion in the AM with perfect results.

Popular Moisturizers