Cover Girl Simply Ageless

3.5

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (4.9%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Talc, Butylene Glycol, Niacinamide, Euphorbia Cerifera Wax (Candelilla), Isotridecyl Isononanoate, Ozokerite, Acetyl Glucosamine, Silica, PEG 9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Sorbitan Isostearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Dimethicone, Methicone, Panthenol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Stearic Acid, Dimethicone/Methicone Copolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, May Contain: Iron Oxides, May Contain: Titanium Dioxide

on 6/17/2011 1:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I've been wearing this foundation for about 6 months now and I have to say I quite like it. I get tons of compliments on how great my skin looks. It looks very natural and lasts all day. I can even get away with not touching it up during the day or before going out at night. The coverage is nice but doesn't feel or look heavy. I don't like the packaging though and don't use the sponge. I've found that I get a better finish when I apply it with a foundation brush. The sponge tends to absorb a lot of foundation, which is not only wasteful but also can be cakey. I highly recommend applying it with a foundation brush.

on 6/2/2011 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I needed a foundation that I could go out and grab quickly to wear the next day. I don't usually buy DS makeup because it has always let me down and this turned out to be no exception.

1) The packaging is getting a lot of heat on here. It's not that it's BAD it's just excessive. There's too much thought put into how to open it and, IMO, too much packaging to begin with for such a small amount.

2) I bought the color that matched my skin tone only to find that the "primer" actually lightens the foundation when you put it on. ?!?

3) - and most important - It's slightly drying. Why on earth you would make makeup for a mature woman that isn't at least hydrating to neutral is beyond me. It settles in every crevice in your face, which I'm guessing if someone had acne scars they would be seriously up a creek with this makeup.

Conclusion: I've used it a few times as an undereye concealer because you only need a touch. Won't use it on my whole face. Definitely won't buy again!

on 5/19/2011 10:53:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm on my second jar of this. I loved that I had found a color that matched me perfectly. I loved that I had something I could literally just slap on when I was in a hurry. I loved it until today. The top on my car was down, and I was just leaving Walgreen's (after a small lip haul). I got in my car, looked in the rearview, and I was horrified. I looked dry, pasty and pale, and every pore, line and line-to-be was not only visible but accentuated. As soon as I got home, I put the jar in the stash of stuff I hate but haven't thrown away yet. I gave it a 1 for packaging quality because even though I liked the product, the packaging stunk -- hard to open and especially difficult to figure out the first time around. Also, it is a bit pricey for DS, but I loved it. I love it no more. Back to my BE which at least diffuses some of the peaks and valleys of my face.

on 5/16/2011 7:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I don't have any idea whether I like Covergirls Simply Ageless, I can't get it open. I suppose I could break it, but then I wouldn't be able to return it if I didn't like it. So back it goes tomorrow.

on 5/11/2011 5:34:00 PM

I thought about buying this for a long time before I actually did-in fact I bought it twice-the first time it turned out to be too light so I gave it to my mom. The second time I got a better match and I liked the product until......I ran out of it in less than a month and I do not wear makeup every day! Then I noticed it only has .4 of an oz in the package. That is four tenths of an ounce. Look at other brands-most have one ounce and this one was no even one half! You are much better off to buy something like Mary Kay. While theirs is $20 a tube of it will last several months even if you use it every day. I do not know how Cover Girl will keep selling this one in a bad economy. It is an okay make up but certainly not worth the price. To have it last as long as the MK brand you would have to buy at least $100 worth.Mary Kay is a much better deal and you can have a consultant get you the perfect match.

on 5/1/2011 10:26:00 PM

I bought this foundation because the swirled colors looked so cool. I don't understand the large number of complaints online and on YT about the difficulty of opening the container; it obviously twists off even if it is stiff. You can see the screw threads through the glass, folks!
For the foundation itself: I would recommend this for people who have normal to oily skin. It dries to a nice powder/matte finish. It covers redness REALLY well and stays put all day. It doesn't sink into the teeny fine lines under my eyes, which is great, but I can't use it on my forehead because it makes the lines that are almost undetectable sans makeup look like troughs! It's really thick and dries fast, so the only way I can make it work is to moisturize like heck first, and then instead of waiting for the lotion to sink in I apply the foundation right away, lightly, with a damp sponge. A primer might make it go on better but the foundation is already expensive for a drugstore brand ($13 at wal-mart, up to $16 elsewhere) and the primer is about the same so if I'm going to spend that much money on makeup I might as well get a better foundation I can actually blend. Also: the foundation dries MUCH lighter than it appears in the package. I have very light skin with a slight ashy/yellow undertone, and normally just go for whatever CG foundation is lightest, but their 205 made me look like a ghost!

Final say: Love the coverage, but workability nil. Definitely better options out there!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I purchased this at a local store called "Small Change" I got it for 4 bucks......and btw I love this store...they have tons of beauty products that they pick up for a steal...... somewhere. These products are not expired, so I am not sure where they get them, but nevertheless, I love going there and always spend at least 25 - 30 bucks on things I just want "to try". Anyway...back to the foundation. I am in love with it and have only used it 2X. I think the one I got is # 235 Light/Medium. I have been tanning, so I am able to wear something other than the lightest shade; otherwise I think even the lightest shade would be too dark for me as the color of these don't appear to vary very much from shade to shade. But that is MO. I am 43 and I have very oily skin, so I have been blessed with not having wrinkles ...yet. I do have some fine lines around my mouth, but nothing major. This foundation gives full coverage, so I use a very light hand and a damp sponge. I didn't even try the one that came with it, so cannot comment on it's usage. The coverage of this is wonderful, but it does emphasize dry patches which I tend to get from using acne treatment products, but I use an oil-free mositurizer before applying which helps a lot. Unlike most foundations, I find I can use this without applying a loose powder over it. And, it does not show my oilyness less than an hour later like most foundations. I am so glad I picked this up - even though I thought it would be way too moisturizing for my skin type with the white ribbon in it.
UPDATE - I have gotten rid of this foundation as it started making my face look like it was all caked up with too much makeup. No matter how little I apply it just looks very fake and cakey. I went from loving this to hating it : (

on 4/30/2011 1:36:00 AM

I decided to give this a try as I have some fine lines and large pores. Sadly, it didn't quite deliver even as I applied it as lightly and as sparely as I could. It made my face oily and had breakouts. And yes, the pores are very visible. And this is not exactly cheap.

on 4/15/2011 10:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I use a foundation brush to apply this - never even tried to use the applicator that came with it. Having said that, it only takes a small amount of this to give decent coverage. I don't like to look like I'm wearing makeup but I do want my flaws covered - sometimes that's asking a lot. I found this makeup, if applied with a light hand, does just that. I have also received compliments on my makeup while wearing this, so that's really saying something.

on 4/15/2011 7:12:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

LOVE this stuff! I have a few wrinkles around my eyes and on my forehead. This goes on so smoothly and creamy. People say "your skin looks so creamy." That makes me feel good. I agree with others when they complain about the useless sponge that comes with the foundation. I just rub my fingers over the foundation to warm it slightly and apply that way. It goes on smoothly and you can blend easily. The only complaint I have is that I wish it had a mirror included. If you don't have one available it isn't always convenient to apply on the go. Other than that, I adore this foundation.

Popular Crème Foundations