DHC Deep Cleansing Oil

4.2

olive fruit oil, caprylic/capric triglyceride, sorbeth-30 tetraoleate, pentylene glycol, phenoxyethanol, tocopherol, stearyl glycyrrhetinate, rosemary leaf oil

on 12/23/2006 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I looveeeeee this product and using it with mild soap, rocks. I was using Principal Secret Reclaim cleansing because, usually, soaps dry me out. But in this case, the cleansing oil plus the soap makes a huge different. My pores are smaller, not pimples, not clogged pores. My skin feels soft and even. I love it. I will purchase again.

PD: If you buy from DHC website you will receive tons of samples.

on 12/21/2006 5:32:00 PM

i definitely LOVE this!! it gets all my make-up off with just one pump! sometimes one and a half if i have a lot of eye makeup on! for a while i was worried because i couldn't find a good way to erase my waterproof mascara, and DHC's deep cleansing oil took it off right away! i still think it's amazing that it's water soluble, so it never leaves any of that greasy residue that you would imagine oil would leave on your face!! the only complaint i would have is in regards to the packaging, due to the fact that it's in a pump, it's hard to carry it when going on vacation but besides this minor personal annoyance i highly recommend it!

on 12/21/2006 2:27:00 PM

Just like most of the reviewers, I have used almost every skin care line available from drugstore, department store, and doctor's offices. I have found many products that seem to help my complexion, however, nothing has even came close to DHC cleansing oil. I have only used this for 2 weeks only at night to remove dirt and oil before using a benzoil peroxide cleanser. I have not experienced any breakouts, but you do notice clogged pores from the past coming to the surface and then quickly disappearing leaving your complexion looking poreless. If you are a person with lots of clogged pores, you should probably give the product more time to allow it to bring your pores to the surface. I have been a member of Makeupalley for almost 2 years, but I have not been so impressed by a product to take the time to review it until now. I'm sure there are many products that only work for certain skin types, but I feel this product should help everyone's skin. I've heard many times that you need to first remove make-up and then cleanse your skin, and this really helps.

on 12/19/2006 11:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I have very oily skin that is prone to acne and hyperpigmentation so was wary of using anything that had the word "oil" in it on my face. My first experience with cleaning oil started with La Vitton/LaVentine which proved to be a pimple causing disaster in a matter of days. This DHC product however is wonderful and my skin loves it. I have been using it daily for 2 months. It didn't cause a single pimple, it removes all my makeup, washes off with no residue and never dries out my skin. Using this and the rest of my skin care regimen, my skin looks the best it has in years. This is definitely a permanent addition to my skincare routine.

Ingredients are: olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, caprylic/capric triglyceride, sorbeth-30 tetraoleate, tocopherol, phenoxyethanol, propylparaben, stearyl glycyrrhetinate, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf oil
continued >>

on 12/17/2006 11:49:00 PM

I know that this may seem a bit bizarre, but....you know how occasionally you wil let your bikini area go for a while and it's a huge pain to start shaving again? Bumps, blackeads, etc., - and they are irritated by everything, which makes them hard to clean. This product worked like a dream - no blackheads and no irritation.

on 12/17/2006 1:23:00 PM

This is one of my staples...my HG cleansing product. I first bought this when I was in Japan in April this year; it's readily available in all drugstores there. Before then, I had been using a regular mild cleanser to remove all my makeup, thinking that it was sufficient. When I started using this, my skin felt sooo smooth and clean and un-clogged...the first time in a long, long while! In 2-3 weeks, the terrible zits that were plaguing me slowly disappeared. I think it's because I wasn't doing a good job of cleaning my makeup off before, and not that the cleansing oil has any blemish-control properties. For reference, I have oily, sensitive, acne-prone skin, with blotchiness and acne scars (gah!) To use this: I massage 2-3 pumps onto dry face (with dry hands), then rinse off with lukewarm water. To be safe, I follow up with a mild cleanser afterwards. This product has never dried me out/caused breakouts. Contrary to expectations, it didn't feel **icky** or gross on my face either. Since then, I've gone through about 3 bottles of this and love it as much as ever. ^_^ I do wish that the bottle could have been better designed for travelling, though! One of those clever tiny clips which lock the pump in place would have been great and would've made this product easier to carry around (when vacationing, etc).

on 12/14/2006 9:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I thought the idea of using natural ingredients which are found in your skin fluid was wonderful. But clearly, it's not my fav at all. The cleansing oil is too sticky and can bearly remove blackheads from my blackhead forest.I found it too oily after washing it off, along with mild soap, my face was irritated.Rubbing my face so to get rid of debries broke me out.
If you don't react well with light oils like green tea, lavender ( those Dermalogica line ) etc. don't use this one. I think it can seriously clog your pores.

on 12/12/2006 10:36:00 AM

Who knew oil could be so good to your face?! DHC's Deep Cleansing Oil is a wonderful start to my skincare routine. It was so strange to be smearing oil on my face at first! But this oil cleans the face well, and rinses off with a splash of water. Followed by DHC's Mild Soap, it can't be beat!

on 12/9/2006 3:53:00 PM

I've been using oils to precleanse my face for over a year now, but was amazed at how well this stuff works (I've been using sample packets so far). Previously, I was just using a homemade cleanser (olive oil, grapeseed oil, castor oil), but it was a pain since I had to use some other kind of cleanser to remove the oil.The DHC stuff has a wonderfully cushy, thick texture and gets everything (including stubborn waterproof mascara and liquid liner!) off without much rubbing. It rinses cleanly, removing a step from my nightly routine. And it doesn't leave my combination skin feeling stripped or greasy either. My biggest problem is that it's somewhat expensive, and I can only order this online (entailing a $5 shipping charge). It's best to wait for DHC's sales and stock up on this when it's a few bucks cheaper.

on 12/5/2006 4:01:00 PM

I bought this product specifically to remove my eye makeup. The other brands that I've tried, from cheap to expensive, has always left some traces of mascara but this cleansing oil really took it all off! I highly recommend this product for removing makeup!