Make Up For Ever Face & Body Liquid Make Up

4.1

Ingredients (new formula): aqua, hydrogenated polyisobutene, sorbitan sesquioleate, cyclopentasiloxane, methylpropanediol, glycerin, butylene glycol, mangifera indica seed oil (mango seed butter), acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, tetrasodium EDTA, fragrance, PEG-8, phenoxyethanol, tromethamine, potassium myristate, chlorphenesin, methylparaben, propylparaben, caprylyl glycol, sodium polyacrylate, panthenol, hexyl cinnamal, limonene, citronnellol, geraniol, butylphenyl methylpropional, linalool, alpha-isomethyl ionene. May contain: CI 77891 (titanium dioxide), CI 777493 (iron oxides), CI 77492 (iron oxides), CI 77499 (iron oxides). Ingredients (old formula): aqua, mineral oil, sorbitan sesquioleate, cyclopentasiloxane, phenoxyethanol, acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, triethanolamine, magnesium myristate, tetrasodium EDTA, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance. May contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides.

on 2/10/2003 6:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This foundation feels very lightweight on the skin- in the bottle, it is a very thin feeling liquid with a very slight gel consistency. It melts into my face very nicely, though.

I've read about other buildable coverage foundations but this one truly is- it can be extremely sheer or built up to medium coverage very easily. This provides a natural but flawless look.

The colors can be deceiving- I wear #2, which looks quite dark and yellowish in the bottle, but when it's blended into my fair skin, it looks perfect.

on 12/22/2002 10:05:00 PM

I wish I liked this foundation. It is shiny within about 2 minutes of putting it on my face. I have combination skin, and this foundation makes my cheeks, eyes, everything oily! The coverage is good (covers my red blotchiness), but, you could fry an egg on my face. I also don't like the wide-mouth opening. You do get a big bottle for the money though.

on 11/14/2002 12:24:00 PM

Great liquid foundation that goes on matte, but let's your own skin shine through. Colors may seem scary in the bottle, but they go on and kind of disppears into your skin. Stays on all day and no oilies either.

on 10/22/2002 1:29:00 PM

Excellent foundation. I apply it using a foundation brush and it feels very very lightweight on my skin. It blends in well and depending on how much coverage I want I just build it up. My only rant is that I wish the colors came in more colors (yellow toned). I'm using #2 which is called ivory and it's not quite a perfect match for me, but the other colors are more pink/orange.

on 10/18/2002 6:33:00 AM

Sadly, this foundation didn't do it for me. It was hard to apply as it was so watery - I prefer a smooth creamy foundation. Also, while it gave a decent light coverage, it did nothing to help control my oily tzone and wore off very quickly.

on 9/16/2002 10:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I so wanted to like this after reading all the reviews. I went to the counter and tried it on. Like the reviews said, it's very watery but gives a very natural coverage. The thing is the colours are really awful. The salesgirl couldn't really find a match and tried to convince me no.2 was a match but I could see it wasclearly PINK on me. Too bad :(

on 9/9/2002 10:44:00 AM

Wow, thank heaven the MA at Bendels convinced me to try a sample of this. I think I just may have found my favourite foundation ever. Don't be fooled by the seemingly orange, watery liquid... it goes on naturally and stays put. Amazing stuff.

on 8/31/2002 9:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This was a custom blend that really I really should have sent back or ordered with my sample to give them the color to match. Love the texture but I have to put layers on for the coverage I need. I have had to mix in a lot of white since the color was a bit off. But I like the product and it lasts! This bottle will take me years to use

on 8/13/2002 2:31:00 AM

I like this light fdn. It looks very natural yet covers your pores well enuff. It looks really dark in my bottle, but it just blend seamlessly for me when I apply with my sponge.
I also dun like the container.. the opening's a little too big... but a good buy for such a big bottle!

on 6/26/2002 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This product looks SO natural on my skin despite it being a shade darker than what i wanted. This has sheer coverage but is able to even up my skin like medium coverage foundation can. My face keeps matte (like in a well-hydrated skin look)for half the day, then when i start to get a bit oily, the oil is somehow spread evenly and becomes unnoticeable. No extra shiny t-zone or anything. My skin just looks more moist. can't explain it.

I'm giving this foundation a four because this is not an oil-free foundation, and it does not contain SPF.