OPI Yoga-Ta Get This Blue!

4.5

on 7/8/2008 12:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

On me this polish looked like a deep navy creme in standard lighting. It wasn't until I was in very bright light or sunlight that the medium colored blue sparkle showed up. Generally this just looked dark on me and isn't one of my favorite colors. (I am NW20 w/strong pink undertones.) I wasn't impressed w/the color on me at all. I paid retail for this so it was $8.50. Perhaps I think the cost was excessive b/c of the fact I didn't really care for the polish color. However, despite the fact that I didn't care for the color this polish is well pigmentated, two coats covered nicely. It was smooth and not too thick or thin. This comes in the standard OPI bottle w/the Pro Wide Brush. Since I didn't like the color I would not purchase again.

on 7/4/2008 6:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is bright Power Ranger boy blue! Not cute!! (maybe unless you're really tan). Go for Russian Navy instead, deeper & much more wearable.

on 6/29/2008 10:23:00 PM

I like this color and I bought it online without seeing it in person and it is nice, but I think my expectations were too high...it is only slightly lighter than Russian Navy..which I do prefer to Russian Navy, but they are too similar to purchase both. While I do like the color, I think I would not buy again until I run out of Yoga-ta get this blue and Russian Navy..It is a really nice blue, do not get me wrong, it just is not my favorite OPI shade.
I think I should have bought something more summery, which I will soon as I am eyeing the retro collection...
I however do not regret buying it and will most definitely use it, but as I have like 40+ OPI shades, I do not know how often.

UPDATE:
in the light it does look significantly different from Russian Navy and looks almost sapphire-ish...very pretty (in a LOTof light)

on 6/17/2008 8:31:00 PM

After reading much reviews... I decided to take the plunge and stray away from the traditional light pearly whites, pinks, clear, and even maroon-ish reds... and go for this blue. I'm very glad I did! The bottle was quite expensive, but I think it is a good investment. I even received compliments from my mom, who was against the blue color. It's not super black and glides on smoothly. I only used one application per nail and it's pretty dark navy blue with hint of blue shimmer. I think in one of my swap pictures, there's an example of my nail in there haha...

I just bought this...and I love it. I was going to buy Chanel Blue Satin, but I just cannot spend $19 on nail polish. Beautiful blue color, I get so distracted when I'm outside with sandals on...can't stop staring at my toes. I would love to try this on my nails, however it is considered an inappropraite color where I work. Oh well, still worth it.

on 5/11/2008 8:14:00 PM

I really like this color, but it's almost too blue for me... I was really hoping for more of a navy color, but it was a little bit too royal on me. Also, the wear wasn't as good as my other OPI polishes, it only lasted about 3 days without chipping (which is still awesome, but I'm used to a week+ with OPI). Overall, it was okay, the color was really pretty, just not what I wanted. I guess I'm back to Russian Navy, which is more of the vamp navy color that I love :)

on 5/6/2008 3:42:00 AM

A great alternative to Chanel's Blue Satin (which would have cost around $25), Yoga-ta Get This Blue has the same dark blue/almost black color and sheen. I prefer it to Russian Navy as it's a bit darker and looks closer to Chanel's color du jour.

on 5/4/2008 9:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Oh, Man! And just when I went out and bought "Russian Navy", OPI comes out with Yogata get this blue and I had to get it! Unlike Russian Navy, which is darker and could even seem eggplant-y or inky black, Yoga-ta is most definitely blue and is a stunning pedi choice. I love it.

on 4/24/2008 7:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This shade of blue is fantastic. It's a deep navy, with a subtle shimmer that shows up in the sunlight. I use it on my toenails, because it's not really appropriate for me for work. I've had these on my toenails for about three weeks and they still look great!

on 4/24/2008 2:22:00 PM

LOVE. I love the pro wide brush, and love the color so much I can't stand it. It's the most amazing blue, and it sparkles in the sun.

Top Rated OPI Products