MAC Pro Longwear Concealer

4.1

Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Tribehenin, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Methicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Laureth-7, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Sorbic Acid [may contain] (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

on 6/26/2011 9:57:00 AM

I've tried the studio fix concealer and select cover up, and nothing comes close to the pro longwear concealer. It is pro-longwear for a reason!

+ doesn't crease at all
+ very smooth application, doesnt dry out so fast like cream concealers
+ doesn't really need a powder to set, it has a smooth finishing texture
+ great for concealing undereyes with bluish tones
+ after 8 hours of wear, it still doesn't crease. amazing.

- pump is terrible, wastage & a mess
- doesn't smell nice, very chemical

on 6/25/2011 6:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I'm hooked on this concealer. In fact, this concealer changed my makeup routine completely, because now I don't need to pile a bunch of crap on my face. I have combo skin with some acne scarring and I use this basically as my foundation. This is great for evening out skin tone, covering belmishes, under the eyes, anywhere you need it. My skin looks so natural, I don't feel like I'm hiding anything. And it lasts ALL DAY. I'm not kidding. This makeup stays put until you take it off. My only gripe is the pump. I'd prefer a tube, so I have better control over what comes out. But I use about 3 pumps to cover my face with the stipling brush, then I top with mineralize skinfinish powder, add a little blush and I'm done.

on 6/22/2011 4:55:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Where have you been all my life?
I recently went out with a friend after she dragged me out of the house.
She asked why I was being so quiet. I explained to her that I was feeling extra self concious that night since I had a HUGE pimple on my cheek.
She just chuckled, reached into her bag, and took out this concealer.
I swear she was shaking when trying to pump it. Trying to give me the least amount possible.
She insisted that it was really strong and I didn't need alot. I thought she was just being stingy since the bottle was so small.
I went to the restroom with no expectations and just patted on the concealer over the pimple.
I couldn't believe it. It was completely gone.
You're probably thinking the pimple wasn't big, or protruding, or red. But I kid you not it was a very ANGRY pimple!
I ran out of the restroom, hugged my friend, then shoved her for not telling me about it sooner.
I'm a very light skinned asain and I bought it in n20 .
Run don't walk to get this.
I even bought two. One for home and one for my makeup bag.

on 6/20/2011 6:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I bought this in March and it has now surpassed my studio finish pot concealer as my go to/HG concealer. Here is why I love it...I have really oily skin and I love how this stays put, doesn't slide into my laugh lines or crease under my eye. It also doesn't dry out my skin or look cakey. It is very build-able and does dry quickly so I start off with a little and add more as needed until I get the look I'm going for. It doesn't break me out at all, nor do I feel it on my skin. I know one complaint has been about the amount that comes out. I simply bought a tiny lip balm screw top jar and place one pump's worth in there and use it for a couple of days. No waste-EVER. Lastly, I am most impressed with how much product is in this little bottle. I thought for sure I would use it up quickly but as I said, I bought it back in March and have used it almost daily since then. I've only used about 25% of the bottle. So I'm guessing this will last me almost a year. This is perfect since I probably shouldn't keep concealer any longer than that.

on 6/16/2011 1:52:00 PM

ahhh lets see

i like this concealer for undereyes only!i was recommended by a mac artist to try this concealer out cause i had acne on my chin and looking for a good concealer to cover up the blemishes and acne,anyways it worked really well but it made the acne on my chin worse =o( i have more flare ups than i did before! i always cleanse my chin really well before bed but yeah i would only use this for undereyes only if your a huge acne suffer

on 6/12/2011 9:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I just got this last week. I've started wearing tinted moisturiser instead of foundation so I needed a concealer with better coverage than my usual one.

The MAC artist recommended this because it have dry skin and the ones in the pots would give me a more cakey finish. She matched me with NW20 which is perfect.

Pro:
It's a lovely product and cheap for a high-end brand. (9ml for $32AU)
Medium coverage but can be built-up to full coverage.
Nice natural finish
Easy to apply and blend

Con:
Smells like house paint
Pump is hard to use

I'm still on the look for my HG but this is perfect for now :)

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is an amazing concealer. I've had it for about 4 months and there's about half left. Unfortunately I have to look for a lighter concealer because it's Winter in Australia and I don't want to purchase this concealer in a lighter colour because it is quite pricey at $32 a vial.

