Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

3.8

TALC,MAGNESIUM STEARATE, POLYETHYLENE, PETROLATUM, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, METHYLPARABEN, COCOS NUCIFERA, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM, PROPYLPARABEN, PARFUM, ALOE BARBADENSIS, BHT, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LINALOOL, BUTYLPARABEN. [ /- MICA, CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77007].

on 7/9/2010 11:22:00 AM

ehhh it's okay. not the best. it's a okay setting powder for my tinted moisturizer but it doesnt really give off any color. the packaging is kinda cheap looking though. One thing i dont get is that fact that some reviewers complain that this product has a strong smell to it? i cant even pick up on the scent.

on 7/9/2010 7:30:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I felt this is a good summer powder for oilier skins. Does a bit better job than dream matte in terms of keeping the oiliness down, but does not give the beautiful finish that dream matte does. I dont mind the packaging and I dont mind the packaging of DM either. It also gets cakey which if you apply too much which dream matte never would do no matter what, but fortunately, since it does work well to control oil, you should not have to constantly reapply, so the cakiness should not be an issue. I only applied so much the first time I got it because that is what I am used to having to do with dream matte. And with dream matte, the product wont last very long due to constantly applying, but I swear you get addicted to the look it gives you and you can't stop, but for oiliness in the summer, dream matte won't do the trick, but maybe this will. If you want a powder that feels nice on your skin though, this is not it. IT feels rough and cheap. It is not finely milled. I would therefore rate it a 3, otherwise it would be my hg.

update: Caution: this contains Bismuth!!!!!

Another product with this ingredient. I wish I had known before now, with a serious painful cystic acne and ingrown hairs of course I am discontinuing the product and will learn to always check ingredients for bismuth. This is a shame because the stay matte foundation and the lasting finish are good powders! And what is ironic, is the stay matte is a Clarifying foundation and keeps the skin clear, only to use their powder which would defeat the whole thing! Bare naturale has it too and had to discontinue that. I know it is not the products fault I am allergic to bismuth (Clinique makeup has it too so watch out), but with a reaction this bad to it, I am sure you can understand why I am going to give it lowest rating possible, as this prod is as useless as it can get for me because it is just a recipe for disaster for my skin. ALL places that sell makeup in my opinion should have return policies but unfortunately my drugstores would give you a problem to return it and now dont return it at all, ridiculous. SO now I have a huge hassle with contacting the manufacturer, for EVERY product I react to and the onus is on me to stand embarrassingly in the aisle reading ingredients, in fear of when I bye it I am stuck with it! Here is what's worse, there are no ingredients on it, I read them on line. So we don't even get a chance to inform ourselves before we buy it, sigh.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My initial reaction in the store to this was that it was going to be a great product to soak up my oil slick of a face. I got it home and i opened it... and the SMELL was soo strong that I almost returned it because i thought the fragrance would flare up my acne. I decided to keep it and i tried it, i tried to ignore the scent. this was a horrible setter for my foundation (revlon colorstay). it barely made my face matte. i was oily within a couple hours. overall, horrible product. It made my face reallly red and sensitive when I washed my face that night also. yuck! sorry for the novel guys, just my opinion.

on 6/21/2010 2:15:00 PM

This product does work but my face goes oily again after 2-3 hours. If you don't mind reapplying this then it's a good product. It's cheap and it does make you stay matte. I didn't have a problem with the lid coming off but I think Rimmel should make the packaging better. Maybe putting it in a compact would be better. Other than that, it's cheap, it works and it keeps your face matte. *Please note that I have extremely oily t-zone.

on 6/20/2010 3:44:00 PM

I love this product! I have been using I as long as I can remember. I put it on over my liquid foundation and concealer to reduce shine I also use it to reduce oil on my face. It is not cakey and it feels light and natural. 5 lippys!

on 6/13/2010 12:58:00 AM

This is a good powder for keeping the oil at bay. The packaging is not great, the lid cracks really easily, and it doesn't come with a brush. However, i found it to work well, and was cheap, which is a bonus. I wont repurcahse because I prefer to use Revlon's Photoready powder, but for people looking for a cheaper alternative, this is a great product.

on 6/13/2010 12:15:00 AM

I use this product as a setting powder. I also use the Maybelline Dream Matte Powder, but I find myself reaching for this power more often. I love the finish it gives! It leaves my skin soft, matte, and even. It just adds that extra kick on top of whatever foundation I am using.

I'm a 300 Golden Beige (Revlon Colorstay), 006 Medium Beige (Revlon Photo Ready), and NC30-NC35 (M.A.C) and I picked up the color Sandstorm. The one color up looked a bit too pink for my skin tone.

The packaging is pretty crappy though - I won't lie. That's where I took off one lippie. If you ever dropped it onto a hard floor, I could see the powder cracking into a million pieces. That's why I never carry it with me. I wish Rimmel would change the packaging - not the formula though!

on 6/11/2010 9:24:00 PM

Im a MAC junkie generally so im used to the studio fix powder, or minerlaized skin finish naturals. For me this rimmel pressed powder is almost as good as the studio finish powder, although it doesnt have any coverage, it's just as mattifying. and for the price this really cant be beat, i used MAC pressed powders to set my face but they are about $30 each and have the same amount of product as this Rimmel pressed powder. so now i use rimmel matte powder daily when i dont want to use up my pricier stuff. this would also be great for touch ups, but you miht want to put a rubber band around it because the lid comes off easily. but for $6, id really suggest trying this

on 6/6/2010 3:37:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

First of all, this product lasts FOREVER. I used it almost everyday for a year before it ran out.
...
The color range is limited, and though I have tan skin, I bought a lighter color since I wanted a sheer setting powder to set my foundation rather than extra color on my face. It feels like pretty much any other powder, though it isn't as finely milled as more expensive brands. I have really oily skin so it only mattified it for about an hour, but that's my skin's fault and not Rimmel's. If you need super oil control, this isn't going to do the trick. It works absolutely fine for setting foundation, though. If you use it on it's own it probably won't do anything other than add powder. It doesn't offer any coverage since it isn't a powder foundation.
...
The packaging is pretty simple and the plastic cover can crack if you accidentally put pressure on it. It can also come off if you put it in a purse. The disk is pretty wide in diameter, which is nice as it allows you to really swirl your brush into it.
...
Overall, this is a basic powder that is really cheap and lasts a long time. It will set foundation just like any ol' powder will. It will mattify normal to dry skin, but it probably won't tame oilier skin.

on 6/5/2010 6:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

what's so good about this? it didn't make my skin matte. I don't like putting on makeup at school because that's just awkward. I applied this in the morning after foundation, I was just as oily by the time I came back. Was I expecting too much? The cover of this powder even has "shine control; control excess sebum" but that's obviously not true!

Video Reviews & Tutorials