Hard Candy Glamoflauge Heavy Duty Concealer

3.9

Petrolatum, Lanolin Oil, Tridecyl Stearate, Neopentyl Glycol, Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Isoamyl Laurate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Ozokerite, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Cetyl Alcohol, MAY CONTAIN: Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891) Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499)

on 4/27/2011 7:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

After all the glowing reviews. I had to pick up this product from Wal Mart. I wasnt exactly sure what to expect but I was pleasantly surprised with the consistency. I have small creases under my eyes ( thanks genetics even my 4 year old brother & 2 year old daughter have them :( ). It covered up my discoloration but settled into every little crease so im still on the hunt for the perfect undereye concealer. It is amazing at covering up all the hyperpigmentation left from acne & eczema. I love the fact that the have the liuttle pencil. I use it to line my waterline 7 then put UD midnight cowboy liner over it & its my instant AWAKE look. I can't complain about purchasing this product, it may not be my HG concealer but it is worth a try.

This stuff is great!!! Up until I purchased this, my HG was Smashbox HD concealer...this is much much cheaper and just as good. It covers EVERYTHING. Blemishes, undereyes, etc without looking cakey or nasty. I'm NC20 and use the lightest shade. I like the little pencil it comes with for tiny spots but I'll admit, I forget to use it. The real winner here is this creamy tube of concealing goodness!! And you get so much product for $6, its ridiculous! Definitely will repurchase! I use it daily, and like other reviewers have stated, it covers better than even the Kat Von D tattoo concealer.

on 4/27/2011 5:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this concealer in light as a recommendation from another MUA member to cover up my dark circles. I must say I'm impressed so far! The key to applying it though is to make sure the underyeye area is well moisturized and use the littlest amount possible. I used to blend with my fingers but with this concealer, I find it is more natural looking to use a concealer brush. Another key to making it not cake is to not powder on top of it. I used Lancome Effacernes before this and for the money, this is a better bargain and I actually think the coverage is better.

on 4/25/2011 4:39:00 PM

I have really bad Cystic acne along my jawline and this covers it up GREAT! When i say a little goes a long way i meant it! It covers up the redness of my acne and i only need a very small amount. I still have more than half the tube and bought it a couple months ago. Not to mention the price! 6$ at Wal*Mart! It is very thick but if you need the full coverage i definately recommend this concealer.

on 4/25/2011 9:46:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

You get a good amount of product here and the little pencil liner is a great for reverse lipliner or nude waterline eyeliner. I have been using it in my lower lashes area outside of the waterline and it is incredible. Now lets talk about the liquid glamoflage, the Tan which is the darkest shade is still sorta light for me, perhaps its not peach enough for my NC40 skintone. I do own the Kat Von D Tatoo concealer in Almond, and I actually like the hard candy better. However, Glamoflage is not my HG and it does not cover my blemishes and undereyes 100% so I dont use this as much as I should. I think its ok for a $6 but not worth my run to the nearest walmart. I will post pics soon of the KVD Almond and HC Tan soon.

on 4/25/2011 12:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is a good product and the amount you get for the price is incrediable! The pigmentation of this is awesome. A little bit goes a LONG way...however, i dont care much to use this under my eyes (which is why i use concealer in the first place) because i feel that it is too heavy and can just make my under eyes look worse. But for anything else that needs covering, this stuff is bomb. The only reason i said i wouldnt buy it again is because 1: It dont work under my eyes and 2: Since you only need a little bit, this product is going to last me forever!

on 4/20/2011 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Sadly, I absolutely hated this product! It felt so greasy even using just a pencil dot amount under my eyes. It also broke me out! Great coverage but I felt like I was putting on cooking oil. Ugh.

on 4/19/2011 10:20:00 AM

With all the talk and hype surrounding this concealer I had to try it. Sadly this concealer just isn't for me. It's thick, cakey, and difficult to blend. Looks horrible under the eyes and tends to look greasy after a few hours. The only redeeming factors would be the inexpensive price tag and the squeeze tube hygienic packaging.

on 4/18/2011 8:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Pretty good coverage...I don't have an issue blending it, the trick is to apply a good moisturizer before hand. I really love the little pencil that comes with it...it's great for touch ups on the go and for blemishes. All in all great concealer for the price!

on 4/17/2011 6:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hard Candy is easily becoming one of my favourite drug store brands (Or Wal-mart brand...). I went hunting for this concealer after reading the great reviews here, and although I had to hit up three different Wal-Marts to find it, it was worth it. When Hard Candy describes something as a "heavy duty" concealer, they aren't kidding. This is a very thick concealer that really does cover up all your blemishes. It's a thick, very opaque liquid, with a somewhat oily feel to it (A lot like Cover FX's Conceal FX).

A little goes a long way -- I usually squeeze the tiniest amount possible out of the tube, and can cover up quite a few of my (many) blemishes with just that. Luckily, the tube is very conducive towards this, having a very fine, narrow opening.

This product is not without its problems. As many people have noted, there's a very limited number of colour choices (only three). I also find this concealer kind of resistant to blending. Using Hard Candy primer, it blends a little bit better, but I think a product should be able to stand on its own. Nonetheless, this is a great concealer, and the cost ($8 Canadian) is just the icing on the cake.