Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

3.8

TALC,MAGNESIUM STEARATE, POLYETHYLENE, PETROLATUM, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, METHYLPARABEN, COCOS NUCIFERA, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM, PROPYLPARABEN, PARFUM, ALOE BARBADENSIS, BHT, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LINALOOL, BUTYLPARABEN. [ /- MICA, CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77007].

on 11/28/2010 1:46:00 AM

This is now my HG setting powder. i bought it in translucent just because i wanted a translucent setting powder and thats exactly what i got. this stuff is amazingly cheap and for me it stays on my skin and continues to absorb oil all day. no need for touch ups! i took away 1 point cause the packaging is so bad, you couldnt take it with you in your purse because the lid comes off so easily. other than that i loooove it!

on 11/27/2010 9:47:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I really enjoy this product. I use when I want a nice matte finish, or before dance so i dont get to sweaty. I also use it to blend my eyeshadow.

on 11/10/2010 6:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I bought this product in 003 Peach Glow because all the other pale colours seemed too yellow on my skin; even 001 Transparent looked strange. My skin tone is quite fair and neutral to cool with pink undertones.
I put it on and was quite pleased with the results. It really does look quite peachy, but not in a way that is too warm for my skin. Ideally, it would be a little on the cooler side which is why I won't be buying this one again, but it's usable. Unfortunately, I have to reapply it if I want it to stay on, but it does its job and keeps me looking very matte.
Also, make sure you moisturise before using this and don't have any dry patches of skin!
It would be nice if this came with an applicator, but it's not such a big deal because it's quite cheap and the package fits my small sponge in it.

on 11/3/2010 3:36:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

This product works very well for me. I have combination skin and it'll just make all the shine go away. It doesn't last a whole day but then again I don't know any other powder that does.

on 10/24/2010 3:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I needed a setting powder really bad, I was at my local drugstore and this product was on sale, so I gave it a shot. I got the shade 001 - Transluscent, seeing that I have very fair skin.

First of all, I liked that even though it was "transluscent", it wasn't white. It has a very sheer beige tone to it, which makes it look less chalky than white powder. It doesn't cake, but it does tend to look very powdery on dry area. It is also very easy to put too much on - have a light touch. That being said, it does a pretty good job at keeping the skin matte and oil-free - I usually touch it up maybe once or twice during the day, because my nose gets oily, but that's it.

I have a pretty clear skin to begin with, no oil problems or anything, so I didn't need much aside from it to set my foundation when I wear some - it does that very well. It didn't break me out. I don't like the packaging, but I'll get over it. I like it, it's better than having no powder at all, but when I run out, I might give another product a try - or purchase again, we'll see.

on 10/18/2010 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I had run out of my MAC Mineralize powder, and this powder caught my eye. I was extremely hesitant to buy it because of the fact I had used the Stay Matte foundation and it didn't work for me.
But it was only $4, and it looked promising!

I used it all up! I would set it over tinted moisturizer and was instantly getting so many people telling me how great my skin looked! I was so surprised! It covered my skin so well, I was able to use it without the tinted moisturizer and with just concealer.

I ran out, started using Elizabeth Arden powder and am ditching that, and now I'm hearing rave reviews on NYC loose powder, so I'm looking into that next!
I would buy Rimmel again,but I want to use loose powders!

Will definitely repurchase if the NYC powder fails me!

on 10/15/2010 1:57:00 AM

i use the transparent kind over my mac pro longwear foundation&concealer to set it, and it works pretty well! i just wish the lid actually snapped/screwed onto the base of the product

on 10/5/2010 8:04:00 AM

It's a good powder, probably not the best I used but for the last 2 years I only used this one, I don't feel the need to try something else, and I usually like to try new stuff. I only used it in translucent , and on top of colorstay foundation ( another thing that I didn't change once I bought the first bottle 2-3 years ago). I have oily forehead and nose and pretty dry cheeks (especially during winter time) and compared to other powders that make the skin look even drier this one has no negative effect on the dry skin. For the oily parts it doesn't last all day, it lasts around 4-5 hours.
So yes a very good powder, I didn't even realized how good it is until I wrote the pluses down. Oh and another big plus, it's pretty cheap, so you get a good quality and a pretty big amount (it lasts around 3 months used every day) on a low price.

I haven't been using many drugstore products lately, but on days where all I do is run errands, I turn to them to save money.

I've been buying this pressed powder for years, and it's fantastic. I don't use it as foundation, but as a setting powder. I have it in silky beige. It is pretty soft on the face, milled to a nice consistency.

I use it to set liquid foundation, or as a blot powder when I'm at home. I love it because it's buildable and always blends into my skin. Plus, it has that matte finish, which is great.

It's not like HG mattifying for hours, but nothing is for me. So for a drugstore product, this is a must-have.

The only thing is the container really needs to be a screw on. Right now it's a lift straight up plastic lid with nothing to really keep it from falling off in your purse. That could definitely be fixed. Same packaging as with their natural bronzers. They only have a tiny grip!

on 9/19/2010 10:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Nothing special. The powder is not too pigmented, which is good, as the shade I got (silky beige) is lighter than my skin. It mattifies just fine. It's nothing special to me, though, and I probably don't need it, as I have no need for "shine control" (I have no oil on my face, I have dry skin). Also, the packaging is irritating, the little screw lid does not screw on securely. Overall *I* would not buy again, though if you are looking for a decent cheap mattifying drugstore powder, and you have oily skin, this would probably work just fine.

Video Reviews & Tutorials