Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue

3.7

on 1/10/2007 10:04:00 PM

I wanted to like this so badly, but sadly it just doesn't work with my chemistry AT ALL. It smells sharp and too musky...almost a musty smell...ewww. Fortunately, I only purchased a sample size because it is on the pricey side.

on 1/5/2007 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love, love, love this fragrance! The top note is a burst of lemon, which I didn't initially like. However, it dries down to a beautiful clean sent. My favorite part is that I can still smell the apples in the dry down. Every time I get a whiff of this stuff, on myself or someone else, I smile. It's really a wonderful scent.
Edit: My love, love, love of this frangrance has worn off. I still think it smells beautiful on others but, lately it turns to lemon pledge on me.

on 1/1/2007 3:40:00 PM

Even though it's a bit pricey and the bottle isn't breathtaking... Light Blue is the HO of perfume for me. It's that one classic scent that no woman should be without! It starts out clean and fresh (yes, there is a hint of apple, but not in a nauseating way like DKNY) but over time you smell the musky undertones... truly beautiful and very sultry. It lasts all day long for me, something few other perfumes have been able to do so far!

on 12/31/2006 11:08:00 PM

This product really smells good. It has a great scent and is the one prefered by various boyfriends. I am one who usually likes natural perfume, but this one is very nice. It does not give me a headache like most chemical perfumes.

on 12/26/2006 9:46:00 AM

One of my favourite fragrances ever!!! Love the lightness of the perfume. I'm using my 3rd bottle of Light Blue now and still can't get enough of it!! I don't like too sweet and agressive perfumes so this one is perfect for me, it's suitable for both daily and evening wear.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

question for the MUAers out there who have this:
when you say it smells like apple is it like DKNY Be Delicious or would you say it's better? thanks!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Light Blue is my HG fragrance because on me it smells light and refreshing. It has a very clean scent which I enjoy. The only downside is that it's really popular and most of my friends wear it. Lately I've been on the quest for a unique scent that is still pleasant, which is hard to find.

on 12/12/2006 9:25:00 PM

The BEST! It reminds me of a Moschino perfume- the one with the weird orange and blue bottle, but somehow, I like Light Blue better. It is my favorite. I'm on my 2nd one. I call it my "citrus". It's very recognizable. Even when I think the scent has worn off, someone will smell me, and be like, "Are you wearing D&G?"

on 12/7/2006 10:18:00 PM

Well, I tried the tester idly at the beauty counter the other week...it smelt light and fresh and a bit bland, I thought. Then, it got better and better and better - after a while it's like a tiny hint of fresh apple, a waft of white rose and some deep and slinky musk and cedar. It dries down to a warm, sexy smell that my husband loved. I now have my very own bottle and smell gorgeous :-)

Edit: I stopped wearing this a couple of years ago and just found the bottle again. Yuk! I don't know if it's gone off or I've changed, but it smells synthetic & gives me a headache. Bleurgh!

on 12/4/2006 7:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really enjoy the smell of this product. But, it is a bit strong for me. It is very complex, even though it seems fresh and clean. I don't think I could wear it though, it is a bit overpowering, even though it doesn't seem as if it would be.

Popular Fragrances