Anyways, this concealer is definitely suitable for dry skin. It is a liquid consistency and doesn't seem to cake on dry skin which is amazing especially in the Winter.

And for those who are lucky to have the Summer climate - let me tell you... THIS CONCEALER IS AMAZING FOR STAYING POWER! In the summer I like to have a tinted moisturizer and a concealer that will stay put.. and this is definitely a HG concealer for the summer... well for me, in general! :D

For coverage - this is definitely a full coverage concealer. But unfortunately SOMETIMES I do tend to get a blemish that can't be covered completely by this concealer. But honestly I don't think any concealer could cover them up anyways.

And my last favourite thing about this concealer - I can triple this up as a blemish and under eye concealer AND eye primer. Personally my eyeshadow stays all day when I use this (because I run my under eye concealer up onto my lid) even with those cheap $4 eyeshadows! :D SO IMPRESSED MAC!

So the ONE thing I dislike about this product is the packaging. It does look very classy in the glass vial. It could definitely fit in a typical make up bag. But the distribution of the actual concealer itself is terrible. The pump is very hard to control how much you want to take out. It's taken me a while to get used to and know how much pressure to put on the pump to get the right amount but it has probably gotten easier because the amount in the vial has lowered. With that said the inside of the cap and the pump gets very messy as some of the excess product stays on the pump hole after you've used it. It's a pain because it gets wasted. :(

I am forgiving for a product's packaging though. I love this product SO much that I would never actually take the terrible packaging for account. This is everything I want in a concealer and I'm so glad I've found it.

NEVER DISCONTINUE THIS MAC!!!

on 6/11/2011 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I use this product everyday, it covers nicely especially when I don't want to re-apply concealer throughout the school day. Although, my only complaint is the pump dispenses way to much product. I could probably save half of the product that pumps out on my hand but it all just goes to waste. It's slightly annoying but I love this concealer! I can deal with the pump problem.

on 6/10/2011 7:10:00 AM

*** UPDATE: I managed to make this work by mixing some with my YSL bronzing gel - it improves the colour and funnily enough, also texture. That YSL stuff seems to mix with pretty much anything.... BUT I dropped it on the bathroom floor, and it shattered. Why glass packaging??? *** I dislike this product. Caveat: this may be because the “make up artist” at MAC gave me a completely wrong colour – NC15 is just way too light. I should have realised and basically it serves me right to allow an SA to find me the right shade (I normally never trust them, having ever only had bad experiences). I can’t believe how it could have looked okay in the store. However, even allowing for that I still don’t like the consistency of this product – very thick and sticky, paint-like. I put it on in truly minute amounts, anything more and it is very gunky. The pump is useless, it gives out so much product I end up wasting most of it. It’s very difficult to control. So, with the right colour this “could” be a good product but I’ve had better concealers in the past with better texture and importantly a non-wasteful dispenser.
I should have gone for the Lancome or the Dior… :-P

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

To begin with, let me preface by saying my summer concealer # is NW40 in the pot concealer... I was thinking okay, how off can the liquid one be? Very off... LOL Not terribly so, but, take heed. I would probably need an NW35 and would normally be an NW30. Anyway, coverage -- buildable and covers marks very well. I have a stupid annoying dark spot from that blemish the Neutrogena On the Spot Acne treatment got rid of and the Pro long wear covered that. Even though I know the color would be too dark -- I tried it around my eye area. First under the eyes -- smoooooooth, blended well and covered. On the upper eye, evened out my brow bone and lid and created a nice base to apply my makeup. (yes, I sometimes use concealer as a base). I have normal skin and don't have creasing issues but your mileage may vary. Wear -- lasted all day and was easily removed with MAC's cleanse off oil. Gripes -- color selection is a tad off, but that's minor.. The pump (love this idea! it's so sanitary) can dispense a lot of product because the tiniest amount can really cover well! I was impressed. I guess you can unscrew the top and dispense product that way but meh, too much work. The bright side? Once the concealer is done, throw your favorite foundation into the little bottle and you now have a travel sized mixed with whatever your favorite foundation is with concealer built in. Repurchase? most definitely. In my correct color, of course! It's great for every day wear whereas I would use the pot concealer for heavy duty coverage or special events.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Mac Pro Long Wear Concealer and Prep and Prime Highlighter Review by BeautynLifewSue

MAC Pro Longwear Concealer | First Impression (F.I.F) by Chloe Luckin